Contract Law

List of Current Laws

Moderators: (Gralus) Gralan Emperor, (Gralus) Chief Justice

Gerk

Contract Law

Post by Gerk »

Scope:
I.The scope of this law shall extend to all sub-divisions, provinces, colonies and protectorates within The Gralan Empire.
II.A contract shall be defined as any document which legally binds two or more parties to any stipulations, terms of agreement, terms of service or any other legally valid conditions under Gralan law.
III.A contract is not legally valid beyond the borders of the Gralan Empire and cannot include a non-Gralan entity as a party without prior approval of both the Emperor of Gralus and the Lord General of Gralus.
IV.A contract is not legally valid if any of its conditions, agreements or stipulations are illegal under Gralan law.
V.All signatories of the contract will be bound to the contract until it has expired or has been nullified.

Imperial Recognition:
I.The process of the recognition and notarization of a contract shall include the contract being approved and recognized by the Chief Justice of Gralus and then approval by the regional leader in which the party submitting the contract resides, if applicable.
II.Contracts involving the Imperial government as one party shall be approved by the Emperor of Gralus first, and then the Chief Justice of Gralus.
III.Contracts which are not approved shall not be considered valid until they are approved by the necessary parties listed.
IV.The rejection of a contract may be appealed to the Chief Justice and/or the Emperor of Gralus to have the contract approved.
V.A contract may not bind any party which has not signed the contract.

Breach of Contract:
I.Any breach of the stipulations, agreements or conditions within a valid contract between two or more non-Imperial Government parties shall be subject to termination of the contract at any party's discretion and/or investigated by the Imperial Police for the purposes of upholding Gralan law.
II.The offending party may appeal to the Chief Justice to have the contract re-instated or nullified if that party feels the nature of the contract is or has become unusual, unreasonable, or cruel.

Dynamics of Law & Exception:
I.Contracts which include stipulations, conditions, agreements or terms which were legal upon signing the contract but have become illegal since then, may be given an exception by the Chief Justice if appealed. All parties have no more than 10 days to submit the contract for exception from the date of any of its contents becoming illegal under Gralan law.
II.No contract may bind any signatory party for an indefinite period to provide proper review of its validity, purpose and scope. The absolute maximum any contract can bind its signatory parties is no more than 6 months.
III.No contract whose stipulations, conditions, agreements or terms violate more than two laws which were not in effect at the time of signing may be granted an exception.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Return to “Current Laws”