"We Know What It Is When the Sky Falls"

Please use this subforum if you want to post a story that is just written by you and is not a general group RP - if you don't post here, we'll assume you're happy for others to jump in.
Kallinn Ynnetrrr

"We Know What It Is When the Sky Falls"

Post by Kallinn Ynnetrrr »

This is a story chronicling a group of Toketin survivors during and after the apocalyptic telluric event that transformed Micras into Pelagia, the setting of Archipelago. I'm putting it here because it's completely unrelated to any existing group in Archipelago.

Tally ho!
I. Prologue: Set Aflame

The sky had been fierce that morning, even before the event. Black clouds rolled over the grasslands, and a fresh gale created deep waves in the grain fields. There were some reports of tornadoes; great swirling vortexes of nature's inky wrath prying roofs from houses and shattering windows in the faces of the unexpecting. The Doshtansk steppes only saw such extreme meteorological phenomena once in a decade or so, when the waters of the North Raynor Sea would get warm enough to push warm, moist air far to the north to meet with cold air coming east from the Northern Ocean. Often enough for the locals to take precautions, but rarely enough to catch the uninformed by surprise.

South of Kotsovan, near where Toketi bordered the chaotic remains of the Kingdom of Lovely, lay a former military base, then called Fort Laconic. It's most notable feature was a great, blue granite tower rising from the center of the fort's keep, watching silently, dutifully across the praeries. After the collapse of the Confederation of Gralus, the Toketisk government closed the base in a sweeping overhaul of the Royal Military. By the time of the reconsolidation of the Gralan Empire, the keep had crumbled leaving the tower bare against the plains.

Twenty years before the event, an entrepreneur by the name of Trajan Rolis bought the remains of Fort Laconic from the military, and within a year rebuilt the area as an airpark community surrounding the fort rebuilt as his grand estate, complete with the granite tower at its center.

Trajan was a very reserved man. He was certainly interested in the well-being of the community, and made a point to keep the runways and hangars in good-repair, but he left the governance of the town up to the rest of its residents. He spent a lot of time flying in and out of his town, often bringing crates of supplies back in his cargo plane, most of which disappeared with him into his mansion.
Yeah, I only got like 4 paragraphs done tonight, the prologue is going to be longer, I just got caught up in other things. Much much much much more to come later.

Return to “Story”