[Batavian State Visit] King's Speech

All passed laws, treaties, resolutions, and archived records of the Frenzy.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Speaker of the Frenzy

Nathan II

[Batavian State Visit] King's Speech

Post by Nathan II »

Eiiard Darkroot wrote:Representative Eiiard Darkroot, of Ziegeland, is honored to invite as a distinguished guest, His Majesty Arkadius IV, the King of Batavia, to address the Frenzy.
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Re: [Batavian State Visit] King's Speech

Post by Hendrik des Vinandy »

*The standing ovation upon entering Arkadius was overwhelming. The members of the Frenzy all wanted to shake hands with him. But especially the arrival of Clara made the members cheer. Arkadius shook hands with the chairman and prime minister, after which he stood at the pulpit.*

Right Honourable Members of The Frenzy,

It’s a privilege to address you here, at the heart of Natopian democracy. You represent the Natopian people in all their diversity. It is here that the interests and concerns, but also the hopes and expectations of millions of Natopian people come together. I can think of no better place to express the affection that the Batavians feel for the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation.

As you may know, the treaty between our nations has led to much debate in the Batavian Lagerhuis. The treaty became a pivotal point in the question to what extent Batavia must maintain neutrality and maintain diplomatic relations. When the signatures will be put under this treaty, that discussion will not end. The Batavian sovereignty must not become a pawn in the geopolitical game of other nations. Therein lies the admiration for Natopia, because although a relationship has grown in a short time, Natopia treats us as a full partner.

This was expressed strongly when your emperor, though unilaterally, proclaimed peace over the formal state of war with counterparty in the War of Lost Brothers. Although this proclamation has not been warmly received on that side, it is a sign of Natopia's willingness to build a coalition of peace.

Today we are dealing with the disintegration of Shireroth. Shireroth is traditionally a friend of Batavia, a stable factor on the Benacian continent. That has changed. Both Batavia and Natopia have lost a dear friend in Shireroth. What remains is a patchwork of successor states. Although I have been invited here as a Batavian king, I express the hope that the Kingdom of Amokolia and Bovic Kingdom of Drak-Modan will find each other in friendly relationships.

Finally, I would like to express a word of thanks through you, Right Honourable Members of The Frenzy, to the people of Natopia, that you gave to Batavia and to me personally the greatest gift you had given, namely an honourable and beautiful woman, a true queen and powerful wife. You gave a clear future to my country and to me personally in Clara.
Hendrik Leopold des Vinandy, Koning van Batavië, Prins van Vinandy, Aartshertog van 's Koningenwaarde, Hertog van Gasconje, Graaf van Bourbon, Graaf van Dasburgh, Graaf van Girond, Graaf van Maconvale, Baron van Ammerswoude en bij de Loet, Baron van Bergkirche, Baron van Heydelberg, Heer van Audinghen, Heer van Paravel

Llyr Angus-Moonoak

Re: [Batavian State Visit] King's Speech

Post by Llyr Angus-Moonoak »

*applauses*

Return to “Library of Law”