Resolution: New Folksraad elections

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Resolution: New Folksraad elections

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

As the representative of the Ayreonist Party, previously known as the Ayreonist Independence Party, here in the Landsraad, I have the duty to inform the Landsraad of the Party's desires, and to make a motion thereby, regarding the question of new elections in the Elwynnese counties and in Shirekeep.

The Ayreonist Party, which for the sake of the stability of the Imperial Republic and the democratic process of the country during the elections, did not participate in the elections in the Elwynnese counties of Alalehzamin, Araxion, Eliria, Utasia, and Wintergleam, as well as in Shirekeep, has decided that it wishes to contest these elections again, and requests kindly that new elections for the seats of these counties be up for immediate election for the Folksraad, and in the case of the Adelsraad, the counties of Alalehzamin, Araxion, Eliria, and Utasia.

This is further supported by the statement of the Verionist Union to not take part in the deliberations of the Folksraad and the Adelsraad.

The motion is therefore: That new elections for the Folksraad be held in the constituencies of Alalehzamin, Araxion, Eliria, Shirekeep, Utasia, and Wintergleam, and that new elections be held for the Adelsraad to be held in the constituencies of Alalehzamin, Araxion, Eliria, Shirekeep, and Utasia.
Li Naomiai Avon-El
Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine

Princess of Klaasiya, Duchess of Hoffenheim, Marchioness of Sentratera

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)
Secretary of Legal Affairs in the Court of Noble Fountain (Natopia)

Mahmood Sadri

Re: Resolution: New Folksraad elections

Post by Mahmood Sadri »

Lord Praetor,

Let me get this straight. The Ayreonists did not contest these elections out of their own free will, but have now had a change of heart and wishes to invalidate the will of the people in these areas? Am I getting that right?

Since the NDP only contested the elections in Talenore and now have had a change of heart, I motion for fresh elections to the Folksraad everywhere except in Talenore.
Dr. Mahmood Sadri Maleki
Governor-General of the State of Talenore
Count Sadri of Pasdaran
Chairman, National Development Party

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

There is no need for the Lord Sadri of Pasdaran to mock me, I am but a messenger.
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Lord Prætor,

Just when we thought that the Ayreonists were undergoing a rare moment of humility and self-reflection over their shameful role in the partition of Elwynn and the creation of the Northern Realm, then up they pop telling us that they have changed their minds and what we really need is a dose of their progressive liberal virtue and fresh elections - but only in the locations where it suits them mind you.

I motion that the resolution presented by the Marchioness of Sentratera be amended to read as follows:
The Lords Temporal of the Landsraad, deploring the shameless attempt of the Ayreonist Party to set at nought the democratic will of the people for its own convenience and abhorring the boycott of the Adlesraad and Folksraad by the Verionist Union, resolve to condemn both parties for their anti-democratic conduct and hypocritical attitudes.

Further the Landsraad resolves that no fresh elections to either institution shall be held before the year 1670.

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

For obvious reasons, I can neither accept the proposed amendment by the Prince of Modan nor can I take it seriously. The incredulous mocking the Ayreonists get here is only a testament that we need to have a greater presence in the imperial legislative and deliberative bodies.

Surely we would be able to reach some compromise here?
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

A proposed amendment to the motion has been offered by the Prince of Modan. The Marchioness of Sentratera does not accept that amendment.

If the Prince of Modan stands by his amendment, we shall vote on it (for then I will second it). If not, I require two seconds to the amendment for it to move to a voting stage.
Tinker Sprocket
Count of Norrström (Natopia)
Count of Machinaria, Viscount Sprocket of Machinaria (Shireroth)
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Lord Prætor,

If the noble lady is serious in suggesting fresh elections especially for the sole benefit of her party then I remain perfectly serious in my amendment.

Would the Marchioness prefer for this matter to be heard in the Folksraad? That way she might see just how widespread the mockery and incredulity at her proposal actually goes.

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

How can such new elections be solely for the benefit of my party? There is no prophecy saying that we will be guaranteed seats if new elections were to be held. Au contraire, the benefit would be to the Humanist Coalition as they could suck up the Verionist seats, as the Verionists have decided not to take part in imperial elections.

But the Prince of Modan knows this. He is simply scared. He quivers at the very thought of a stronger Ayreonist bloc!
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Lord Prætor,

It is quite possible that the Marchioness' oratorical skills are on a downward trajectory that will ultimately conclude with making clucking noises. But to save her from such indecorous conduct may I merely be permitted to observe that neither the prospect of a "stronger Ayreonist bloc" nor the alternative scenario where the dupes are ground in to bonemeal is relevant to the actual situation here - which is that the democratic will of the people has already been heard, on a rare occasion where the Ayreonists - confronted by the ruinous consequences of their policy - had decided that discretion was the better part of valour and prudently skipped over participating. Now they think they espy an opportunity for a comeback in the bizarre antics of the Verionist Union. I can see no reason to indulge them. A sufficient quantity of "progressive" views can already be heard in the Folksraad without inconveniencing ourselves to add self-serving Ayreonist cant into the mix.

