Bill: Protected Persons

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Jalal Jahanbani

Bill: Protected Persons

Post by Jalal Jahanbani »

Lord Prætor

I move to add Section I in Chapter 7 of the Lawbook to formalize the status of such protected persons of the Kaiser that already exist and who undoubtedly will come to exist in the Imperial Republic. It is important for these vulnerable people's safety, integrity and dignity, that their status is formalized.

Measures were taken under the late Steward Mira Octavius-Aryani to begin a formalization of these people's statuses. I applaud these efforts, and certain colonies for at-risk labour have been established and run with great satisfaction for everyone involved.

As such, I commend this bill to the Landsraad, Adelsraad, and Folksraad.
Chapter 7: People of Shireroth

[...]

Section I: Protected Person of the Kaiser

1. A person who does not meet the criteria for inclusion in the nobility or in denizenship, who has not tendered voluntary submission into loyal subjecthood, or else has not been sentenced to community servitude by lawful authority, and who is not subject to a foreign power or has not immigrated to the Imperial Republic against the law of the Imperial Republic is a protected person of the Kaiser.

2. It is the responsibility of the Imperial Government to provide protected persons of the Kaiser such food and housing as is necessary for their upkeep as well as meaningful work necessary for their physical and spiritual wellbeing.

3. Protected persons shall for their protection live outside the remits of state or dominion jurisdictions, but shall be governed in special colonies established under imperial law. Protected persons shall, for their protection, not have any significant contact with people outside of these special colonies.

4. Protected persons rank (13).
JALAL JAHANBANI
Imperial Minister of the Exterior
Shireroth

Sprocket

Re: Bill: Protected Persons

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords and Ladies,

Before us we have a bill to amend the Lawbook.

Debate on this bill lasts for at least [24 hours] from its submission.
Tinker Sprocket
Count of Norrström (Natopia)
Count of Machinaria, Viscount Sprocket of Machinaria (Shireroth)
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Soraya Octavius-Parini
"But why?"

Post by Soraya Octavius-Parini »

Kezan is heartened by the codification of our sister's work to provide meaningful protection to those persons who are endangered by the whims of the masses and of the bloodthirsty alike.

Steward and Minister of State
Count Palatine of Kezan

Heath Belledin

Post by Heath Belledin »

Milord Prætor

I find that the provisions here offered, especially the proposed Section 7,I,3, hinder the development, personally and societally, of these downtrodden people rather than advancing it, as supposed. Therefore, for their betterment, I move to amend the bill as follows:
Chapter 7: People of Shireroth

[...]

Section I: Protected Person of the Kaiser Resident of the Imperial Republic

1. A person who does not meet the criteria for inclusion in the nobility or in denizenship, who has not tendered voluntary submission into loyal subjecthood, or else has not been sentenced to community servitude by lawful authority, and who is not subject to a foreign power or has not immigrated to the Imperial Republic against the law of the Imperial Republic is a protected person of the Kaiser Resident of the Imperial Republic.

2. It is the responsibility of the Imperial Government to provide protected persons of the Kaiser Residents of the Imperial Republic such food and housing as is necessary for their upkeep as well as meaningful work necessary for their physical and spiritual wellbeing gainful employment. These provisions will be consummate with those received by a Denizen.

3. Protected persons shall for their protection live outside the remits of state or dominion jurisdictions, but shall be governed in special colonies established under imperial law. Protected persons shall, for their protection, not have any significant contact with people outside of these special colonies.

4. It shall be the aim of the Imperial Government to elevate all Residents of the Imperial Republic to the rank of Denizen or beyond, with an eye towards rendering this classification extinct.

4. Protected persons 5. Residents of the Imperial Republic rank (13).
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Lord Prætor,

The honourable lord slanders the magnanimity of the Imperial Republic by claiming that protected persons are in some way downtrodden, and yet he then proceeds on to propose an amendment which relives the Imperial Government from providing these invidious individuals "meaningful work necessary for their physical and spiritual well-being". How will protected persons ever be worthy of the material considerations to which a denizen is entitled if they are not set improving works to perform?

The honourable lord caps this accomplishment with the almost blasphemous suggestion that the Froyalanish - if we are talking of the Froyalanish here as the largest extant group of protected persons - be elevated to denizenship and perhaps, by implication, even the dignity of citizenship itself.

I know that we must all make allowances for the moral sensibilities of the Reformist clique. But really! What depraved madness is this?

I cannot believe that this is the same Lord Belledin who long and passionately argued before the Kaiser's council for the thorough eradication of the Vanic taint upon Benacia up to and necessarily including the comprehensive extermination of the Froyalanish race.

I fear this debate has also missed an important nuance, for as much as the category of protected person exists to protect those benighted individuals from society it also serves to protect society from the depravity of those creatures who attempted to subvert our entire realm through their aggressive and insistently insidious programme of colonisation. There can be no question of rehabilitation whilst the least glimmer of cultural memory persists from one generation to the next amongst their number. The process of diluting the genetic lineages of the Froyalanish race through castration and mass miscegenation is not even a quarter of the way complete and must be allowed to run for a century at least.

I propose that Minister Jahanbani's draft be retained at the expense of this counterproductive amendment.

Heath Belledin

Post by Heath Belledin »

Milord Prætor

I withdraw the amendment, and beg leave to recant and suppress the remarks I have made in support thereof, as well as the text of the amendment itself.
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

The bill reads as its original. Debate continues.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords

Voting on the bill begins now.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Jalal Jahanbani

Post by Jalal Jahanbani »

Aye.
JALAL JAHANBANI
Imperial Minister of the Exterior
Shireroth

Hartmut Aldric

Post by Hartmut Aldric »

Aye.
Edgard
Shirerithian characters:
  • Regent and Lord Protector Ruadh Aldric of the Kingdom of Ransenar;
  • Lord High Steward Sean O'Callaghan of the Kingdom of Ransenar;
  • Lord Senàn Caldwell, Lord Warden of the Imperial Constabulary.
  • Deceased: Hartmut Aldric, Steward of the Imperial Republic (1660-1665), Duke of Calezi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Imperial Duchy of Brookshire, First Secretary of the Kehl, &etc.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Aye
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Aye
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Aye

Soraya Octavius-Parini
"But why?"

Post by Soraya Octavius-Parini »

Aye

Steward and Minister of State
Count Palatine of Kezan

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords,

Voting has ended, and the bill adopted.
Tinker Sprocket
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”