Motion to elect a new Prætor

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Heath Belledin

Motion to elect a new Prætor

Post by Heath Belledin »

I move that this Landsraad elect a new Prætor.
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Vilhelm Benkern

Re: Motion to elect a new Prætor

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

I think we have an active Praetor in post. What is the justification for this motion for an election?
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Our esteemed Praetor has been in office since 1625. There may be perhaps a desire for fresh blood? Or new ideas and methods? Maybe there is even a certain discontent at the maintenance budget for the Praetor's yacht?

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I will let my support for this motion depend on the performance of the Esteemed Lady Praetor in the Imperial Judex. I trust she will defend all actions taken by this ancient and noble house, even when those close to her try to attack it. Lady Fjorleif has fulfilled her duties in the Landsraad to statisfaction, safe for one instance, and I trust that she will not give any reason for us to lose confidence in her leadership.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Post by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh »

Lady Prætor,

I hope you will, under the circumstances here, forgive me if I - rather than addressing your esteemed self - turn directly to the assembled lords and ladies elector.

My Lords, my Ladies,

Our esteemed prætor has presided over our legislative deliberative body longer than any other prætor before her. We should applaud her patience and loyalty to this house.

Many lords and ladies here cannot even remember a time before her ladyship took office.

We are indebted to her.

When she leaves this assembly to go into retirement, a great fanfare will be held. I trust that the new prætor will guard and defend the powers of the Landsraad, be frugal in the use of public funds, and continue on Lady Fjorleif's dutiful activity in this house.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh
President of the Senate of the Elwynnese Republic

Marcus Myksos
actually talented brother of

Post by Marcus Myksos »

is there a point to this?
Fight the fascist mods :madviking:

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

My Lords and Ladies,

Before us we have a Motion concerning the election of a new Prætor, which has been submitted by the Chief Imperial Inquisitor. Debate on the Motion aforesaid shall be open for at least 24 hours from the initial submission.
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Lord Arbiter,

Res ipsa loquitur. It is in black and white in the Charter.
Section B: The Competence of the Imperial States

1. The Imperial States have exclusive jurisdiction to legislate on matters regarding
a) Internal organisation and administration,
b) Culture,
c) Local criminal law,
d) Infrastructure,
e) Education,
f) Enforcement of state law,
g) Civil defence, and
h) Local defence.

2. Imperial law in these areas is superseded by state law.
CH.VI.B.1 grants the Imperial States exclusive jurisdiction to legislate on the matters that are listed therein. CH.VI.B.2 stipulates that Imperial law in those areas is superseded by state law.

It is therefore not within the purview of the legislative and executive branches of the Imperial Government to interfere with the matters which are reserved to the Imperial States. Any such interference whether by law, decree, resolution, motion, edict, ordinance or otherwise, is in violation of the Charter.

Specifically for the matter in hand, from the very instance that the Elwynnese Union enacted legislation on the matters that had passed into its exclusive jurisdiction, Mishalan and its Soviet infratructure, that legislation supersedes by virtue of CH.VI.B.2 any action by the legislative and executive branches of the Imperial Government.

Any action contrary to Elwynnese law is an infringement of its exclusive jurisdiction and therefore in violation of the Charter.

As the Resolution to veto Imperial Decree No.940 is designated to infringe upon Elwynnese law it is, as a consequence, unconstitutional.

I rest my case.

Thank you for your time.

Submitted with Esteem,

Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Prætor of the Landsraad
I mean, this kinda ticks me off. She represents the Landsraad by giving up on defending its decision immediately?
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Jeremy H. Archer

Post by Jeremy H. Archer »

This is intolerable behaviour by the Praetor. I will support this motion and hope that we can elect a Praetor who actually does want to represent the Landsraad.
Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, Warden of the Imperial Constabulary and Captain of Investigations of the Shirekeep City Guard

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Well, she's gone now anyway. Up to the Steward from here.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

I guess the motion's closed, or whatever I'm supposed to say. I'm not wearing the hat though.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”