Antican Roundtable 12

The award-winning Antican Round Table.

Moderator: Octavius

Octavius

Re: Antican Roundtable 12

Post by Octavius »

Well, I think it was an eventual conclusion that the problem hasn't necessarily been right or wrong, precluding the need for apologies and such, but frustration as a result of two different perspectives on how to approach recwarring that had been applied here.
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Yes. And one solution I intend to implement henceforth is that any recwar Gralus runs will include a statement of goal at the start, ie what we want to get out of the recwar.

Eg: This is an Illusion War, the results have no bearing on reality, it's purely for fun. The focus is on good tactics and moves rather than on a coherent overall storyline.
or
This is a real war, though we know that the Gralans will win in the end. The focus is on having an epic overall storyline rather than good tactics and moves, though they should play a part. Be aware that if you play the demons, you will eventually 'lose'.

Something like that, but phrased better.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I'm definitely loosing.

Also, I like the idea of limiting magi to one element.
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Bayen

Post by Bayen »

Gerk: As the first person to judge this system ever, I think you're doing pretty well. There hasn't been time to build up a good pool of fair precedents that future judges will have to work with.

Fides: That was one of my thoughts on this system. A "general mage" is allowed, but should nearly always be at a "tactical disadvantage" in straight combat (although they can be useful for other objectives), whereas a specialized battlemage can be used well and get a fair fight.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

To be fair, I've had about 85% effectiveness on all my attacks, but in each case I did give my enemy an advantage I wouldn't have in a real war.
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Missed this. Nice one. :)
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Return to “ART”