Expansion

Home to Operation Impending Doom III
Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Re: Expansion

Post by Shyriath »

I'll have to find out how far my remit goes. Some negotiation was needed to arrive at the current situation.

This is how it stands now, if you need a summary:

-Benacia is going to be split off from Acaridea to become an integral part of Lichbrook.
-The rest is a protectorate of Lichbrook, but in the event of Yardistan regaining Imperial Statehood it is to be returned to Yardistan.

Keep in mind that Rossheim's input should be gained before making any changes - the necrarchs are still suzerains over the protectorate - but a way to approach it would be to divide the protectorate into two, with one under your administration, consisting of Florencia. So long as both protectorates continued to adhere to the same conditions - remaining associated with Lichbrook, to revert to Yardistan in the event of its return to statehood - I don't imagine it would cause any major problems.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

Given the complicated nature of the situation, would it be easier on everyone if I simply took So-Sara and let you guys do what you need to do to sort out Acaridea?

Sonata Green

Post by Sonata Green »

I am broadly opposed to military expansion for its own sake, but in favor of expansion by means of diplomatic acquisition of existing states. That is, if one of our neighbors wants to become a Duchy, then we should allow them to do so; and if they do not, then perhaps we should attempt to (peaceably) convince them otherwise.

Anna Green
Countess of Íseirdia-la-Vraulalennir
Sealholder of the House of Green

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Orion wrote:Given the complicated nature of the situation, would it be easier on everyone if I simply took So-Sara and let you guys do what you need to do to sort out Acaridea?
Personally, I don't see the situation as being that complicated. It's a relatively small matter to separate Florencia from Acaridea, re-establish the rest as the Iridian Isles and make both dependencies of Lichbrook...so it can easily be arranged, if that is what you guys would like.

The stipulation that these territories will revert to Yardistan if/when it regains full statehood is essentially a gentlemen's agreement, but I have no doubt that you would both honour it if it came to that.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Orion

Post by Orion »

That works for me, I simply didn't want to intrude if you had elaborate plans already in the works. And indeed I would adhere to the wishes of returning the territory to Yardistan once they're back on their feet.

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

I have no selfish interests in any former Yardistani territories. Acaridea is very much Shy's baby and if he's happy sharing, then it's "welcome aboard"... :mrgreen:
Mira Raynora the Elder

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Post by Stellus Yastreb »

Mira Raynora Major wrote:The stipulation that these territories will revert to Yardistan if/when it regains full statehood is essentially a gentlemen's agreement, but I have no doubt that you would both honour it if it came to that.
Quite. One of the perks of Shireroth's recent upheavals is that a greater proportion of the remaining population are inclined to conduct themselves in a gentlemanly fashion. It's the one ray of hope I take out of all this.
Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb
- Count of Lunaris in the Duchy of Goldshire
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

I'd like to add that gentlemanly behaviour is an essential aspect of Lichbrook's political culture. At one point I actually considered the possibility of drawing up a "code of conduct" for current and future citizens in consultation with the current participants, but was concerned that might encourage an overly critical atmosphere.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Post by Stellus Yastreb »

Heh... like the good old communist micronations. Those were the days... :whip:
Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb
- Count of Lunaris in the Duchy of Goldshire
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Heh. Although I was more concerned with external criticism...
Mira Raynora the Elder

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Orion wrote:That works for me, I simply didn't want to intrude if you had elaborate plans already in the works.
Possibly I might have developed some at some point, but right now and for the forseeable future, I have none.
Mira Raynora Major wrote:I have no selfish interests in any former Yardistani territories. Acaridea is very much Shy's baby and if he's happy sharing, then it's "welcome aboard"... :mrgreen:
It's fine with me, yep.
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

Orion

Post by Orion »

So should I make any changes to the forum? Rename or split Acaridea?

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Florencia should probably inherit most of the contents of the current Acaridea forum anyway, so I'd say you can take it and rename it or not as you like. As for Benacia and the Iridian Isles, in theory they could each have their own forum, but since they'll be sort of governed together, it may be best to have them remain in one forum for now: "County of Benacia and the Dependency of the Iridian Isles", maybe. The two threads I began in Acaridea could then be transferred over to it.

Orion

Post by Orion »

Tis done, m'condolord.

I didn't think anyone actually kept those names for the Sarein Archipelago. :p

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

It took me quite a while to dig them up. =p

Return to “Secret Evil Plans”