His Niftiness' Address to the Landsraad

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Kaiser Hjalmar

Post by Kaiser Hjalmar »

ImageImageImage

Lady Prætor,

We were delighted to accept the invitation of the Landsraad which was extended to Us by means of its Resolution of the Year 6113 to address the aforesaid legislature concerning certain issues listed in the Resolution aforesaid.

In the time that has elapsed between the submission of the aforesaid Landsraad Resolution and Our present appearance in the Palace of Zirandorthel, We have to Our great joy succeeded in forming an Imperial Advisory Council and an Imperial Government, worthy of Our name and of service to the Imperial Republic which is able to provide Us with sound counsel and wise advise when attending to government of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. The same applies to the Imperial Shirerithian Defence Council.

The Jingdao issue has also been dealt with and the peace with that country will be kept by a policy of non-attention and having the best relations which Shireroth can have with Jingdao: none at all. It seems that in Constancia they have found themselves a very willing partner for their jingoistic war gaming and We wish both countries and many years of happy playing.

The prospects for Shireroth to improve relations with Alexandria, Hamland, Minarboria, Natopia and Stormark, as well as other countries are most favourable due to the extensive family network and other cordial ties of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja.

To Us a strong military and mutually beneficial relations with the nation’s diplomatic partners are essential for the advancement of the safety, honour, and welfare of the Imperial Republic as a whole. The same applies to good relations with the Imperial States which are the backbone of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and We shall diligently work on all of the aforesaid.

We are also very pleased that due to the present constitutional settlement the Imperial States are secure in their lands and domestic affairs. During Our Kaiseral Reign We shall endeavour to increase their prosperity by devolving certain matters which are within Our purview to them. An example of this is Our Imperial Decree #786 which allows the Imperial States to have their own financial system.

Looking back at the circumstances that brought Us onto the Golden Mango Throne, We feel quite saddened that it was Margana WinEth's treachery and the subsequent bloodshed which triggered Our ascension. It is, however, no use crying about spilt milk, We shall endeavour to make Our Kaiseral Reign one of peace and prosperity.

May the lion not hurt you during Love’s Great Adventure!
Hjalmar Heirðrsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Kaiser of Shireroth

Fjorleif

Re: His Niftiness' Address to the Landsraad

Post by Fjorleif »

Your Niftiness,

On behalf of the Landsraad I hereby thank Your for accepting our invitation and delivering You Address to us.
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Your Niftiness,

What is the difference between non-attention and appeasement?

Why do you think that you can operate in a neutral way when dealing with Stormark?

OOC: Most importantly, why are you deliberately blurring the line between IC and OOC? In so far as it concerns us, surely we should take recwars seriously from an IC perspective? By the way, this is not the first time you have done this. Please explain to the Landsraad.

Thank you.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Kaiser Hjalmar

Post by Kaiser Hjalmar »

Lady Prætor,

It has pleased Us to provide the Count of Illumination and Cimmeria with the following reply to his questions.
Jack wrote:What is the difference between non-attention and appeasement?
Since it seemingly is so very hard for you to understand the difference between appeasement and non-attention We have come to the conclusion that the best way for you to learn that difference is to experience non-attention yourself. From this post forth you will therefore be subject by a non-attention policy by the Golden Mango Throne for the duration of Our Kaiseral Reign.
Jack wrote:Why do you think that you can operate in a neutral way when dealing with Stormark?
It is clear that you measure Our corn by your bushel.
Jack wrote:OOC: Most importantly, why are you deliberately blurring the line between IC and OOC? In so far as it concerns us, surely we should take recwars seriously from an IC perspective? By the way, this is not the first time you have done this. Please explain to the Landsraad.
We reserve unto Ourselves the right to use OOC and IC, as well as a mix of the aforesaid, wherever and whenever We deem it necessary to get Our point accross.
Hjalmar Heirðrsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Kaiser of Shireroth

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Lady Prætor,
Since it seemingly is so very hard for you to understand the difference between appeasement and non-attention We have come to the conclusion that the best way for you to learn that difference is to experience non-attention yourself. From this post forth you will therefore be subject by a non-attention policy by the Golden Mango Throne for the duration of Our Kaiseral Reign.
I must regret that I find this act a questionable one on the part of the Mango Throne. Are we really saying that obstinate silence is the appropriate response to any and all topics or persons deemed to be disagreeable or difficult?

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Kaiser Hjalmar wrote: Since it seemingly is so very hard for you to understand the difference between appeasement and non-attention We have come to the conclusion that the best way for you to learn that difference is to experience non-attention yourself. From this post forth you will therefore be subject by a non-attention policy by the Golden Mango Throne for the duration of Our Kaiseral Reign.
What a sad man you are. Facing a little opposition once in a while is clearly too difficult for you.

