[TRY] Inquiry

Handles economics and bountying.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) MiniInt

Yulodion E'nothwocep

[TRY] Inquiry

Post by Yulodion E'nothwocep »

Dear Minister-in-Charge:

On behalf of Vosenuvitia, a northerly district of Treisenberg, I am making this visit to inquire about trade with Shireroth. Questions:

* How is it done? Does Shireroth have a currency? Is the value constant or changed as circumstances permit?
* How are agreements settled enforced?
* What are ties between Constancia and Shireroth on trade?
* How does Shireroth view the Policon in terms of trade, mortal enemies or potential opportunities?
* Will Shireroth migrate to an electronic coin-based currency in the future?

Regards,

T E'nothwocep
Esubarcn of Vosenuvitia
Treisenberg
Last edited by Yulodion E'nothwocep on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malliki Nakita Nur Pinito

Re: [TRY] Inquiry

Post by Malliki Nakita Nur Pinito »

Dear Mr Thulodion

You are held in contravention of several orders from the Kaiser's government that spell out that until your rehabilitation you may not enter Shireroth.

You are fully aware of these orders, as they have been communicated to you several times with receipt that they have been read by you.

The crime for which you were deported from Shireroth is a serious one. The government has always been willing to reconsider a rehabilitation once you demonstrate that you have made a lasting change in your behaviour, that your presence will not cause undue distress to the national community, and that you take full responsibilities for your actions.

Your behaviour now shows that the time has not come for that today.

Your ban remains in place.

If there are any questions, address them to the closest Shirerithian embassy.

Myn
Malliki Nakita Nur Pinito, Viscount Myn
Former President of the State of Talenore

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Rescript concerning His Royal Excellency Thulodion I of the House of E'nothwocep, Esubarcn of Vosenuvitia and Member of the Council of the Grand Prince of Treisenberg,

Thulodion E'nothwocep may correspond with the Imperial Republic as a representative of the Grand Prince of Treisenberg, only for so long as he retains that distinction, concerning trade and other matters. He is however advised to avoid giving the impression of having set foot inside the jurisdiction of Our Lord the Radiant Sun in Benacia, or else he may be liable to the same fate that awaits the Laings and their other associates.

Given this day at Raynor's Keep, 22.III.1652.

- L. DRAVOT

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Dear Rt. Hon. Lord Myn,

We have seen the message from your leader and comprehend it.

Now, where were we.

We would humbly appreciate a reply from your office or the appropriate sub-office to the following questions.

* How is it done? Does Shireroth have a currency? Is the value constant or changed as circumstances permit?
* How are agreements settled enforced?
* What are ties between Constancia and Shireroth on trade?
* How does Shireroth view the Policon in terms of trade, mortal enemies or potential opportunities?
* Will Shireroth migrate to an electronic coin-based currency in the future?

Regards,
T E'nothwocep

Message delivered by third party courier service.
Last edited by Yulodion E'nothwocep on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Your Excellency,

Your questions have been forwarded to the Office of Bounties and Factorage, the Chamber of Guilds and Factorage and the Standing Committee on Economic Affairs for the Imperial Advisory Council. As some of your questions are of a more metaphysical nature (what is an electronic coin-based currency after all) I trust you will accept the inevitability of a slight delay in the provision of the answers that you seek. Shireroth's currency remains the Erb. I can at least assure you of that.

We do, however, have some questions of our own:
  1. Could you furnish us with a copy of the instrument or letters patent by which you gained office and joined the Council of the Grand Prince of Treisenberg?
  2. Is the Council of the Grand Prince of Treisenberg the same entity as the Council of Princes?
  3. Do you negotiate for the United Principalities in particular or for the Principality of Vosenuvitia?
  4. Do you negotiate for your government or for private and commercial interests?
  5. Do you have a mandate from the Grand Prince to conduct negotiations?
  6. What is the present territorial condition of Vosenuvitia. Is it an incorporated or unincorporated part of the United Principalities?
  7. What is the gross domestic product of the United Principalities overall and for your principality in particular?
  8. What resources fall within the territory under the present control of the United Principalities?
  9. What resources can Vosenuvitia presently access and offer for trade?
  10. What goods and services can the United Principalities provide?
  11. What goods and services can Vosenuvitia provide?
  12. What currency does the United Principalities use in the absence of its own?
  13. What is the United Principalities' policy on Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax?
  14. What is the present regime on tariffs for imports and exports?
  15. What is the status of Contract Law in the United Principalities?
  16. Would letters of credit issued by Shirerithian public bodies and corporations be recognised and honoured?
  17. What mechanisms for arbitration exist within the United Principalities?
  18. What safeguards can the United Principalities provide concerning the retention of commercially sensitive information in confidence?
  19. How does your principality propose to finance the retention of the Foot Alpiniste within your domestic security services?
  20. Would you accept an undertaking not to re-export Shirerithian produce and manufactured goods to the USSO?
  21. Would you be prepared to surrender your kin as hostages to the Imperial Republic as collateral for any such undertaking?
  22. Who is the owner of Vosenuvitia District News?
  23. How did you arrive at the abbreviation 'TRY' from 'Treisenberg'?
  24. What arrangements do the United Principalities have for visa arrangements concerning business travellers?
  25. Where are the most favourable beaches in Vosenuvitia?
  26. What is the distance and direction from those beaches to the provincial seat of government in Vosenuvitia?
  27. What fortifications and other tourist attractions can be observed along this route?
  28. How many men between the ages of 16 and 35 live in Vosenuvitia?
  29. How many women between the ages of 16 and 25 live in Vosenuvitia?
  30. How would you assess the general and genetic health of your population?
  31. What is the fertility rate in Vosenuvitia?
  32. What are the most prevalent diseases and maladies in your Principality?
I can also advise that the Vosenuvitia District News Service will not be welcome in the Imperial Republic. Furthermore, if the general tone of Vosenuvitian gives us cause for concern then this exchange of correspondence will be suspended whilst clarification from the Grand Prince is sought.

