Election of a Kaiser

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Election of a Kaiser

Post by Verion »

With Shireroth's nobles being embroiled in all kinds of affairs of statebuilding, the once proud capital had lost its status as political hub of the Imperial Republic. The Landsraad was deserted and empty, and since a, barely attended, vote on the steward, nothing had happened in the Noble Legilsature of the nation.

Close to midnight, a heavily armed squadron of the Shirekeep City Guard marched into the chambers, the doors were opened by the few remaining Apolonian Guardsmen left, at the head of the column was Titus Morvayne, Prefect of the city.

From his offices, where he was just about to have a refreshing oilbath, Tinker Sprocket, the rather metalllic Speaker of the Landsraad, came to see what whas going on. As soon as he entered the chamber, two guardsmen seized him. A young spectacled fellow appeared carrying some ingenious device. He opened up the Speakers steel belly, and after reconnecting a few wires, his job was done.

Sprocket, with a confused look on his robotic face, climbed the Speakers chair and uttered.

DEAR MEMBERS OF THE LANDSRAAD TODAY IN ACCORDANCE WITH PRECEDENT WE GATHER TO ELECT A SUCCESSOR TO HIS MAGNIFICENCE THE LATE KAISER AYREON IV THIS SPECIAL SESSION WHICH IS NOT SUBJECT TO ORDINARY PROCEDURE IS NOW OPENED PLEASE BRING FORWARD NOMINATIONS FOR THE MANGO THRONE

Prefect Morvayne stept forward and announced "I, Titus Morvayne, Prefect of this Imperial City, nominate myself to be the next Kaiser of Shireroth"

After some buzzing, Speaker Sprocket responded

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED WE HAVE RECEIVED ONE NOMINATION THE HONOURABLE TITUS MORVAYNE PREFECT OF THE CITY VOTING STARTS NOW

Morvayne rose again and stated "I cast my vote for Titus Morvayne"

Sprocket, now close to disintegrating, said:

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED THE LANDSRAAD HAS VOTED TITUS MORVAYNE TO BE THE NEXT KAISER OF SHIREROTH ALL HAIL THE KAISER

Morvayne bowed in the direction of the speaker and spoke: Thanks to this noble house for having vested its trust in me, I accept the Imperial Mango Throne and promise to execute the duties of Kaiser to the best of my abilities, in honour of my ancestors, I choose the regnal name of Verion II. Long live Shireroth!

Then, he motioned his following, and as quickly as they had arrived, the delegation left the Landsraad building.

Shireroth had a new Kaiser, long live the Kaiser...
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Return to “Landsraad Archive”