Foreign Affairs - Tellia Region

Home to Operation Impending Doom III
Kaiser Brrapa VII

Foreign Affairs - Tellia Region

Post by Kaiser Brrapa VII »

It's no secret that I can't stand the ugly southern border of the Vale. Every time I look at the map I get the feeling I have to puke (no, it has nothing to do with the escargots I had for dinner).

A proposal to add the territory to Lichbrook if within a number of months nothing changes:
Tellia region proposal.png
Tellia region proposal.png (13 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
I believe that we, however, have a version of the map in which we share the territory: why didn't that get accepted by the MCS?

Blessed are Those Serving the Realm.

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Re: Foreign Affairs - Tellia Region

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

It was not accepted because the striped areas are condominions with Tellia...which the MCS felt was not sufficiently active (and not without justification). It is also worth saying that the proposal would require Shireroth to renounce the Treaty of Gloomburg, which may upset the Tellians.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Kaiser Brrapa VII

The little Loki in me tells me to pressure (not agressively, of course) the Tellians to join the great Shirerithian Empire (which should also require consent of Minarboria if it would ever happen according to Article XII), but I doubt it would happen.

More realistically would perhaps be to renegotiate the treaty: dividing the land (as in the original proposal) but without the stripes. It would become Shirerithian, but we could grant the Tellian government certain priviliges to govern it.

Or we could simply offer, in return of annexing the territory, guarantees of protection and access through the newly-established county.

Kaiser Brrapa VII

I'm fully aware that simply renouncing the treaty would not be a good idea, and wouldn't be a very good start if we want to reacquire some presence on the international diplomatic stage.

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

There are a number of variables at play here that have to be considered. My advice is to give the situation a month or so and see whether there are signs of an upsurge of genuine activity in Tellia (as opposed to the activity generated by outsiders).
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Kaiser Brrapa VII

Mira Raynora Major wrote:There are a number of variables at play here that have to be considered. My advice is to give the situation a month or so and see whether there are signs of an upsurge of genuine activity in Tellia (as opposed to the activity generated by outsiders).
And that's why first post has "A proposal to add the territory to Lichbrook if within a number of months nothing changes:" in it. :wink:

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

It may take a bit of doing to convince the MCS to approve another Shirerithian claim; I would imagine that to them, the Imperial Republic looks rather portly of late, what with the expansions in Amokolia and Mishalan and Angularis.

Granted, a few months' wait may help.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Shyriath wrote:It may take a bit of doing to convince the MCS to approve another Shirerithian claim; I would imagine that to them, the Imperial Republic looks rather portly of late, what with the expansions in Amokolia and Mishalan and Angularis.

Granted, a few months' wait may help.
I would just like to see a plan with the new region. Just "the border looks ugly" is not going to fly for me.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

The plan was to develop the area jointly with involvement from Minarboria (if they're so inclined) and Tellia. I have plans for the area being expanded in to by Mishalan - it represents historical territory that used to belong to the state and I just need to find time to sit down and write it all up.

My original impetus behind this treaty was to create some more interaction with our immediate neighbors on Benacia. Back in the days of the big YAMOs we used to have a lot more interaction - on a diplomatic level. And we really don't have that anymore, which I think is a detriment. This is an attempt to foster such interaction. Unfortunately there appears to be a lot of mistrust among certain individuals.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Orion wrote:The plan was to develop the area jointly with involvement from Minarboria (if they're so inclined) and Tellia. I have plans for the area being expanded in to by Mishalan - it represents historical territory that used to belong to the state and I just need to find time to sit down and write it all up.

My original impetus behind this treaty was to create some more interaction with our immediate neighbors on Benacia. Back in the days of the big YAMOs we used to have a lot more interaction - on a diplomatic level. And we really don't have that anymore, which I think is a detriment. This is an attempt to foster such interaction. Unfortunately there appears to be a lot of mistrust among certain individuals.
I don't know what to think of Minarboria to be honest. It seems to be a nice project, but it was founded by people who seem to mistrust me and Jonas for completely ridiculous reasons. I am open to reconcilliation, but I am still weary of some of the folks running Minarboria, and especially Krasniy.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

Well then maybe y'all should sit down and have an open chat to clear some of this bad air.

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Orion wrote:The plan was to develop the area jointly with involvement from Minarboria (if they're so inclined) and Tellia. I have plans for the area being expanded in to by Mishalan - it represents historical territory that used to belong to the state and I just need to find time to sit down and write it all up.
I look forward to developments in Mishalan - I'm already enjoying the hell out of the whole General Secretary election. :mrgreen:
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Orion wrote:Well then maybe y'all should sit down and have an open chat to clear some of this bad air.
Oh I'm open to that, but I leave the initiative to the Kaiser.

Kaiser Brrapa VII

And what would that open chat be about? About how evil we are and how a good boy he is? :wink:
Don't get me wrong: if there is a reason to talk things out, I don't mind trying so. But if there is anything I should apologize for (concerning the trust-issue), the only thing which comes to my mind is most likely thing is the sudden declaration of independence of Kildare. I have not done anything in the past that I wouldn't do now if the situation was the same (if he behaves like an asshole, I'm inclined to respond that he's behaving like an asshole, for example. That doesn't mean that he is one, but that he was at that moment, just like I have my bad and better moments).
But I'm always open to solve a part of the trust, by proposing the move from Bastion back to our own independent forum. :twisted:

Btw, if we're talking about trust: the same could be told about all people who joined Minarboria. Could those 'left behind' really trust those who left? Don't get me wrong, I trust Mira, Shyriath,... but in the end their brain drain could be seen in the same way as seceding, except without pixels. I don't really see any difference.
Last edited by Kaiser Brrapa VII on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaiser Brrapa VII

Shyriath wrote:
I look forward to developments in Mishalan - I'm already enjoying the hell out of the whole General Secretary election. :mrgreen:
Such things receive my full blessing. Please say so if you need my help.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I recognise myself very much in the views the Kaiser expressed regarding Minarboria. Our stance should be, in the words of a great man: trust, but verify.

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Hey now, I'm a citizen in Minarboria and I split my activity about evenly (granted splitting zero isn't very impressive).
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Kaiser Brrapa VII

Ryker wrote:(granted splitting zero isn't very impressive).
:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I really don't mind if people are part of Minarboria or any other nation (our most active citizens have citizenship elsewhere). I was simply referring to the fact that one could compare that what happened with Minarboria (a brain drain) is the same as a secession of Elwynn, Kildare,... except for not losing pixels. I'm not angry or frustrated about it. I don't even have the right to be, even if I was. :fire:

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

I don't intend to go into too much detail, but my own issue was essentially atmosphere. I start feeling badly repelled from a place where people are arguing and shouting and machinating amongst each other, of which a lot seemed to be happening at the time - here, and elsewhere in Bastion. Faced with the idea of sharing a somewhat more cordial sanctuary with people I knew I worked well with, it seemed an attractive prospect. :geek:

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Well, the last drains have weakened our nation substantially however. I honestly thought that Shireroth wouldn't survive 2015. But now that it has, it is up to us to bring activity and people back. And so far, we are doing that.

Return to “Secret Evil Plans”