Microwiki thread: Application

The least private hidden forum that Micras has ever seen. Restricted access to a citizen of any Bastion nation. So that's only, what, 80% of the active microworld these days?
Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Re: Agreed Standards

Post by Harvey »

On the other hand, if Bastion as a whole wanted an ambassador, all we need is a vague consensus.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Hmmm... Bastion having ambassadors...
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

As I said, if each nation appoints the same person, we would be fine.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Kaiser Magni I

Post by Kaiser Magni I »

I hope I'm not the only one seeing this as a failure of the vision of Bastion.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

It's a speedbump in maintaining the vision of Bastion, no more. The idea that a large number of people will always agree is nonsense. It takes people willing to actively smooth things over. We'll be fine.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

The Vision of Bastion is an idealism. We're obviously still in the process of trying to figure out how to apply the Vision.
Аїомидє Оћтавион
Hesam wrote:Trains are very efficient at making long lines of people dead, and I suppose they could also be used for transportation or something.

Kaiser Magni I

Post by Kaiser Magni I »

We'll be fine like we were fine before the Elwynn rebellion. We will be out-voiced by the vulgar and disrespectful. We don't need to agree, we need a standard of decency, without which we'll find ourselves drowning in yet another schism before too long. The abhorrent statements made about the wiki nations crowd is completely out of line, and we shouldn't have to appoint someone to go apologize for people who aren't sorry in the slightest. The problem isn't misunderstanding, it's assholes who think it's alright to run about shooting their mouths off making everyone look bad, and I won't stand for it.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

All right. I'd be delighted to hear your idea for a practical solution.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

So don't stand for it then. I also take no responsibility for people interpreting my words as representing anyone but myself. I don't say I represent Bastion, or Antica, or Babkha. I represent me, and if someone doesn't understand that, well, fuck them.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Kaiser Magni I

Post by Kaiser Magni I »

We make reasonable standards like originally proposed and hold people to them. Remember how popular that idea was before we decided to screw ourselves and let in Antica and Babkha, who you told us to trust to be reasonable and dedicated to a more peaceful environment but some members of which have obviously done the opposite?

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Again, I represent myself, not Antica or Babkha. I was personally attacked, I defended myself. I express my views on the wikinations. I call Scott for making personal attacks while criticising personal attacks.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

I guess the idea of relying on people's personal restraint is not going to cut it? We're going to continue to go ahead with a list of unacceptable behaviour points?

Kaiser Magni I

Post by Kaiser Magni I »

In Scott's defense, there's a differences between "you're making this this a hostile environment by making vulgar, offensive remarks" and "fuck you, trash"

And I don't care who you "represent", you're still making all of us look bad, and I'm not apologizing for your poor judgement.

And apparently several people have no personal restraint, that's the entire reason this discussion is happening. If everyone had personal restraint, none of this would matter.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

How many pages are we going to generate in response to a couple of people expressing dissatisfaction at the fact that people in another sector don't see us as legitimate micronations?
Аїомидє Оћтавион

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Hey Chrim, I just got back from walking all the way to the top of this thing. Guess what? It turns out that its a mole-hill!

Kaiser Magni I

Post by Kaiser Magni I »

Octavius wrote:How many pages are we going to generate in response to a couple of people expressing dissatisfaction at the fact that people in another sector don't see us as legitimate micronations?
Why can't anyone say, "I don't care"? Why does everyone shout obscenities then say, "we're being misunderstood"? Sorry, I don't care who they think you represent, but it reflects badly on all of us, be a man and take responsibility for your actions and start thinking about consequences before you post unconstructive, pointless insults.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

See? Now we're talking. No more whining. Tell people to shut it.
Not being sarcastic
Аїомидє Оћтавион

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

So, why can't the people that don't care continue to not care, and the people that do decide amongst themselves how we're going to respond?

Kaiser Magni I

Post by Kaiser Magni I »

Because it's becoming increasingly apparent that some people who care don't take anyone else into consideration and choose to mar more than just their own image. If I come into contact with someone you've grossly disrespected, and they find I'm from the same place, I don't want them to say, "your kind are rude and obscene, I don't want anything to do with you." I don't care if they generalize, some of us do it too, and it's not fair to a lot of people, all because someone decides it's their right to ruin it for everyone else.

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Аїомидє Оћтавион

Return to “Situation Room”