Meekras (Mirror Micras)

Chatting between citizens of Toketi and other nations on this forum.
Andreas the Wise

Meekras (Mirror Micras)

Post by Andreas the Wise »

http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 426&t=2421

What if Micras had split off just before we came along, and the GC had survived? What would happen to Gralan development? Would Gralus even develop? What would our history have been like without Andreas the Wise, Liam conToketi, Bayen Praygulin, King Lachlan? Would the Toketoshalsk Empire (sorry for spelling) have prospered? Would Gralus have even formed an Empire? Would the Confederacy have survived? Would Novatainia and Toketi even be friends?

I'm keen to play in the mirror universe a bit, particularly as we can mess with politics and invade people and it's all swell. But I'm very interested at your thoughts of what would have happened. (That, and it would be nasty of me to just say 'this has happened' without consulting any of you, in case you guys want to jump in).

For connections with our IC history, the little kingdoms you see on this map where Novatainia now is all got conquered by Prince Nova within the next century or so and the Kingdom of Novatainia formed out of that. I think Lachlan dated it around 400 AD, if that helps. I don't know if Liam ever worked this period into Tokish history. This is well into the Third Age, so anything to do with Etruri/Demons has still happened, which means Nargoth and Sirith would be around in this universe.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Andreas the Wise

Re: Meekras (Mirror Micras)

If nobody else has a preference (/nobody else is around to mind), I'm thinking we'll go with the following basic plan:
We’re still the Confederation of Gralus, a somewhat uneasy super-alliance between Novatainia and Toketi. In both nations the monarchy is strong and democracy in Novatainia is in name only. Stardock remains the only Magical Academy in the world, and Novatainia is constantly suspicious of their magical neighbours. The main factor keeping the two together is their mutual hatred of Lovely, who have perpetrated various attacks against the pair in various border conflicts. We probably occupy the land on the 7.0.6 map not taken by Lovely or Shireroth in the south, though some of Lac Glacei remains (Ryan wanted it). VBNC is also a megalithic corporation strong in both countries and, some say, running Novatainia.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Kallinn Ynnetrrr

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

Actually, you did spell Toketoshalsk correctly.

I did create a pre-MDT history, but I'm not entirely sure where it is, and I can't really remember any it, save for some of the parts close to the founding of Toketi. In a mirror universe (man, I'm starting to feel like Marvel here), without Liam conToketi, Toketi would probably still be ruled out of Roldar by the descendents of Kannar the Dark Ascendant, since the Republic Revolution that overthrew him, led by Liam, wouldn't have formed in Rielrar. At the time, Roldar was a very large metropolis, having been a political and economic center for many years, but it was razed by the revolution army, and while it still remained a rather large city, it still hasn't reached its former expanse.

Therefore, mirror-world Toketi wouldn't be a benevolent state. It's actually likely to quite aggressive, and attacks on its borders are responded to with heavy force, but invasion would be deterred by insufficient resources to organize such a prolonged offensive alone. Domestically, Toketi would probably still be technologically up-to-date, and actually pretty magically liberal. Standard of living is still pretty high, and business thrives, even though taxes on income are very high (I'm still very unsure whether VBNC would actually have gotten very much of a foothold in this Toketi). It could be considered almost a welfare state, if such welfare were universal and equal. The government, in times of economic stress or in cases of criminals and sometimes in order to fund the military or fund the King's grand construction projects, will often cut social services, usually at the expense of the lower income brackets.

King Kannar's descendents are likely to be as aggressive, but do continue many of his policies, like high taxation, glorification projets, mandatory military service, no death penalty but very poor prison conditions, and magical-technical-cross research.

I make this hypothetical description as the originator of Toketi, but people are free to contend with me on it.

Nargoth

Post by Nargoth »

well now this looks fun. Big thing for me is that I would likely have continued to be a warlord. Considering it was becoming an apprentice under Andreas that brought me out of that profession.
Last Lord of Magic

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Perhaps I could play...
EVIL GERK!!!
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Andreas the Wise

Unfortunately no other nations have done anything on this for the last month; but still, interesting to think about.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Carl Jackson

Post by Carl Jackson »

I'm thinking of how Safiria would get in this, and drawing blanks. :/

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

It seems like one of those nice concepts, like all the recwar systems, that would be grand if it had like 20 players. But we're all lazy blokes so that's pretty unlikely.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I still wanna do Meekras and its been in the back of my mind this whole time. I'm thinking it will probably be best as a "slow burn" project. :-)
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Nargoth

Post by Nargoth »

Andreas the Wise wrote:Unfortunately no other nations have done anything on this for the last month; but still, interesting to think about.
And since when have any Gralan's other than you and Corey cared about what other nations are up to?

(No offense meant to all the new friends who are about)
Last Lord of Magic

Andreas the Wise

I just meant, nobody else is getting involved with it. :p
Q - Director of SAMIN

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

The difficulty I have is that a mirror Babkha would have to be nice. No salt-mines, no slavery, no thought-police, no abasement before a cruel indifferent god and the capricious heavily medicated tyrant who is his vicegerent in the mortal realm, no system of government dedicated to erasing all traces of humanity from the human condition - just niceness. You see the problem there. =p

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Why would it need to be nice? It could easily still be rotten, just rotten in a different way.

Kaiser Reynardine II

Post by Kaiser Reynardine II »

Nargoth wrote:And since when have any Gralan's other than you and Corey cared about what other nations are up to?
To be fair, outside of Gralus and Shireroth, I don't really care myself :P
AKA Kallinn Ynnetrrr
ALSO Kalasien Baarrnan/Liam ronToketi

Return to “Chat”