Regarding the new by-laws

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Noor bint Daniyal

Regarding the new by-laws

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

Lady Prætor

From what I understand of Landsraad precedence is that traditionally by-laws have sought to clarify the Procedures, not make new rules for them.

As such, I would prefer if your Ladyship submitted the newest by-laws as an amendment to the Procedures so that this house may scrutinize them, and confirm them in a vote.

I do so invite your ladyship.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Malliki Nur Pinito
Major Asshole

Re: Regarding the new by-laws

Post by Malliki Nur Pinito »

I also wonder from where the Praetor derives the power to unilaterally amend the Procedures? What a by-law is is clearly defined in the Procedures, it is made to clarify the Procedures, not make them. I consider the new "by-law" a blatant overstep of Praetorial authority.
6. Should the contents among the Imperial Electorate have it with a majority of at least three fourths of the votes cast, the item before the Landsraad shall cease to be a Non-Binding Non-Resolution.
This is quite obviously not a by-law but an amendment to the Procedures, and I invite the Praetor to introduce this as an amendment to the Procedures.
Malliki Nur Pinito

Fjorleif

Re: Regarding the new by-laws

Post by Fjorleif »

Malliki Nur Pinito wrote:This is quite obviously not a by-law but an amendment to the Procedures, and I invite the Praetor to introduce this as an amendment to the Procedures.
Lord Arbiter,

You are indeed correct and I will submit it to the Landsraad later today.
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Return to “Landsraad Archive”