Gralan Criminal Classification Act

List of Current Laws

Moderators: (Gralus) Gralan Emperor, (Gralus) Chief Justice

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Each Imperial criminal law, when it establishes a crime, shall classify the stated crime under one of the following categories:
Capital Felony
Class-A Felony
Class-B Felony
Class-A Misdemeanor
Class-B Misdemeanor
Criminal Infraction

The classification of the crime shall be used to determine the punishment after the accused is found guilty in Imperial Court. The possible punishments range as follows:
Capital Felony – Life in prison AND a fine ranging from 1000-10000 GELT AND the possible loss of one or more specific rights
Class-A Felony – 25 years-life in prison AND a fine ranging from 500-2000 GELT AND the possible loss of one or more specific rights
Class-B Felony – 2-25 years in prison AND a fine ranging from 100-1000 GELT AND the possible loss of one or more specific rights
Class-A Misdemeanor – up to 2 years in prison AND a fine ranging from 50-500 GELT, with possible Court Order for community service or reparations
Class-B Misdemeanor – up to 6 months in prison AND a fine ranging from 10-200 GELT, with possible Court Order for community service or reparations
Criminal Infraction – up to a week in prison AND a fine ranging from 10-50 GELT, with possible Court Order for community service or reparations

All Felonies and Misdemeanors shall be noted on the perpetrator’s criminal record. Criminal Infractions do not appear on criminal records unless there are two or more repeat offenses.

Fines shall be collected by the Imperial Court. 40% of the collected fine shall go to the victim(s) of the crime, if applicable, for reparations, and the remainder shall go to the Imperial Treasury. Victim(s) of a crime may still file a Civil suit against the criminal(s) for reparations after receiving a fine.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Return to “Current Laws”