New Sec-Gen

The MTO discussion forum.
Nathan

New Sec-Gen

Post by Nathan »

My inactivity is certainly having a negative affect on the MTO. I put too much effort into reforming it to let it slip now. I won't immediately resign and create a power vacuum, so consider this a request for members to begin the process of selecting a new Sec-Gen.
B. When voting to elect officials of the Organization, the General Assembly or the Secretary General shall ensure that:

1. There shall be one week of declaring candidacies. All candidacies will be filed with the Secretary General.

2. On the first Monday following the 'candicacy week', voting shall begin.

3. When voting on filling a position, members shall vote for one and only one candidate or, if believing that no candidate is satisfactory, refrain from voting for a candidate and instead vote "no to all candidates". Voting shall continue until the Friday following the Monday.

4. When tallying the votes, unless "no to all candidates" receives plurality, the candidate who achieves plurality of the votes shall be elected and fill his or her position with the organization immediately.
According to our new rules, I suppose this is the candidacy week.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Kaiser Loki IV

Re: New Sec-Gen

Post by Kaiser Loki IV »

Can't a Deputy serve until your return?
Loki IV, Kaiser of Shireroth
"Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est."
Duke of Goldshire
Count of Hallucination, Count of Illumination, Viscount of Monty Crisco

Monty

Post by Monty »

I'll stand and go up the ladder from Deputy-Secretary. I apologise for having to create a new account but my old account logged out and I couldn't remember the password and it didn't send the reactivation code to my email...
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Kaiser Loki IV wrote:Can't a Deputy serve until your return?

Yes. But I honestly don't know how long that would be and I think it would be improper to keep the office for an indefinite LOA. If I knew it would only be one month longer and I'd be back in full force, then yes I'd keep the office and let Deputy Carmicheal run things.

So far we have one candidate, Deputy Secretary Carmicheal (Monty).

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Monty wrote:I'll stand and go up the ladder from Deputy-Secretary. I apologise for having to create a new account but my old account logged out and I couldn't remember the password and it didn't send the reactivation code to my email...
I can set a new password manually for you if you like.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Monty

Post by Monty »

If you could do that, it would be great. Carmichael is my "character" here so it would make sense. I'm a bit like you these days Andreas with retired characters....Monty is officially dead (or is he? MUAHAHAHAHAHA)
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Since the candidacy week has ended, and no other candidates have stepped forward, a confirmation vote will begin Monday, Feb 19, for Deputy Secretary Carmichael as the next Secretary General.

Monty

Post by Monty »

Superb.

My main aims, if elected Secretary-General, will be to give MTO a greater voice in the world and make it a forum in which intermicronational disputes can be resolved.

I will look to strengthening and implementing the Intermicronational Commission also.
Lord Montague

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Antica supports Monty.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Batavia supports Monty.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Monty wrote:If you could do that, it would be great. Carmichael is my "character" here so it would make sense. I'm a bit like you these days Andreas with retired characters....Monty is officially dead (or is he? MUAHAHAHAHAHA)
Sorry I missed this, I've been on various camps and then doing Orientation Week stuff with my uni Christian group. I've reset the password and pm'd it to the Monty account.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Return to “Micras Treaty Organization”