Treaty with Ergonia

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Kaiser Ayreon III
Gnawing Cannibal

Treaty with Ergonia

Post by Kaiser Ayreon III »

Honourable members,

The relations between Ergonia and Shireroth have improved during the kaiserships of our dearly departed Isa IV and my own.

Advised by my Ministers, I have signed the treaty proposed by the Ergonian governing council.

I move that this Landsraad ratifies it.
A TREATY OF FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN SHIREROTH AND ERGONIA

AFFIRMING the spirit of friendship and cooperation on which relations between the two nations are based, and wishing to place their relations on a closer and more solid foundation;

AFFIRMING that both nations formally recognize and respect each other as independent and sovereign nations, including the sovereign territories and property of each other: websites, message boards, any monies deposited into the SCUE banking system, and any land claims approved by the Micronational Cartographical Society;

ACKNOWLEDGING the importance to each nation of the relationship and the close connection between them;

RESOLVED to evaluate and pursue opportunities for their governments and their peoples to work closer together in a spirit of understanding on matters of mutual interest;

CONVINCED of the importance of creating, developing and maintaining relations on an equitable and mutually advantageous basis in a long-term perspective;

RECOGNIZING that cooperation between the two nations should have their common interest in the prosperity and welfare of both nations;

RECOGNISING that each Treaty Party shall grant onto the other's sovereign, and any accredited diplomatic officials, full immunity from prosecution for offenses that may be committed within its jurisdiction. The immunity for diplomatic officials other than the sovereign may be waived on an individual case-by-case basis at the agreement of both Treaty Parties for certain crimes.

AFFIRMING that each contracting party has the right to appoint an ambassador to the other contracting party, where each contracting party is allowed to demand immediate removal of the ambassador
at any time since arrival and without notice;

WHICH HAVE RESOLVED to conclude this treaty and for that purpose sign to indicate acceptance as follows:

Ayreon III
THE IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH

Mr. Thadeus Z. Lange Jr
THE INDEPENDENT REALM OF ERGONIA
Ayreon III Аиреоон

Мирза Йоонатан Мерлинион Аиреоон-Калирион, Чайзыр Широон, Аран Адуреллион, Хвалафельлион, Кузирасион о ве Римеай, Амиресатхырати, Метробоусархоос Беначияй, Боусархоос Чипуун, Конде Сисин, Ярлыр Фростаричиай, Геш Шаахай Шаахаяй

Mirza Jonathan Merlingsson Ayreon-Kalirion, Kaiser of Shireroth, Prince of Elwynn, Hvalafell, Kujirashi-Walstadt and among the Lakes, Emir of Sathrati, Metrobosarch of Benacia, Bosarch of Shirekeep, Count Shishin, Jarl of Frostarike, Scion of the King of Kings

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Re: Treaty with Ergonia

Post by Orion »

RECOGNISING that each Treaty Party shall grant onto the other's sovereign, and any accredited diplomatic officials, full immunity from prosecution for offenses that may be committed within its jurisdiction. The immunity for diplomatic officials other than the sovereign may be waived on an individual case-by-case basis at the agreement of both Treaty Parties for certain crimes.
Define "certain crimes". I don't really like the gist of this, since it suggests a diplomatically-immune person can get away with murder.

Kaiser Ayreon III
Gnawing Cannibal

That is true. My interpretation of that clause is that Ergonia and Shireroth would have to agree on what crimes to exclude from the diplomatic immunity. Should the Landsraad ratify this treaty, I will make sure such an agreement is made with Ergonia as soon as reasonably possible.
Ayreon III Аиреоон

Мирза Йоонатан Мерлинион Аиреоон-Калирион, Чайзыр Широон, Аран Адуреллион, Хвалафельлион, Кузирасион о ве Римеай, Амиресатхырати, Метробоусархоос Беначияй, Боусархоос Чипуун, Конде Сисин, Ярлыр Фростаричиай, Геш Шаахай Шаахаяй

Mirza Jonathan Merlingsson Ayreon-Kalirion, Kaiser of Shireroth, Prince of Elwynn, Hvalafell, Kujirashi-Walstadt and among the Lakes, Emir of Sathrati, Metrobosarch of Benacia, Bosarch of Shirekeep, Count Shishin, Jarl of Frostarike, Scion of the King of Kings

Sonata Green

Post by Sonata Green »

If an ambassador actually tried to get away with murder, they would find themselves on the receiving end of a demand for immediate removal. When they got home, they would not have immunity from the laws of their own nation, who would probably be displeased with them for causing a diplomatic incident. Murder would, at best, be a career-ending move. While this is much less than the usual consequences for murder, I expect that it will tend to be sufficient deterrent in practice.

Anna Green
Countess of Íseirdia-la-Vraulalennir
Sealholder of the House of Green

Kaiser Ayreon III
Gnawing Cannibal

Honourable members,

We shall now vote on the motion to ratify the signed Treaty with Ergonia.

Voting shall last for at least 72 hours. Please vote in favour or against in a clear manner; you may also abstain.

Voting begins now.
Ayreon III Аиреоон

Seoni Milharna
It has always been x, and there is no need to change that.

Post by Seoni Milharna »

No
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Janus Eadric

Post by Janus Eadric »

Aye.

Sonata Green

Post by Sonata Green »

Aye.

Anna Green
Countess of Íseirdia-la-Vraulalennir
Sealholder of the House of Green

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Post by Stellus Yastreb »

Abstain.
Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb
- Count of Lunaris in the Duchy of Goldshire
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

Nay. I will not support this treaty until the line on diplomatic immunity is revised.

Malliki Nur Pinito
Major Asshole

Post by Malliki Nur Pinito »

Nay. I will not support any treaty with Vasroe's papel infected egostan.
Malliki Nur Pinito

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Nay, for the same reason Orion stated.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Heh, I could see that going hilariously badly.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

I shall allow this a couple more days...so if you wish to enter a vote, please do so in a timely fashion.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Aye, but I'd like to see Orion's concerns answered as well.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

So no one is taken unawares, I am going to close this vote soon after I arrive in my office tomorrow morning (probably around 9am).
Mira Raynora the Elder

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Voting has now closed. With three votes for (Eadric, Green, Jack), four against (Milharna, Orion, Nur Pinito, Shyriath) and one abstention (Yastreb), ratification fails.

*The Designated Hat-Doffing Minion doffs its hat*
Mira Raynora the Elder

Return to “Landsraad Archive”