Mahapur II: Lets be Proactive

Home to Operation Impending Doom III
Lyssansa Rossheim

Re: Mahapur II: Lets be Proactive

Post by Lyssansa Rossheim »

Umm...who said anything about getting rid of the stick-fighters?! I suspect I need to explain my plans regarding Option 2 a little more fully.

Highpass has a developed, fun culture. However, unless we want to retcon certain recent events, it can be assumed that many of the original inhabitants (the Passikaans) left with the Sanillans, leaving the county rather underpopulated.

Meanwhile, over Cibola, things aren't going so well with Leichenberg, IC and OOC. In terms of the latter, it was fun when I was developing the place alongside Orion and Ric- with Alexandria and Jingdao active across the border- but that has all ceased. IC, Leichenberg essentially consists of a handful of Cibolan Saxon colonies scattered around a mostly uninhabited landscape; it distinctiveness comes less from a strong culture as from a quirky political system (which is similar to that found in Lichbrook).

My idea involved transporting the Leichenbergish burghers and ruling elite to Highpass; they would colonise and revitalise the cities (which are likely to have been hit hardest by the Sanillan exodus), but outside the urban areas, the Passikaan ways would continue. Stickfighting and the Way of the Veldt would all survive; indeed they would likely be co-opted by the incomers. So the distinctive identity of Highpass would be maintained, just as the Laqi and Lywinders remain in Lichbrook.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Princess and Lichgravine of Lywind, Baroness of Solecism

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Well, since you have given it that much thought, all is well, but how can you move anyone into Highpass if your first point on Proposal 2 is Lichbrook losing ALL of Highpass? A mistake?

Some of the Passikaaners will have left with the Sanilla exodus, but not all. We agreed to respect the departure of Sanilla (fat lot of good it did them :( ), but the culture of Solecism Barony is older than that, including Passikaans.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Lyssansa Rossheim

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:Well, since you have given it that much thought, all is well, but how can you move anyone into Highpass if your first point on Proposal 2 is Lichbrook losing ALL of Highpass? A mistake?
OOC, Shireroth gives up Highpass in return for Aryasht's territory; then I claim Higpass in return for most or even all of Leichenberg. It's basically a three-way land swap.

IC, Lichbrook and Leichenberg are ruled by the same family so it's not implausible...and I have a delicious and humorous plan which I won't reveal here because it will ruin the surprise (and it requires a few pieces falling into place).
Some of the Passikaaners will have left with the Sanilla exodus, but not all. We agreed to respect the departure of Sanilla (fat lot of good it did them :( ), but the culture of Solecism Barony is older than that, including Passikaans.
Oh, agreed. I'm just making the assumption that those living in the towns (including the Lakhesian population, some 17% of the total) are more likely to have left than the diehard rural dwellers.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

That makes it much clearer. Thanks. Proposal 2 seems goodly.

Lyssansa Rossheim

I just need one more thing to fall into place...and I will probably also sound out Craitman.

However, there is one thing I must emphasise: once I set in motion this transaction, it will be very hard for me to back out...so I do need a clear decision.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

Everyone sign in blood.

Tokaray al-Osman

Post by Tokaray al-Osman »

How about:

1. The Kaiser & the Plenipotentiaries of the Imperial States of Elwynn & Lichbrook swear and affirm that it has been agreed between them in the year 5222 ASC that:
  1. Lichbrook evacuates Highpass
  2. Elwynn evacuates Ezkaron
  3. Imperial County is divided: Foley Circle goes to Elwynn, St Zor and Ananda's Colosseum Circles to Lichbrook/Yardistan with Shirekeep Circle remaining with the Kaiser.*
  4. Lun Ezkaron and Highpass are exchanged for bringing Aryasht into the Imperial Republic
  5. [Outside of Shireroth Leichenberg is exchanged for Highpass]
2. The parties sign this agreement in the full understanding that if they renege on these particulars in any way without the prior knowledge and consent of the other parties they will be subject to the penalty of being fed alive to Malarbor, feet first.

3. On this understanding they do now affix their signatures to this agreement.

[Insert Squiggles]
*(Do we still want Kai as Ford Prefect?)
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Out of curiosity, what is the internal strategic calculus in Shireroth regarding Aryasht?
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

I assume by "Shirekeep Circle" you mean Shirekeep inside the city walls?

Deimos Jasonides

Post by Deimos Jasonides »

Aryeztur wrote:Out of curiosity, what is the internal strategic calculus in Shireroth regarding Aryasht?
What do you even mean?
Deimos Jasonides| Деймоос Ясооннаи | Deimoos Jasoonnai
Grand Officer of the Holy Order of the Strait of Barbary
Former Prime Minister of the State of Talenore
Former Sovereign Prince of Elwynn

Just another Ric

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

I'm also confused of the question.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

I think you guys [Shireroth and its internal organs] need to figure out what you want to give up in order to gain Aryasht (and ONLY Aryasht - if you want something else, do it in another treaty). Get it signed, sealed and delivered. Then present us [Aryasht] with terms for joining.

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

The treaty was signed and ratified. We are currently figuring out what Shireroth can drop to successfully lodge the MCS claim.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

I mean, what does Shireroth want out of getting Aryasht? What does it gain? You're fighting pretty hard for this. I'm not being suspicious or anything, I'm just curious.

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Shireroth, for many reasons and not least of which is my and Octy's personal friendships and interests in Aryasht/what's left of Antica, has put forward the possibility of annexing Aryasht since it failed as an independent state. The arguments that have followed are Shirerithian internal politicking and really haven't got much to do with Aryasht specifically, they're caused by our MCS restriction. We are days, hours, less than a dozen posts away from having everything settled.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Lyssansa Rossheim

Aryeztur wrote:I mean, what does Shireroth want out of getting Aryasht? What does it gain? You're fighting pretty hard for this. I'm not being suspicious or anything, I'm just curious.
Umm...isn't it a little late in the day to be worrying about that?

I can't speak for others, but I'm motivated by a certain utilitarian mindset: Shireroth is supposed to be fun for its participants, so I'm seeking a solution that makes the greatest number of citizens happy (or at least makes some citizens happy with making others unhappy). I also believe that Shireroth needs to grow and change if it is to remain worthwhile, and the acquisition of Aryasht is part of that process.
Kaiser Aiomide wrote:I assume by "Shirekeep Circle" you mean Shirekeep inside the city walls?
The Elwynnese divided the Imperial County into four circles or bailiwicks: Foley, St Zor, Ananda's Colosseum and Shirekeep. For want of anything better, I was proposing to maintain those divisions...but then I understood Shirekeep Circle to encompass a smaller area- the easternmost part of the city. The problem lies with the discrepancy between the MCS map and the detailed map of Shirekeep, but I'm sure we can work something out.

That aside...Ardy's agreement looks okay. I would like to talk to Craitman first, though.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

I wasn't worrying about anything. If anything, it seemed to me that a lot of people are putting a lot of effort into this, considering my personal impression that the acquisition of Aryasht isn't overly important or strategic, both in terms of land or citizens. But don't get me wrong, I'm glad and touched by the effort. I'm glad this this is part of something greater as well and am happy to be a part of that process. Other than the Kaiser and Benkern, Rossheim has been a major support for us, and we will not forget that in the future.

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

Well, I did like the idea of bringing Aryasht into Shireroth properly. And following from that, all of the hair-tearing of actually trying to accomplish that. It'd be nice to actually just get it done.

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Its also generated activity.

Kaiser Aiomide

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

Grief!

Return to “Secret Evil Plans”