Charter Amendment to Article III

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Soraya Octavius-Parini
"But why?"

Charter Amendment to Article III

Post by Soraya Octavius-Parini »

Lord Praetor,

I offer the following as a proposal to revise Article III of the Charter with the intention of updating the process of succession.

Article III: The Kaiser

Section A: Definition and Succession
  1. There is established by this Charter the Kaiser of Shireroth, which is held by Our Lord the Radiant Sun Vidar Salim Livarson Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine, reigning as Kaiser Ayreon IV, and his heirs and successors. The Kaiser is titled Kaiseress if she is a woman.
  2. The Kaiser commands the respect, devotion and loyalty of all Shirerithians. The Kaiser is above politics.
    [*]Upon the death, abdication or removal of the Kaiser, the throne passes to the legitimate issue, if already citizens of the Imperial Republic, of Our Lady the Radiant Sun Noor as-Salaam bint Daniyal Umra Suleiman Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati Umm Zahir al-Din of Waffel-Paine (blessings and peace upon her memory), Kaiseress of Shireroth, with preference to elder siblings and their descendants over younger siblings and their descendants.
    [*]In the event that the line of succession is extinguished, the Landsraad shall elect a Kaiser from among the Nobility of the Imperial Republic and provide for new rules of succession in accordance with Imperial law.
    [*]In the event that the Kaiser is unable, for reasons of absence, illness or being below the age of fifteen (15) years, his functions shall be performed by the Imperial Advisory Council, either collectively or by a Regent selected by the Imperial Advisory Council from among its members.

Section B: Functions
  1. The Kaiser conducts, either personally or through a proxy that he appoints, the election of the Prætor of the Landsraad whenever there is a vacancy to the office or whenever the Landsraad resolves that an election for Prætor be held.
  2. The Kaiser appoints, on the report of the Prætor of the Landsraad, as Steward of the Imperial Republic the person elected to that office by the Landsraad.
  3. The Kaiser accepts the resignation of the Steward when tendered by the Steward.
  4. The Kaiser dismisses the Steward when it is his pleasure to do so.
  5. The Kaiser appoints and dismisses, upon the recommendation of the Steward, members of the Imperial Advisory Council.
  6. The Kaiser appoints and dismisses, upon the recommendation of the Steward, the Imperial Ministers.
  7. The Kaiser appoints and dismisses, upon the recommendation of the Steward, the viceroys of the imperial dominions.
  8. The Kaiser appoints and receives diplomatic envoys.
  9. The Kaiser nominates the Arbiter and other offices of the Imperial Judex.
  10. The Kaiser appoints the members of the Imperial Inquisition.
  11. The Kaiser confers honours, dignity of nobility, awards, decorations or distinctions on such persons as he deems worthy of it, after receiving the advice of the Imperial Advisory Council on the matter.
  12. The Kaiser may, upon the recommendation of the Imperial Advisory Council, grant a pardon, either free or subject to conditions, and either full or in part, to a person convicted of an offence.
  13. The Kaiser governs in his discretion such fiefs that he may hold personally within the Imperial Dominions, the Imperial Court, the Imperial Household and all Imperial Residencies. He may not be removed from any of these or have their finances disturbed without his consent.
  14. The Kaiser issues imperial decrees on all matters of his competence.

Section C: Imperial Advisory Council
  1. The Imperial Advisory Council exists to advise the Kaiser on all matters pertaining to his office.
  2. Prior to taking office, members of the Imperial Advisory Council shall swear the oath of membership, as determined by imperial law.

