Bounty Amounts for Government Officials

Handles economics and bountying.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) MiniInt

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Praetor, Arbiter, and Steward: 500 Erb per important contribution
Cabinet-Level Ministers (MiniImNat, MiniInfo, MiniTrade, MoMa, MinEx): 250 Erb per important contribution

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Re: Bounty Amounts for Government Officials

Post by Thadeus Laing »

On 8/20/2012, 4763 ASC, payments were made from the Imperial Treasury

to Wythe, Steward, MiniImNat, 750.00;
to Malliki, Arbiter, 500.00;
to Spraki, Praetor, 500.00;
to Conglacio, MiniEx, 250.00;
to Lord Montague, MoMa, 250.00;
to Gustave Chevalier, MiniTrade, 250.00;
and to Vilhelm Benkern, MiniInfo, 250.00;

the total amount of the bounty payments was 2750.00 Erb.

Kaiser Stan I

Post by Kaiser Stan I »

Dear Minister, while I agree that Ministers and other officials should receive a bounty for the hard work they put in, my view is that these should be ad-hoc and depend upon particular good work. An Arbiter who hears no cases shouldn't receive a bounty. A Steward probably wouldn't. Praetor, if they are handling big disputes, and only if they do so well. Ministers, for their individual efforts in their area of expertise. This brings them in line with the rest of the citizen body who should be given bounties for cultural and other important work, as discerned by the government e.g. Ministerial recommendation (e.g. from MiniInfo for wiki work). That's how Andreas used to do it and I think it worked well.

However, I am welcome to new ideas so if you think there are benefits to flat government salaries- for example, making the positions themselves attractive- I am eager to hear them.

I will be returning my MiniInfo salary for now simply because I have done nothing since my ascension as Kaiser, which was shortly after my appointment. Further, Wythe is not Steward.
His Imperial Niftiness Yardistanislaus du Grifos
Kaiser of Shireroth, Count of Mar Sara
Suzerain of Hawshire // Peil̊åkti an Ixraǔtn | Protector of the Safir // Xonuti Shawa 'allumi Sanilla'i'i | King of the Free State of Sanilla

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Your Niftiness,

Your incentive-based bounty plan is most excellent. From hereon, MiniTrade will only award bounties for actual work completed by government officials, not for their merely holding the title of an office. MiniTrade will also reacquire for the Imperial Treasury the 500.00 accidentally sent to Wythe.

Sincerely,

Gustave Chevalier
Minister of Trade

Return to “Office of Bounties and Factorage”