Landing of Bialenian Spaceship

Moderators: (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Steward

CGMichalski

Landing of Bialenian Spaceship

Post by CGMichalski »

EXPLORER-2
BIALENIAN SPACESHIP
UNKNOWN DETAILS

Dear inhabitants of this planet! We come in peace!

I'm margrave Constantine George Michalski, bialenian astronaut from Pollin (planet of polish micronations). I'm on the mission to explore Micra. We want to know more about Bastion Union (On the Pollin, it is an utopia!) and Imperial Republic of Shireroth. We explore universe in the Bialenian Space Program. My mission is called "Explorer-2" (in Polish, "Eksplorator-2"). Republic of Bialenia, my homeland is largest republic on the Pollin, we are in conflict with monarchists-fascists from Duchy of Sarmacja, one of the largest micronations on the Pollin.

So I impact bialenian flag into the ground and i'm encompass piece of this planet (one square meter) to research.

So, can you tell me something about your country and Bastion Union? For example, how many citizens do you have?

If you want to more about my voyage, click here: LINK.

Post Scriptum Sorry for my english. It isn't my native language. :)
Last edited by CGMichalski on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seoni Milharna
It has always been x, and there is no need to change that.

Re: Landing of Bialenian Spaceship

Post by Seoni Milharna »

Hi! :D
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Post by Stellus Yastreb »

Welcome to Shireroth! (which in Polish, I'm guessing, is something like "Szirotwa")
CGMichalski wrote:we are in conflict with monarchists-fascists from Duchy of Sarmacja, one of the largest micronations on the Pollin.
Aww, but I always liked the Sarmatians :( even though I can't understand the language.
CGMichalski wrote:So, can you tell me something about your country and Bastion Union? For example, how many citizens do you have?
Many, but almost none of them are active (especially this year). Bastion is basically a forum space we share with many small, mostly short-lived nations. I hope that helps.
Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb
- Count of Lunaris in the Duchy of Goldshire
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

CGMichalski

Post by CGMichalski »

Stellus Yastreb wrote:Welcome to Shireroth! (which in Polish, I'm guessing, is something like "Szirotwa")
I think it is something like "Szajerof". :D
Many, but almost none of them are active (especially this year). Bastion is basically a forum space we share with many small, mostly short-lived nations. I hope that helps.
We always think that English micronations are always big and all of the cities are active. ;) It helps, it helps.

Kaiser Sehml

Post by Kaiser Sehml »

Welcome to Shireroth, Margrave Michalski! My name is Sehml, I'm the current kaiser of the Imperial Republic. I'm very pleased that you chose Shireroth to make your first landfall and I hope you enjoy conducting your research here. Shireroth is the oldest and largest nation on Micras so I believe we can represent a "typical Micras nation." Stellus Yastreb has answered your initial questions very well, so I won't repeat myself, but I'd be happy to answer additional questions and I hope you're willing to answer our questions about Bialenia and Pollin.

I'm very impressed by the details of your mission and the launch of the Explorer-2. Pollin sounds like it has many similarities to Micras, both having a long, rich, and complex geo-political history. I hope we can find projects to work together.
His Niftiness, Sehml
By the Will of the Landsraad, Kaiser of Shireroth,
Lord of the Imperial Dominions,
Prince of Hvalafell

CGMichalski

Post by CGMichalski »

Thank you very much for good welcome.

If you want "more", see this. It's our army. ;)

I have got two questions.

1. Is Bastion Union a good idea? We are talking about it . You know, on the Pollin, it's an utopia.
2. Do you have something like church in micronations? We have "Państwo Kościelne Rotria" - that micronation imitate Catholic Church :Jadie: from XVI century. (I hate them. :D)

Have you got any questions to me? ;)

Seoni Milharna
It has always been x, and there is no need to change that.

Post by Seoni Milharna »

There is a Catholic church in Alexandria, I believe. Most nations on Micras have their own religions, whether it be Cedrism/B0O0/\/\ism in Shireroth, the Dozan Bovic Church in Natopia, the Sevenfold Path in Safiria, etc.
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

We make up religions as we please... and then fight over it as entertainment. Hello, I'm Ryker J. Everstone, Minister of the Exterior to this Imperial Republic among other things. The Bastion Union is great for trying new things and keeping some degree of international communications up and running between a few micronations.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Kaiser Sehml

Post by Kaiser Sehml »

The Bialenian military is very impressive! Bialenia seems to be at a near-future level of development. How technologically advanced are other nations on Pollin? Do humans mainly inhabit Pollin or do elves, demi-gods, or other superhuman beings live there too?

How standardized are the nations of Pollin? Do you all use the same calendar? The nations of Micras have all adopted their own method of counting the months and years.

