World Expo '11

A special meeting room in the Spire where leading citizens meet to discuss matters relating to the nation.

Moderators: (Gralus) Gralan Emperor, (Gralus) Lord General, (Gralus) Chief Justice

Andreas the Wise

World Expo '11

Post by Andreas the Wise »

We're in. We need a new pavilion which should be more awesome than the previous two years (so a circus tent with coloured flying lights and a giant skyscraper with an infinite number of stories are out). Our tagline is "It's bigger on the inside". Do with that as you will. Volunteer to create a pavilion?

Then we need to do exhibits. See here and here for details. We should try and talk about new stuff, so that means stuff that happened after June '09, but we've rebuilt our magic and recwar systems so often since then we should have no trouble doing that. It would be nice if people other than me made exhibits. Announce which things you want to do and we'll leave it for you. I'll put up subforums shortly.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Gerk

Re: World Expo '11

Post by Gerk »

I'd be more than happy to write up an exhibit for the justice system, seeing as how that is apparently a fairly unique thing, although I didn't know it at the time. Would it be pertinent to advertise it as the first comprehensive justice system in the world of Micras?
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Andreas the Wise

Say "One of the only" - then you're covered for that random nation that died ten years ago but had a good system :p
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

yeah, that's true.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~Sherlock Holmes

The character of Gerk ronAnaglea is dead.
My avatar contains (from left to right) the characters of Analis and Rafel.
Click here for my roleplaying Element List.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

So, I need to 1up Bayen, Andreas and myself...
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Andreas the Wise

So Fides, are you going to do up a pavilion for us? A 3D video pavilion would be a step beyond our previous ones (though I seem to remember one other nation having one at one point, but meh, they are not Gralus and therefore not as awesome, unless they were Nelaga, in which case they are only as awesome as us).
Q - Director of SAMIN

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

It was Nelaga, sorry.

I had a go at one in the Gralun colours... But it looks pretty dumpy. The architecture is interesting, though, it's a bit of an optical illusion...
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Andreas the Wise

Alright, Fides made a very nice pavilion for us ... which I've decided to use for Nelaga, because they don't have one yet. It is big and impressive and dominates the landscape; but the Gralan pavilion motto was "It's bigger on the inside." So I decided to for for something a little smaller. On the outside at least. When I post the pavilion post, you'll be able to click on that image, and you'll go to this page. That's right - we're going to set new levels of awesomeness by making an interactive tour of our pavilion!

At time of posting, that's the only page. But it's made on an extremely simple Tour Maker I created, which means that anyone with an account on the tour maker can add new pages to the tour, and we can then link them together. When each of you registers I'll give you editing permission over the tour so you'll be able to edit other people's pages to put links in etc. I think this is going to be very cool. I'm going to work more tomorrow on putting together some exhibits on the tour, so on Feb 1 it'll be ready to go.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Oh man oh man, I forgot all about Tour Maker!

Andreas the Wise

The intro page now links to two pages - Economy and Recwar. Neither are finished yet, just did the IC intro, but it gives you more of an idea of what to do. My plan is to have an in-tour intro, then between the horizontal lines have the exhibit, and repost the exhibits in the forum itself after a week (so people who don't read the tour can still see them).

Please, go forth and add more exhibits!
Q - Director of SAMIN

Andreas the Wise

Four pages up, and that's enough to start. I'd like to see some on Magic, Roleplaying, Government, the Province, and then side ones on Fated War, Al'Magroth Incident etc. There are now two pages to edit for links - the Intro Page and the Tour Guide page. Just put the same links (phrased as a question) on both pages.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “National Matters Room”