A Few People Want to Join

The least private hidden forum that Micras has ever seen. Restricted access to a citizen of any Bastion nation. So that's only, what, 80% of the active microworld these days?
Kaiser Stan I

A Few People Want to Join

Post by Kaiser Stan I »

Two nations have approached me asking about joining BU-

Ocia are interested in the gains they'll get in terms of exposure, Matt tells me they're isolated of late. However he wanted some kind of redirect board set up as a trial period. I told him he was already on the 'Friendly Nations' drop down, and he didn't press joining, but he might change his mind.

Valencia is only recenty reborn and Justin (the Duke of Trevoux, the King of Valencia) has asked me about the possibility of joining. They've got in contact with a few Bastion nations who have their old land. Their current proboards here- http://valencian.proboards.com/index.cgi (you have to register, guy doesn't know the first thing about encouraging visitors! :P )
His Imperial Niftiness Yardistanislaus du Grifos
Kaiser of Shireroth, Count of Mar Sara
Suzerain of Hawshire // Peil̊åkti an Ixraǔtn | Protector of the Safir // Xonuti Shawa 'allumi Sanilla'i'i | King of the Free State of Sanilla

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Re: A Few People Want to Join

Post by Jonas »

Matt wants a redirect or a subforum on the forum?
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Kaiser Stan I

Post by Kaiser Stan I »

I think his position was that he wanted to join but Ocia as a whole was not too sure, and I think myself he's not sure, so he wanted a trial period where Ocia has a redirect. If they noticed more traffic, they would like to join as a subforum. We had this discussion on 29/8. I said to him that there's more to it than traffic, it's about a community etc.
Suzerain of Hawshire // Peil̊åkti an Ixraǔtn | Protector of the Safir // Xonuti Shawa 'allumi Sanilla'i'i | King of the Free State of Sanilla

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Matt wants to raise his profile. I'd prefer he came on board fully but I would accept the redirect notion. No real objection to Valencia either except that it is rather unknown how long that resurrection attempt will last.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

So it would only be a redirect to their forums? But the advantage of being on Bastion is that you don't have to register yourself on another forum... I'm not too happy with placing a redirect.

No protest against Valencia, btw.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

I don't want large main-board-forum level redirects. That's why we have the drop-down menu. If Ocia gets it, we either need to give it to everyone or risk being called biased. But I would support either nation for membership.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I agree with Scott and Jonas, I think a top level redirect defeats the entire point of Bastion and we'd eventually just become a link hub.

I'd also support both to fully move over here though.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Kaiser Stan I

Post by Kaiser Stan I »

I agree with Scott, Jonas, and Nathan.

Return to “Situation Room”