The question of the micronation Safiria

The least private hidden forum that Micras has ever seen. Restricted access to a citizen of any Bastion nation. So that's only, what, 80% of the active microworld these days?
Daniel

Re: The question of the micronation Safiria

Post by Daniel »

Re Safiria I don't think that Safiria has an active second participant yet (that is not CJ or his alter ago, Amane), but re Einhornsland, I believe Ardashir is a second participant.
Ghost of Dâniyal the Dead
Disturb not my sleep!

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Post by ari »

And Malliki seemed to indicate some interest as well.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

So two thoughts.

First of all, although I originally supported Farzan's proposal, I'm not so sure anymore. I always imagined "see if any nations object" as something very simple, like asking the Kaiser and the Shah and such. But if every nation is going to have to hold a vote to see if they object, and then if someone does they're going to have to hold another vote afterwards in favor of or against admission, then we might as well cut out the first vote and just have everyone vote on all admissions.

Second of all, would there be any interest in a forum category "Small Nations That Might Not Otherwise Earn Admission", where each small nation gets a subforum instead of a link from the full board? And then we could just stick Safiria there?

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

I was just about to suggest some sort of Associate Membership status. Not full members, but hosted on the Bastion forums.
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Call it 'candidate members' perhaps. Politburo phrases just never get enough air time these days.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Daniel wrote:Re Safiria I don't think that Safiria has an active second participant yet (that is not CJ or his alter ago, Amane), but re Einhornsland, I believe Ardashir is a second participant.
ari wrote:And Malliki seemed to indicate some interest as well.
Hearing it firsthand would be sufficient for me.

Kaiser Reynardine II

Post by Kaiser Reynardine II »

Micro-micronations.

Micro²nations?
AKA Kallinn Ynnetrrr
ALSO Kalasien Baarrnan/Liam ronToketi

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Micro² would do nicely =p

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Scott Alexander wrote:So two thoughts.

First of all, although I originally supported Farzan's proposal, I'm not so sure anymore. I always imagined "see if any nations object" as something very simple, like asking the Kaiser and the Shah and such. But if every nation is going to have to hold a vote to see if they object, and then if someone does they're going to have to hold another vote afterwards in favor of or against admission, then we might as well cut out the first vote and just have everyone vote on all admissions.

Second of all, would there be any interest in a forum category "Small Nations That Might Not Otherwise Earn Admission", where each small nation gets a subforum instead of a link from the full board? And then we could just stick Safiria there?
Re the first, I imagined it as someone posting a topic (like this one) "Do we let this nation in", and if within a week nobody had objected (or everyone says "we're in favour") it happens; and if people object, then going to a national vote. But different people have different ideas. Maybe this time we should get something down in writing we all agree on and post it for future reference?

Re the second - that sounds fine to me.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

I'm interested, as long as I can murder people.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Carl Jackson

Post by Carl Jackson »

I'm fine with having a separate category or forum for associate members of the Union, and am also fine with Safiria being placed there.

Carl Jackson

Post by Carl Jackson »

Furthermore, we're no longer a one-man micronation (Vé is a non-MNal friend of mine; Malia is Artz, and has promised to write some cultural stuff tomorrow; Marcus is currently busy with exams).

Carl Jackson

Post by Carl Jackson »

On the question of Safiria, Shireroth votes AYE.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Mr Miller,

It is encouraging to see Safiria growing, but in the chat, just five minutes ago, you said you'd fold Safiria under Shirerithian hegemony if you becamekaiser. It is encouraging to see such patriotism from you to Shireroth, but what kind of commitment is that to the new citizens of Safiria?
Disturb not my sleep!

Carl Jackson

Post by Carl Jackson »

Agha Emir Sahib,

I will admit that I have no qualms bringing Safiria into Shireroth were I to assume the Kaisership, but even I must admit that it is quite farfetched that I shall assume it once more in the near future.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Natopia votes against Safirian membership. Our primary concern is not with Safiria (formerly) being a one-person nation, but with the mercurial nature of it's sovereign status.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Following a vote the Senate, I vote, on behalf of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu, against full Safirian admission. The vote in the Senate, while being advisory and non-binding, is respected by the Court of the Prince. Accordingly, Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu rejects full membership of Safiria on Bastion, but remains supportive of Safiria being hosted by any willing Bastion member.
Disturb not my sleep!

Andreas the Wise

Gralus would be in favour of Safiria getting some sort of associate membership status, which entailed hosting but not any say as a nation in the running of Bastion - rather like the case the Yaks are in now, or Archipelago.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Shireroth supports Safirian membership, but looks favorably on the Gralian suggestion.
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Andreas the Wise

*Gralan. I know, it confuses everyone, but that's how it's spelt.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Situation Room”