A Question

Home to Operation Impending Doom III
Deimos Jasonides

Re: A Question

Post by Deimos Jasonides »

Also note that only the extremist pyromanic denomination of Cedrism, Boomism, is banned in Elwynn for reasons of national security.
Deimos Jasonides| Деймоос Ясооннаи | Deimoos Jasoonnai
Grand Officer of the Holy Order of the Strait of Barbary
Former Prime Minister of the State of Talenore
Former Sovereign Prince of Elwynn

Just another Ric

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Ryabin Merkayastreb wrote:I think more work needs to be done on the Cedrist religion as a bonding factor for all Shirerithians, with a view to incorporating other more regional beliefs as diverse satellites orbiting around a Cedrist axis (which is how Cedrism really got going in the first place).
I think that's doomed to fail. Several States and even Counties have chosen their own religions. Besides, Cedrism never was popular in the eastern parts (before catologism in Kildare, Soloralism was the major religious group; and I thought that Aryasht had err... what's the name of their religion again?).

I can only talk for the Kildari, of course, but Kildari despise Cedrism not only for current religious reasons but historical ones (the purges by certain Erik-kaiserships in the past), with exception of their adoration of Sakat (which was also adopted in the Catologian pantheon). The Melangians are a bit less dense concerning this issue if I'm not mistaking, so it depends from area to area, of course. And I would almost forget about the Lumina-worshiping, and even Malarbor (also in Kildarian catologism) that are still widely spread. So, there are some points in religious affairs the are the same. But to get the crowd enthusiast to bring Cedrism to the East is almost non-existent among the Kildari.

Just to say that a kind of cult for the Kaiser would be more successful in our Dutchy. :wink:
Perhaps also the Imperial Ministries can take a more pro-active approach to providing their services in the States and having more of a working relationship with their counterparts in those States. At present you've got one bureaucracy in Shirekeep and another serving the same function in a given State, and ne'er the twain shall meet. As the States have all the sovereignty, the Imperial Govt. gets sidelined. A little blending of functions would be good. When was the last time we had an Imperial census, for crying out loud?
Nothing wrong with some co-operation, yes. :8

EDIT: Perhaps I should make clear that I don't mind Cedrist developments at all, but I doubt it will be something that will unite Shireroth. For that, there are too many other religions present between our borders.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Tokaray al-Osman

Post by Tokaray al-Osman »

Jonas wrote:I thought that Aryasht had err... what's the name of their religion again?
Hasan's Anus, if I've read the translation of the Pure Nafticon correctly.
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Lyssansa Rossheim

Post by Lyssansa Rossheim »

Kai Jackson wrote:I concur with Dr. al-Osman's statements. A strong Kaiser is the bedrock upon which the Imperial Republic is built.
A sensible Kaiser who listens to what the rest of Shireroth actually want is the bedrock upon which the Imperial Republic is built.
Ryabin Merkayastreb wrote:I'm also with the Doctor on this. We're getting perilously close to a point where the States can routinely ignore Imperial authority at will, and get away with it.
What frustrates me is that some states aren't trying to challenge imperial authority, yet they are being hit by the half-baked responses to the ones that are. Kildare's Dutch cooks up some shady deals with the Jingadoese and gets himself ritually killed, so the Kaiser's response is to ban the heads of all Imperial States from travelling abroad without the MiniEx's say so; of course Lichbrook is going to flout such a restriction, because it means Lyssanss needs to ask permission to visit her daughter over the border in Highpass!

If the Imperial authorities want more power and influence then they need to start using their heads and stop needlessly antagonising potential friends among the states.

Now I do understand the paradox we face. Conflict is exciting and stability can be boring, but too much conflict (particularly if it mutates into genuine OOC bad feeling) will tear the country apart. We need to find the right balance, preferably one that accepts that different people have different tolerance levels.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Princess and Lichgravine of Lywind, Baroness of Solecism

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

Ryabin Merkayastreb wrote:Cedrism: a bunch of the most exceptionally good mortals who became Gods upon dying, keeping the world in balance with a bunch of the most exceptionally bad mortals who became Dæomons upon dying. The Gods currently have the upper hand since the Dæmonic ring-leader Rrakanychan was put in cosmic shackles by the God-Kaiser Raynor. At some point Rrakanychan will summon enough strength back to bring on the End Times, and some giant battle will break out - though nobody knows the result.
That's rather amusing for us ancient people in that Erik becomes his own worst enemy. =p

As far as Aryasht and religion are concerned, mainland Aryasht may follow a single religion but the Dyre Islands are broken up into several religions, including Lamaism (Rulak), Babki Zoroastrianism (Ashk Darya, Ziba, Eblis), and several as yet undefined others.

Lyssansa Rossheim

Post by Lyssansa Rossheim »

Ryabin Merkayastreb wrote:Cedrism: a bunch of the most exceptionally good mortals who became Gods upon dying
Rhodondra and Spleazure: a pair of quarrelling twin-siblings who ascended to the Celestial Temple after simultaneously murdering one another.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Princess and Lichgravine of Lywind, Baroness of Solecism

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

because it means Lyssanss needs to ask permission to visit her daughter over the border in Highpass!
No it doesn't.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Even in mainland Aryasht there are several religions including two native ones.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

The combination of Sutherlandian and Rathasian beliefs has led to a new religion in Suthergold, there are shrines and other places of worship scattered throughout my County's settlements. Kingsgate is prepared to erect any place of worship requested by people from states/nations which are active in the construction (and later the diplomatic affairs) of the city. I practice Cedrism's denomination which holds that all Kaisers are a sort of god-king.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Return to “Secret Evil Plans”