You mention that Pollin is a utopia. In English this word usually means that there is no conflict, disease, poverty, or war. However you mention that Bialenia is in a conflict against Sarmacja. In what ways is Pollin a utopia? Does Pollin have a world government, something like the United Nations? Micras has never had a world government last longer than a few months.

I believe the Bastion Union is on the whole a good idea. It has provided a stable infrastructure for Shireroth for several years now. However, there have also been many nations that were also hosted on Bastion that no longer exist. Although at one time the Bastion Union hosted a sizeable portion of active Micras nations, it no longer has that distinction. Other nations have existed and prospered on their own forums for the entirety of their history and thrive to this day, so Bastion Union's model is by no means perfect and doesn't suit every nation's needs.
His Niftiness, Sehml
By the Will of the Landsraad, Kaiser of Shireroth,
Lord of the Imperial Dominions,
Prince of Hvalafell

CGMichalski

Post by CGMichalski »

Kaiser Sehml wrote:The Bialenian military is very impressive! Bialenia seems to be at a near-future level of development. How technologically advanced are other nations on Pollin? Do humans mainly inhabit Pollin or do elves, demi-gods, or other superhuman beings live there too?

How standardized are the nations of Pollin? Do you all use the same calendar? The nations of Micras have all adopted their own method of counting the months and years.

You mention that Pollin is a utopia. In English this word usually means that there is no conflict, disease, poverty, or war. However you mention that Bialenia is in a conflict against Sarmacja. In what ways is Pollin a utopia? Does Pollin have a world government, something like the United Nations? Micras has never had a world government last longer than a few months.

I believe the Bastion Union is on the whole a good idea. It has provided a stable infrastructure for Shireroth for several years now. However, there have also been many nations that were also hosted on Bastion that no longer exist. Although at one time the Bastion Union hosted a sizeable portion of active Micras nations, it no longer has that distinction. Other nations have existed and prospered on their own forums for the entirety of their history and thrive to this day, so Bastion Union's model is by no means perfect and doesn't suit every nation's needs.
Many nations on the Pollin have got near-future technologies, for example: duchy of Sarmacja, kingdom of Dreamland (the oldest micronation), Federation of Al Rajn (the largest), kingdom of Surmenia, etc. But, some micronations, like Rotria, kingdom of Aguria and Republic of La Palma are in early XX century. I think only humans live on Pollin, but in ZSKHiW, there're "curdupels", something like trolls, but they must drink vodka.

Yes, i think all of the Pollin nations use the same calendar, but La Palma and Aguria use own, for example, now, in La Palma, there's 1 october, 1953.

Pollin was utopia four-five years ago. There was OPM - something like UN. We didn't have so much trolling, like now. Kingdom of Dreamland and duchy of Sarmacja had about 100 citizens. Now, Dreamland hasn't got parliament and government, Sarmacja is in crisis. Our conflict with Sarmacja is diplomatic, not military. This conflict exists beacuse we occupy Valhalla - they think Valhalla is their territorry, but it isn't.

We have got three groups of micronations. First - normal micronations. Second - yoyonations, yoyonations are micronations, but on bad hosting and they have some trolls. Third - "kompnacje" - computernations are the worst type. Only trolls establish this type of micronations.

Many people want to create Bastion Union on Pollin, for example - Pavel Abramovi'c, who lives on the Micra. All of them fall. On Pollin, we have group who call themselves internationalists. They want to create something like Bastion Union, but with small, central goverment. Something like world goverment.

pawelabrams

Post by pawelabrams »

(Meanwhile, somewhere over Cosimo Sea)

- We have a reading of Interlandian ship; no ID, just Interlandian protocols... And some Pollin-origin equipment.

- Składak?

- Rather reverse-engineered transponder and stuff.

- K, let's head there.

- We'll be entering Shirerithian airspace...

- It's a diplomatic visit.
Pavel' Abramovic: (vel Abrams)
President of the Republic of Interland

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Welcome! I will try to answer any questions you have. Something I would like to tell you about Shireroth is that we are a patchwork quilt: like this picture. Shireroth is made up of many smaller parts, states, duchies, baronies, counties, cities all with their own history, culture and people.

I think the main benefit of the Bastion Union is that it encourages members of larger micronations to start and participate in smaller side-projects which grow and die over time. For a long time there has been one predominant nation on Bastion, which is Shireroth, but formerly there were a number of larger nations.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Two predominant nations really. I'd Say Stormark is definitely on our level.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Nathaniel
Vagrant who is the owner of two celeriacs

Post by Nathaniel »

Stormark isn't on Bastion though....
Nathaniel
NATHANIEL ANDRE UTAS AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED BIN SATHRATI OF WAFFEL-PAINE
[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Imperial Prince of Shireroth