So ...

A special meeting room in the Spire where leading citizens meet to discuss matters relating to the nation.

Moderators: (Gralus) Gralan Emperor, (Gralus) Lord General, (Gralus) Chief Justice

Andreas the Wise

So ...

Post by Andreas the Wise »

If we're looking to kick start things again, might be worthwhile to think about how the nation's going IC at the moment. I have this neat explanation for Gralus and Nelaga going inactive for so long (big Micron plot) that I'm eventually going to finish writing my story on sometime soon and release, but that involves lots of Istvanistan, and since we dropped that, why not say that now IC is just after those events. You can refer to them as the Chronoclasm, though probably most ordinary people wouldn't know/remember too much of what went on - the end result would be no Istvanistan, a government functioning again, and a whole bunch of high-ranking Microns in government being fired. I also think it would be cool to go back to the dangerous fairy-tale feel again, where things are not all explored and conquered and peaceful, but where dangerous beasts might yet lurk in the forests, and evil wizards might set up towers and hold whole towns under their sway. By the start of the Gralan Empire all of that sort of stuff would have been sorted, but in the years of Emperors and Empress staying hidden in Shelsa, military spending going down etc, I'm guessing the provinces aren't as defended. And the Chronoclasm sounds like a good excuse for timelines to have got displaced and ancient beasts/wizards to have been brought to our time, and nobody bothered to clean them up yet.

Generally though, I'm expecting magic is mainstream but weak. See here for stats on magic levels among the population. In Toketi, it's probably become part of the school curriculum, for those with magic, though in Novatainia there's still the whole mage license thing, so it would be a lot more like driving tests and private classes. Low level magical solutions for various mundane problems, like rewiring your house, moving heavy objects, meals that cook themselves etc., are probably available to purchase from various magical firms, like Simon's Spell Solutions. Even VBNC is starting to break into the market. Sure, there a still some very powerful mages, probably mostly snapped up by various militaries, but comparative the rest of magic users, they're much more rare now.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Intire conSidel

Re: So ...

Post by Intire conSidel »

What is the process for registering as a Mage and gaining official magical ability?

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

I'm going to try to continue the magic crisis plot, but this Aerospace curriculum is really heavy, so we'll see about that. I just don't want to let it go, because it's such an awesome idea. We can set the IC to be post all that, with things having returned to normal, as I had planned. I dunno.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Andreas the Wise

Oh yes, please do that. I'm quite excited for that, and yeah, it's easier if that happens after my Chronoclasm stuff as it means I can write that myself without having to complicate the storyline too much. It's going to be wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey enough as it is.

Intire, IC it would be rather like getting a driver's license - you'd need to apply at the local DAM office and do a test. Remind me in a day or two (I have been procrastinating too much and have work piling up just at the moment) and I'll put something together about it.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Nargoth

Post by Nargoth »

I wouldn't mind getting back into things. But I'm completely out of the loop on anything that's been going on. Which is bad if I then want to play Nargoth or run the CAA.
Last Lord of Magic

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Except nothing's been going on. Things kinda stopped happening after Gerk died and Analis was introduced.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

Nargoth

Post by Nargoth »

Cool. So are we planning to time gap or just pick up where we left off?

I know Greg had been up to something with the stuff, which was sort of time based.
Last Lord of Magic

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

I think the time gap is somewhere in the vicinity of five years or something. I'm working it into the Consequences storyline now.
~Sherlock Holmes

Z-hin'il

Post by Z-hin'il »

Oh gods. Where am I.
The Z.

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

woah, isn't it like, 2 AM over where you're at?
~Sherlock Holmes

Z-hin'il

Post by Z-hin'il »

Almost. It's just about one thirty in the morning here. No classes this week though, some sort of Danish Holiday involving potatoes. Everything is on sale!
The Z.

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Yay potatoes!
~Sherlock Holmes

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

Welcome back, Nargoth and Z'hin-il. Have a comic! =3

Z-hin'il

Post by Z-hin'il »

That comic, has to be the best thing I have ever seen!
The Z.

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

It's an OK comic... but when most non-Nordics' whole view on the Nordic countries, history, culture and people is based on that.... it's like... uh... too many people... guh
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Tarjei Einhornsson

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson »

Elijah Ayreon wrote:It's an OK comic... but when most non-Nordics' whole view on the Nordic countries, history, culture and people is based on that.... it's like... uh... too many people... guh
Yeah, it is silly to say the least. The fact that the creators have deemed it necessary to have the little Norwegian guy holding a fish is.....misleading to say the least :?. Cured fish is certainly a staple but the fact that Norway exports a lot of fish, I think, has lead the world to believe that's all Norwegians eat.

Andreas the Wise

Nargoth wrote:Cool. So are we planning to time gap or just pick up where we left off?

I know Greg had been up to something with the stuff, which was sort of time based.
See my first post in this topic, but yeah, I'm thinking 5ish year time gap of complete disappearance of the Empress, and in that time happened the Chronoclasm (involving micron time plots to take over the world - story I'm going to write up when I get a chance) - end result being that in the outlying regions random ancient evils have appeared - wizards in towers, monsters etc. and the Empress hasn't bothered to clean them up. Basically, Gralus was all explored (because of all our expeditions) and had nothing evil left - this chucks in a bunch of random fairy-taleish badguys around. And since those thoughts are all stuff I posted in this thread, if others don't like them, I'm quite happy for other suggestions
Q - Director of SAMIN

Andreas the Wise

Intire conSidel wrote:What is the process for registering as a Mage and gaining official magical ability?
Here's enough of a process for people to be able to make the rest of the details up when they need to be used IC. I've generally used terms as they would be used in CCM, and thrown in explanations where the term might not be clear. Note that elements are defined broadly, so earth is any metal or rock, water is any liquid, air is any gas etc.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “National Matters Room”