Treaty of Peace with Jingdao

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Sprocket

Treaty of Peace with Jingdao

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords

I have been asked by the Ambassador to Caputia to bring forward the motion: "That the Landsraad ratifies the Treaty of Peace with Jingdao".

The signed treaty reads:
Treaty of Peace between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Empire of Jingdao

The government of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth on the one hand and the government of the Empire of Jingdao on the other hand,

Desiring to put an end to the hostilities which have arisen between the two countries and to create lasting peaceful relations between them,

Have to this end found it necessary to conclude a peace treaty and have appointed as their representatives for this purpose

The government of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth:
  • H.I.H. Li Naomiai Avon-El, Marchioness of Sentratera
    Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Our Lord the Radiant Sun to the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia
The government of the Empire of Jingdao:
  • Servant Siwu Ersan
    Zhushou
The above-mentioned representatives, after exchange of credentials which were found to be in due form and good order, have agreed upon the following:

Article 1
All hostilities between any and all armed forces of the Parties shall immediately cease. Any combatants from one Party in the territory of the other Party shall lay down their arms before representatives of the other Party, and be given safe passage to return to the territory of their government.

Article 2
The Parties reaffirm their recognition of each other’s territorial integrity and sovereignty in accordance with the borders as marked by the Council of the Micronational Cartography Society.

Article 3
The Parties recommit to the Treaty of Peace between the Member States of the Union of States around the Sovereign Oceans and the Florian Republic and between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Florian Republic, and reaffirm the guilt of the Florian Republic for having caused the war. In so doing, the Parties undertake to cooperate fully with one another in the International High Commission in the Florian Republic so that the Florian Republic may remain fully decommissioned in military hardware, software, infrastructure, and weaponry, for the duration of the Commission’s mandate.

Article 4
Relations between the Parties are normalized in so far that a diplomatic mission is established by each Party in the Other. Each mission is authorized to house an ambassador, and a diplomatic and household staff of ten persons, with protections, obligations and rights as by the prevailing diplomatic norms of international law. Other visits by citizens or residents of the one Party to the Other may be decided by the Parties on a case-to-case basis.

Article 5
This Treaty shall be ratified by the Parties. The Treaty enters force upon the exchange of ratifications which shall occur in the city of Zalae as soon as possible.

Done at Zalae on 11.XI.1664, in daor 358.

In witness whereof the above-named plenipotentiaries have signed this Treaty:

For the government of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth:
Sentratera

For the government of the Empire of Jingdao:

四五二三
Tinker Sprocket
Count of Norrström (Natopia)
Count of Machinaria, Viscount Sprocket of Machinaria (Shireroth)
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Karmen Joonai

Re: Treaty of Peace with Jingdao

Post by Karmen Joonai »

Lord Prætor

I rise to give my support to this peace treaty.

The ambassador to Caputia, Lady Sentratera, has been involved in several long and difficult negotiations with the Jingdaoese, in Zalae – neutral ground, to bring forward a state of peace with the Jingdaoese. She has done this on the authority from the Imperial Advisory Council who have followed the negotiations for many years.

I will now explain the result of those negotiations, which brought forward a clean treaty of peace.

The treaty has five articles.

The first article establishes peace, and forces Jingdaoese soldiers on Shirerithian sovereign land, and Shirerithian soldiers on Jingdaoese land, to lay down their arms and return to their respective country safely.

The second article recognizes the borders has Shireroth and Jingdao respect and recognize the other's borders as marked by the MCS map.

The third article relates to the Florian Republic, which was responsible for causing the war between Jingdao and Shireroth. Jingdao and Shireroth promise to do their best to work together in the International High Commission for Floria to ensure that Floria never again rises to arms, to ensure further disarmament and monitor any Florian attempts at heavy industrialization.

The fourth article sets out the diplomatic relations between Shireroth and Jingdao. Each country may set up an embassy in the other's capital with ten persons in the staff. Other visits of respective country's citizens to the other may be decided on a case-to-case basis by immigration authorities.

Finally, the fifth article talks about ratification.
The Ghost of Karmen Joonai, Lady Cherokee

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Lord Prætor,

I suppose that I should make a brief remark in favour of the treaty which my office presently has temporary responsibility for overseeing the implementation of.

Although I am disappointed that the Jing have retained a garrison on the island of Blackstone, the withdrawal of the majority of their forces from Western Benacia is to be welcomed. We must not let the conclusion of a necessary and pragmatic peace with Jingdao detract from our obligations to our allies in Keltia and Eura, who continue to be menaced by the Dionysian depravity of Passio-Corum's revanchist policies.

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Thank you.

My Lords,

I believe we can move on to voting.

All those in favour of ratifying the treaty, say aye or otherwise signify your approval. All those against, say nay or otherwise signify your opposition. Any other kind of sentiment will be interpreted as a blank vote.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Hartmut Aldric

Post by Hartmut Aldric »

Aye!
Edgard
Shirerithian characters:
  • Regent and Lord Protector Ruadh Aldric of the Kingdom of Ransenar;
  • Lord High Steward Sean O'Callaghan of the Kingdom of Ransenar;
  • Lord Senàn Caldwell, Lord Warden of the Imperial Constabulary.
  • Deceased: Hartmut Aldric, Steward of the Imperial Republic (1660-1665), Duke of Calezi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Imperial Duchy of Brookshire, First Secretary of the Kehl, &etc.

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Aye
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

"Taking this decision was more deadly than taking poison. I submitted myself to God's will and drank this drink for his satisfaction."
Aye.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

NAY.

I cannot and will not support peace with the Jingdaoese empire as long as they occupy Blackstone.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Soraya Octavius-Parini
"But why?"

Post by Soraya Octavius-Parini »

ABSTAIN

Steward and Minister of State
Count Palatine of Kezan

Karmen Joonai

Post by Karmen Joonai »

Aye
The Ghost of Karmen Joonai, Lady Cherokee

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords

All active members of the Landsraad have voted, and therefore I will close voting now.

Six votes have been cast, four in favour (Imperial Mother by Proxy, Goldshire, Calezi, Cherokee), one against (Saint Zor), and one abstention (Kezan).

Accordingly the Landsraad has ratified the treaty.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”