Please be assured of our highest considerations as we keenly await your reply.

Given this day at Raynor's Keep, 2.IV.1652.

- L. DRAVOT

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Rt. Hon. Steward Dravot,

Those are indeed more questions than expected. Trade questions we will try to answer soon. As for non-trade questions, acting VSF Commander tells me we should consult with HRH Valian before formulating responses.
Furthermore, if the general tone of Vosenuvitian gives us cause for concern then this exchange of correspondence will be suspended whilst clarification from the Grand Prince is sought.
Editor-in-Chief Wil has told me that future articles will be screened to ensure that they will not impede the proper modulation of your masses' sentiments.

Signed,

T E'nothwocep

This and all future messages to Shireroth from T E'nothwocep delivered by 3rd party courier service.
Last edited by Yulodion E'nothwocep on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Rt. Hon. Steward Dravot,

I here attach a selection of responses to questions.

Could you furnish us with a copy of the instrument or letters patent by which you gained office and joined the Council of the Grand Prince of Treisenberg?

A. The instrument was in the form of a private agreement. For further confirmation, you will have to contact HRH Valian. However HRH Valian is presently away attending royal business and not immediately available for contact.

Is the Council of the Grand Prince of Treisenberg the same entity as the Council of Princes?

A. Nay.

Do you negotiate for the United Principalities in particular or for the Principality of Vosenuvitia?

A. Vosenuvitia, and we refer to it as a "district".

Do you negotiate for your government or for private and commercial interests?

A. The former, although we may hope for the latter to benefit.

Do you have a mandate from the Grand Prince to conduct negotiations?

A. HRH made a private request to me to "draft stories" to develop Vosenuvitia in order to further his objectives for the area.

What is the present territorial condition of Vosenuvitia. Is it an incorporated or unincorporated part of the United Principalities?

A. The area of Vosenuvitia is provided in a graphic in our forums. I am unaware of what "incorporated" or "unincorporated" means.

What is the gross domestic product of the United Principalities overall and for your principality in particular?

A. For the U.P. I refer you to HRH government. For Vosenuvitia it is approximately 3.24 billion vosenudracs (a local traditional currency).

What resources fall within the territory under the present control of the United Principalities?

A. I refer you to HRH government.

What resources can Vosenuvitia presently access and offer for trade?

A. Gold, silver, lead, copper, timber, cattle, fish, oil, gas.

What goods and services can the United Principalities provide?

What goods and services can Vosenuvitia provide?

A. Light manufactured goods such as textiles and batteries. Tourism and hospitality services including beaches and ski resorts.

What currency does the United Principalities use in the absence of its own?

What is the United Principalities' policy on Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax?

A. I refer you to HRH government for U.P. policies. For Vosenuvitia we have high taxes on companies due to the influence of labour unions among our workforce, and also our security needs.

What is the present regime on tariffs for imports and exports?

A. I refer you to HRH government for U.P. imports and exports. For Vosenuvitia we have no tariffs on either imports or exports.

What is the status of Contract Law in the United Principalities?

Would letters of credit issued by Shirerithian public bodies and corporations be recognised and honoured?

A. Vosenuvitia will evaluate each letter of credit on a case by case basis.

What mechanisms for arbitration exist within the United Principalities?

What safeguards can the United Principalities provide concerning the retention of commercially sensitive information in confidence?

How does your principality propose to finance the retention of the Foot Alpiniste within your domestic security services?

A. Our taxes are somewhat higher than other areas partly in order to finance our security needs.

Would you accept an undertaking not to re-export Shirerithian produce and manufactured goods to the USSO?

Would you be prepared to surrender your kin as hostages to the Imperial Republic as collateral for any such undertaking?

A. Nay.

Who is the owner of Vosenuvitia District News?

A. It is a state operated entity.

How did you arrive at the abbreviation 'TRY' from 'Treisenberg'?

A. It is a phonetic representation of the first syllable. It also has hopeful connotations that inspire.

What arrangements do the United Principalities have for visa arrangements concerning business travellers?

Where are the most favourable beaches in Vosenuvitia?

A. Those on the east. Those in the central lake district have been sacrificed to years of industrial and agricultural use so pristine beaches are rare in that area.

What is the distance and direction from those beaches to the provincial seat of government in Vosenuvitia?

A. Sorry, I have been advised to tell you that is restricted information.

What fortifications and other tourist attractions can be observed along this route?

A. Sorry, our tourism office is understaffed at this time and unable to provide this information.

How many men between the ages of 16 and 35 live in Vosenuvitia?

How many women between the ages of 16 and 25 live in Vosenuvitia?

How would you assess the general and genetic health of your population?

A. Average, and improving as we become more industrialized due to the brilliant leadership of HRH Valian.

What is the fertility rate in Vosenuvitia?

A. Steady at about 1% increase a year.

What are the most prevalent diseases and maladies in your Principality?

Signed,

T E'nothwocep

Message delivered by courier.
Last edited by Yulodion E'nothwocep on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

As Grand Prince I authorize Thulodion permission to negotiate trade agreements between Vosenuvitia and other nations. The principalities (or whatever internal style they choose) are given the right to pursue trade economics abroad; providing of course they do not relate to matters of defense or national sovereignty (e.g. no land trading). As this seems purely economical in scope, I have no objection.

Return to “Office of Bounties and Factorage”