Mahmood Sadri

Post by Mahmood Sadri »

Lord Praetor,

Perhaps the good Marchioness could take this situation as a lesson for the next election? No representation without participation.
Dr. Mahmood Sadri Maleki
Count Sadri of Pasdaran

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

The misogynist words clucking out of the Prince of Modan's mouth are laughable. When he has no argument, he makes the argument that I am about to mimick him by clucking as a chicken.

The Lord Sadri of Pasdaran makes a good point. However, I believe that the views of the electorate have shifted since the election. The Verionist Union campaigned heavily during the elections, promising their voters change.

But now, the Verionists, along with them the Spammers of Modan, have chickened out, and refuse to participate.

The electorate was deceived. And not only in Elwynn, but elsewhere too. Perhaps new elections across the board should be held.

If the Prince of Modan withdraws his amendment, I will support the question of new elections across the Imperial Republic in a question to the Adelsraad and the Folksraad. If either chamber supports new elections, new elections will be held. If both reject new elections, the Ayreonist Party will wait.
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Mahmood Sadri

Post by Mahmood Sadri »

Lord Praetor,

We have just had elections to the Folksraad and Adelsraad, the people have spoken. To ask the people to vote again because certain parties cannot handle the result is to not respect the will of the people. I respectfully reject any move for fresh elections at this point.
Dr. Mahmood Sadri Maleki
Count Sadri of Pasdaran

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords

We shall now divide on what text shall be the main proposal. Note that this is not a vote on adopting a text, merely a decision on what text we will vote on later.

We have the main proposal, offered by the Marchioness of Sentratera:
That new elections for the Folksraad be held in the constituencies of Alalehzamin, Araxion, Eliria, Shirekeep, Utasia, and Wintergleam, and that new elections be held for the Adelsraad to be held in the constituencies of Alalehzamin, Araxion, Eliria, Shirekeep, and Utasia.
And we have the rival amendment, offered by the Prince of Modan:
The Lords Temporal of the Landsraad, deploring the shameless attempt of the Ayreonist Party to set at nought the democratic will of the people for its own convenience and abhorring the boycott of the Adlesraad and Folksraad by the Verionist Union, resolve to condemn both parties for their anti-democratic conduct and hypocritical attitudes.

Further the Landsraad resolves that no fresh elections to either institution shall be held before the year 1670.
If my Lords wish that the main proposal to remain the one offered by the high and noble Lady the Marchioness of Sentratera, they will vote "nay". If my Lords wish that the main proposal to be the one offered by the Prince of Modan, my Lords will vote "aye".

We shall now divide.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Aye.

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Nay.
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords

Voting has ended. In favor of the amendment is one vote (Modan), and against (Sentatera).

I have decided to allow the amendment by casting the tie-breaking vote.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

I respect the Landsraad's decision on the question of new elections. However, I wish to move to amend the proposed resolution text as follows:

Further the Landsraad resolves
that no fresh elections to either institutionthe Adelsraad or the Folksraad shall be held before the year 1670.
This amendment has the support of the Ayreonist Party.
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Lord Praetor,

As the proponent of the revised text, I oppose this amendment.

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

I think the Ayreonist Party is very fine indeed here, acknowledging that there will be no new elections, and that is gracious and honourable to know when to stop furthering your policies. As such, I must urge the good Prince to remove the stain on the Ayreonists' name that his text has. It pains me that his distaste for Ayreonism, despite its name is to Ayreon, our kaiser, a principle to remain true to him and his predecessors and their combined ideology, is so evident that even when the Ayreonists have been defeated, he needs to shove them all in the gutter and drag them through miles of excreta, only to make his victory a little bit sweeter. That is dishonourable behaviour, and not one a member of the Imperial Government should take part in.

As such, I move to adopt my text by a vote, so that we can see on what side all the members of this house stand on the matter. Do they want to cover us with manure, or are they on the side of honour and good taste?
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords

We shall divide on the question to amend the text as it is currently standing.

The Marchioness of Sentratera has moved to make the following amendment to the text:

Further the Landsraad resolves
that no fresh elections to either institutionthe Adelsraad or the Folksraad shall be held before the year 1670.
If members are in favour of this amendment, they will vote aye. If they are against, they will vote nay.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Return to “Landsraad Archive”