Resolution to veto Imperial Decree No.940

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Jeremy H. Archer

Re: Resolution to veto Imperial Decree No.940

Post by Jeremy H. Archer »

Aye, not because I regard the decree as it stands to be contrary to law, but because this is a time for choosing, and there is no better way to denounce the ongoing Stormarkisation of this country and speak out against the utter disregard of contributions of others in Elwynn and its annexed lands, as I have personally experienced in Cimmeria.
Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, Warden of the Imperial Constabulary and Captain of Investigations of the Shirekeep City Guard

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Aye. Not against anyone, but for Orion.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Kyle Kilynn

Post by Kyle Kilynn »

Aye
Kyle Kilynn of Waffel-Paine
Duke of New Dracoheim, Count-Elector in the Most Serene Union, Count of Ynnraile
Nathan

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

I believe we are past the seventy-two hours minimum.

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Post by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh »

Lady Prætor

I rise today to inform the House that the Elwynnese Union has, out of its own free will, returned Mishalan to the Imperial Republic. It has done that through means from a trade with Goldshire that appears to go against the desires of the people of Crowsilver (who will now be Elwynnese).

So the Landsraad has now a decision – one that conflicts me immensely.

We stand between option A and option B.

Option A: We continue with vetoing the decree – Mishalan will return to the Imperial Republic, the Imperial Capital loses its four northern bailiwick-suburbs. All is well. We let Elwynn and Goldshire deal with their failed land-trade issue instead due to the vetoing of the Imperial Decree. The Elwynnese government, I can advise, is likely to bring an injunction to the veto resolution due to concerns that it may not be legal. We'll have a huge headache.

Option B: We change our votes to oppose the veto. Mishalan is returned to the Imperial Republic. The Imperial Capital keeps its four northern bailiwick suburbs. Crowsilver will be upset, and there might be an armed insurrection in Crowsilver.

What option do we choose?
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh
President of the Senate of the Elwynnese Republic

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

It was a grave mistake of the King of Goldshire to give away Crowsilver against the will of its people, this is something that will never be accepted. With his failed attempt at creating stability which, as the King of Goldshire has assured me, was the intent of this ill-fated decree, he has complicated the Mishalani matter gravely.

The Landsraad has voted to Veto the Imperial Decree, which will no doubt spark a legal battle which will split our nation even more than it already is. But to me, that ought to be a seperate matter.

The Elwynnese Royal decree does immediately restore Mishalan as an Imperial Dominion, and lays claim upon Crowsilver. Thus, it appears that this veto is suddently without meaning. However, the Rule of the People in Crowsilver, that has begun today, will fight against the treachery of King Ryker, who has forsaken his people. It is my wish that the Imperial Government supports the people of Crowsilver and will accept Crowsilver too as an Imperial Dominion, hereby going against the iniquities of the Kings of Darkness.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Post by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh »

Lady Prætor

After some consideration on the matter, I find that land trade is illegal under Goldshire's constitution, the Codex Aureus Regni. Accordingly, it might be best to move on with the original plan to veto the original decree.

Further Verion rebellion in Crowsilver seems not only legal under Goldshire's constitution, but indeed required.
Article II, III wrote:The Codes Inviolate are never to be altered. The peoples of Goldshire, as final guardians of their nation's sovereignty and dignity, are authorised and commanded by this Codex to defy any person of high office who attempts to change or contradict the Codes Inviolate, and are further authorised and commanded to remove said person from zir high office, by any means necessary, to preserve said Codes.
Article III, II wrote:Goldshire shall not in any circumstances cede any of its territory, as represented on any map, such that it escapes the jurisdiction of this Codex. Where such territory is forcibly removed from Goldshire by a foreign entity, it is the duty of all Goldshire to regain it. Where such territory is ceded by an incumbent of high office within Goldshire then the peoples of Goldshire, as final guardians of their nation's sovereignty and dignity, are authorised and commanded by this Codex to defy said incumbent, and are further authorised and commanded to remove said person from zir high office, by any means necessary, to preserve Goldshire's territorial integrity.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh
President of the Senate of the Elwynnese Republic

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Indeed it is, and the matter is brought before the Imperial Judex to ensure absolute legality.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

My Lords and Ladies,

Voting on the Resolution to veto Imperial Decree 940 ends now.

The tally is:

IN FAVOUR (11)

The Arandur of Alalehzamin and Utasia
The Count Palatine of Kezan
The Arandur of Cape Farewell
The King of Goldshire
The Seneschal and March Low Judge of Zy-Rodun
The Lord Furniture
The Baron Vigeland
Orion
The Warden of the Imperial Contabulary
The Count of Mar Sara
The Steward

AGAINST (3)

The King of Elwynn
The Countess of Illumination and Cimmeria
The Count of Araxion

ABSTENTIONS (0)

With eleven votes in favour, three votes against and zero abstentions, the Landsraad has passed the Resolution. It shall be inscribed into the Journals of this House. :Court:

Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
The Prætor of the Landsraad
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Return to “Landsraad Passed Bills”