Section D: Regency
  1. The Landsraad may remove the Kaiser from the throne if it has adopted a resolution to remove the Kaiser with three fourths’ majority and either no more than one imperial state has informed the Prætor of its objections to the resolution within one year of the Landsraad’s adoption of the resolution or all imperial states have informed the Prætor of their consent to the resolution.
  2. The Landsraad may, by resolution, order a regency for the Kaiser whenever if the Landsraad believes that the Kaiser is so ill or absent that it endangers the government of the Imperial Republic. The resolution is valid for one year or until the Landsraad has ordered to cease the regency by a resolution, whichever is sooner.
  3. The Kaiser may, by issuing an imperial decree to the effect, order a period of regency, which shall be valid until such time that the Kaiser issues another imperial decree announcing that the period of regency has ended. Such decree may also appoint, from among the members of the Imperial Advisory Council, a Regent.
  4. In the event that the Kaiser is below the age of fifteen (15) years, his functions shall be performed by the Imperial Advisory Council, either collectively or by a Regent selected by the Imperial Advisory Council from among its members.

Section E: Rules governing the Line of Succession
  1. Upon the death, abdication or removal of the Kaiser, the throne passes to the next member of the Imperial Family in the Order of Succession.
  2. In the event that the Order of Succession is extinguished, the Landsraad shall elect a Kaiser from among the citizenry of the Imperial Republic who are demonstrably descendant from Kaiser Raynor I and provide for new rules of succession in accordance with Imperial law.

Steward and Minister of State
Count Palatine of Kezan

Sprocket

Re: Charter Amendment to Article III

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

There being no debate, we proceed to voting on the question to amend the charter accordingly now.
Tinker Sprocket
Count of Norrström (Natopia)
Count of Machinaria, Viscount Sprocket of Machinaria (Shireroth)
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Jalal Jahanbani

Post by Jalal Jahanbani »

Aye
JALAL JAHANBANI
Imperial Minister of the Exterior
Shireroth

Hartmut Aldric

Post by Hartmut Aldric »

Aye.
Edgard
Shirerithian characters:
  • Regent and Lord Protector Ruadh Aldric of the Kingdom of Ransenar;
  • Lord High Steward Sean O'Callaghan of the Kingdom of Ransenar;
  • Lord Senàn Caldwell, Lord Warden of the Imperial Constabulary.
  • Deceased: Hartmut Aldric, Steward of the Imperial Republic (1660-1665), Duke of Calezi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Imperial Duchy of Brookshire, First Secretary of the Kehl, &etc.

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Aye.

Soraya Octavius-Parini
"But why?"

Aye

Count Palatine of Kezan

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

Voting has ended, and the landsraad has resolved to recommend the Charter change according to its proposal.

The consent of the states is now sought.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

The consent from Brookshire, Kezan, and Modan have been assumed due to their accredited representatives (D Calezi, C Pt Kezan, P Modan) having voted in favour.

The consent of one more state is required.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Lord Prætor,

For that presumption alone I withhold assent.

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

Assent is not assumed for any accredited representative.

I committed an error. I apologise and offer the Landsraad my resignation.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Aye
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Hartmut Aldric

Post by Hartmut Aldric »

Brookshire's consent to this law is confirmed.
Edgard
Shirerithian characters:
  • Regent and Lord Protector Ruadh Aldric of the Kingdom of Ransenar;
  • Lord High Steward Sean O'Callaghan of the Kingdom of Ransenar;
  • Lord Senàn Caldwell, Lord Warden of the Imperial Constabulary.
  • Deceased: Hartmut Aldric, Steward of the Imperial Republic (1660-1665), Duke of Calezi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Imperial Duchy of Brookshire, First Secretary of the Kehl, &etc.

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

We have the consent from 2 (Goldshire, Brookshire) of 5 states, and the non-consent from one state (Modan). The consent of two more states is required.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Karmen Joonai

Post by Karmen Joonai »

Lord Prætor

The Kaiser has in his submlimity acknowledged me as the accredited representative of the Elwynnese Republic before the Imperial Government.

I have the honour to share with you, my Lord, that the Elwynnese Republic, through resolution of its extraordinary congress in Eliria, most graciously consents to this Amendment of the Charter.
The Ghost of Karmen Joonai, Lady Cherokee

Soraya Octavius-Parini
"But why?"

Kezan assents

Count Palatine of Kezan

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

Four states having assented (Brookshire, Elwynn, Goldshire, & Kezan) and one withheld assent (Modan), the required qualified majority of states has been attained.

The Kaiser may promulgate the amendment.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”