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Thorgils Tarjeisson wrote:I must regret that I find this act a questionable one on the part of the Mango Throne. Are we really saying that obstinate silence is the appropriate response to any and all topics or persons deemed to be disagreeable or difficult?
I would add, moreover, that the prospect of the Golden Mango Throne officially ignoring a citizen of Shireroth is a rather disturbing one. That approach to foreign nations may or may not be warranted; but a government that ignores the existence of its own people negates its own purpose.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Kaiser Hjalmar

Post by Kaiser Hjalmar »

Lady Prætor,

Of the above three replies to Us two are civil and constructive and the other one is just, as usual, the behaviour that is named after a certain creature from Norse mythology.

We have considered the concerns voiced in those two posts and in consequence thereof terminate the educational period for the other poster in this thread, effective immediately.
Kaiser of Shireroth

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Kaiser Hjalmar wrote:Lady Prætor,

Of the above three replies to Us two are civil and constructive and the other one is just, as usual, the behaviour that is named after a certain creature from Norse mythology.
How would you describe your own behaviour?

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

And, since I am a Landsraad member and therefore should be taken seriously by the Government, I would like you to give a decent answer to my questions.

Noor bint Daniyal

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

Lady Prætor,
It pains me that the Kaiser has taken this action. I agree with the Count of Ran -- it is regrettable and puts the kaisership in bad light. I would also like to echo the words from Lord Condo.

The Kaiser ought not to discard his own citizens. A kaiser must treat all his citizens with respect, regardless of whether he likes them or not. A private citizen does not owe the kaiser that respect, although he should do so. The Count of Illumination could have chosen his words wiser to make the same sentiment.

I must ask the Kaiser whether his approach of non-attention is extended to other members of the Verion family, as, for example, the Countess of Crowsilver?

Lady Prætor,

If you allow me, I would like to address one other matter. The forces of the evil empire of Jingdao have invaded the peaceful Euran kingdom of Constancia. When writing to the Kaiser, the Queen of Constancia asked for the Kaiser's recognition of the tyranny and devilishness that Jingdao brings, a recognition -- some sympathy, condolences -- over the blood of innocent Constancian spilt as the Jingdaoese forces unleash their terror. The Kaiser's curt -- in fact, disrespectful -- reply to the Queen is spitting on all victims of Jingdao.

Does the Kaiser not know that his very own wife -- blessed be her soul -- was the refugee from Jingdao's tyranny? That she escaped, pregnant with the Kaiser's foster son, injured but leaving her then husband behind because he had fallen?

I am shocked by this behaviour. I must apologise to the Kaiser for my emotional response -- but the evils of Jingdao must be condemned, today. They must be condemned tomorrow. They must forever be condemned.

Peace upon the souls of all those Jingdao, in its worship of darkness, has taken.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:The Count of Illumination could have chosen his words wiser to make the same sentiment.
If this were the first time the Kaiser has disrespected me, perhaps, but I sense a pattern. I have dared to criticise in respectful terms some of the actions of the Kaiser, and now he has taken an OOC dislike towards me and does everything to annoy me. He doesn't shun breaking the law in Elwynn to do so, and now he apparently doesn't care about longstanding Landsraad traditions either.

How can I be asked to function when faced with so much hostility from His Niftiness, both in his function as Kaiser and as King of Elwynn?

Noor bint Daniyal

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

Lady Prætor

I understand the frustration that the Count of Illumination and Cimmeria feels. In much of political matters, I agree with him. I don't understand why the Kaiser has chosen to single out the Count for all his frustration and distaste. The Count is a good man -- I've known him for a long time -- and I would trust him the supervision of all my children any day, as well as the stewardry of my kingdom. But the Kaiser seems to distaste the Count. I cannot fathom why. Sure, the Count is not as eloquent as the Kaiser in his language -- but why should that matter, really? We should treat one another with respect and kindness.

I was born in Elwynn and brought up in the Elwynnese culture. In Elwynn, as the Kaiser is very well aware of, there have always been clashes by different classes of people. Yet -- despite all sadness in Elwynn's history -- people still commune with one another, and respect one another, even if their is mutual distrust. I do not call for the Kaiser to trust the good Count as I trust him, but merely treat him with the respect and kindness he shows every one else. Singling out the Count -- I simply cannot understand it.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

My Lords and Ladies,

As this topic has been dormant for more than a week it will be archived.
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Return to “Landsraad Archive”