Ocian Membership

The MTO discussion forum.
Matt Kovac

Ocian Membership

Post by Matt Kovac »

Just to inform the MTO, Ocia's National Defence Commission is considering putting forth an application.

Daniel

Re: Ocian Membership

Post by Daniel »

Rehabilitation to the community of civilized states, eh?
Ghost of Dâniyal the Dead
Disturb not my sleep!

Jean Carmichael

Post by Jean Carmichael »

It would mark a great step in Ocia's path to stable Government and the International Norms if it were to be allowed into the Organisation.

Aster

Post by Aster »

An election wouldn't hurt, either.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Election you say, Aster? What are you speaking of? Elections in Ocia?
Disturb not my sleep!

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

The MTO will await Ocia's application with interest and give it impartial consideration as with all applicants.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Indeed.
Disturb not my sleep!

Aster

Post by Aster »

yup. I mean elections in Ocia...lol

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

In every single thread with the word Ocia in it, you can bet that aster will drop by to troll.

Aster

Post by Aster »

good isn't it?

Valid point though - I mean, that we 'facsists' have more elections than Ocia...

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Is Ashkenatza even a member?
Disturb not my sleep!

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

Aster wrote:good isn't it?

Valid point though - I mean, that we 'facsists' have more elections than Ocia...
When Ocia's citizenry was a strong 7 or 8 (citizens with Ocia's interests, and not the interests of others at heart) we had semi annual presidential and parliamentary elections every 6 months. I think If we simply had elections now with myself and dimitri it would be useless- and Ocian law has provided a provision for this situation. When Ocia's citizenship levels rise again I will gladly hold them and I will not run since I would very much like to have another role in Ocia other than President.

And aster as a keen enthusiast of political thought (as you seem to be) I am surprised that you think that simply not holding elections makes a nation more fascist than another. I'm sure you can name many fascist regimes which were more or less propped up by elections.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Indeed, if democratic accountability was an issue in this organization, the founding member, Shireroth, would be cast out from it.
Disturb not my sleep!

Aster

Post by Aster »

And aster as a keen enthusiast of political thought (as you seem to be) I am surprised that you think that simply not holding elections makes a nation more fascist than another. I'm sure you can name many fascist regimes which were more or less propped up by elections.
Yes. Social Darwinism and Eugenics are good indicators. And your new friends know all about that...

Nick

Post by Nick »

Emir of Sathrati wrote:Indeed, if democratic accountability was an issue in this organization, the founding member, Shireroth, would be cast out from it.
Wise words, I must say. I've been Grand King of Normark for nearly 300 years by our calendar. And Aster, is it too much to ask for just a little more professionalism? Remember, as the Nohsi, you're more or less the face of Ashkenatza. Is this the face that you want to show? Trolololing in the forums that Ashkenatza is not a formal member of isn't my idea of constructive diplomacy. In a general discussion forum, perhaps, but here? You ought...no, you DO know better. I understand, looking from both the outside in and the inside out, that even though Ashkenatza is more or less isolationist, that isn't a free ticket to just start ragging people - even Ocia.

Aster

Post by Aster »

Point taken. Matt is just so fun though!

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Unlike you, yes.
Disturb not my sleep!

Aster

Post by Aster »

Yes. I'm not as much fun to laugh at.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Einhorn wrote:Trolololing in the forums that Ashkenatza is not a formal member of...
Ashkenatza is a member of the MTO. The confusion is partly my fault as there was a hang-up between the Assembly's vote to admit them and receiving notice of their ratification of GM Treaty, therefore they were not added to the official member list in this forum. My sincere apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

On behalf of the Ocian Federation I do formally present Ocia's application to join the MTO from the Ocian Ministry of the Exterior after the conditions of membership were approved by the National Defence Commission of the Ocian Federation.

signed,
President of the Ocian Federation
11/11/07

Return to “Micras Treaty Organization”