Abolishing Common Forums

The least private hidden forum that Micras has ever seen. Restricted access to a citizen of any Bastion nation. So that's only, what, 80% of the active microworld these days?
Sisera B.E.

Abolishing Common Forums

Post by Sisera B.E. »

The Right Honorable and Sobre Lord of Lunaris wrote:* Our small talk is sucked away elsewhere (Bastion, in my opinion, shouldn't have a top-level GD forum. Save it for the constituent micronations.
This was brought forward by someone in that largish empire in the north and it is an interesting point, there is an awful lot of talk in these common forums which takes away talk from the micronations. Do we really need these common forums when all non-shitty nations have their own general discussion forums? Administration is an exception of course...

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Re: Abolishing Common Forums

Post by Verion »

It could be cleaned up somewhat, but I am sure I will miss the love- and hatethreads. ;)
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Sisera B.E.

Post by Sisera B.E. »

They could be held in other forums, given that they were started by Rickyboy in Hurmu for example which would then have some activity as well...

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

To hell with common fora.

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

To clarify:

I don't mind somewhere for off-topic macroworld discussion on Bastion, but aside from the admin section I think all discussion concerning micronations themselves are better off conducted within those micronations, for the benefit of all our respective homelands activity-wise.

Emile

(to be fair it is kinda shitty)

Post by Emile »

Sisera B.E. wrote:Do we really need these common forums when all non-shitty nations have their own general discussion forums?
Are you publicly calling my nation "shitty"??

Sisera B.E.

Post by Sisera B.E. »

No. Though if I'm pressed to submit my opinion I would say that any nation which opposes the natural order is shitty.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

If people didn't want to talk in common forms, they wouldn't.

They do, so they do.

If these forums were empty, it would be a different story. But they're not.

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Some are used. I vote we make 'Lifestyle', 'Economics' etc. subforums within Gen Disc as a designated off-topic international area so we don't have to scroll past dead categories every time we need to get to the constituent nations. Of course, like many of you I use the 'view new posts' page but sometimes I do use the main forums and then I notice these redundant fora.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Octavius

Post by Octavius »

Eliminate the superfluous ones maybe.

Brandon

Post by Brandon »

Having to announce when I return once a year in every micronation would be a disincentive to me.

Return to “Situation Room”