Q&A with the MiniEx

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) MiniEx

Juana Beazcoetxea

Q&A with the MiniEx

Post by Juana Beazcoetxea »

Every week there is a questions-and-answers session with the Imperial Minister from members of the press corps.
Juana Beazcoetxea, Lady Dragonmoor
Lady of Kinnladehügel–Gakkotsuzuka
Imperial Minister of the Exterior, Shireroth

Juana Beazcoetxea

Re: Q&A with the MiniEx

What is the Minister's view on Crexit and Gerxit?

If the gentleman is referring to the withdrawal of Craitland and Gerenia from the Voorpost Pact, the view of the Imperial Government remains as it always is: The Imperial Republic takes a non-interference policy into other sovereign countries' matters. We respect sovereignty and the sovereign decisions made by other countries. We have cooperated with Craitland and Gerenia before on a wide of range of matters, and I do not foresee any less cooperation after their withdrawals from the Pact.

Does the Minister not feel a sense of Schadenfreude over Crexit and Gerxit?

I do not feel Schadenfreude. It is the sovereign right of Craitland and Gerenia to make such decisions within their own sphere of sovereignty as they wish, and the Imperial Government takes a non-interference policy towards other countries' internal matters.

But is the Minister not happy that these exits will help bring an end to the USSO and have Shireroth declared victors in the war against Jingdao and Pallisica?

The Imperial Republic has never been at war with either Gerenia nor Craitland, and has no desire to engage with either of them in war. Shireroth remains at a formal state of war with the Bassarid Federation, and while the Shirerithian part has repeatedly offered conditions for peace, the Bassarids have never accepted the terms of peace. I do not foresee this being changed after the withdrawal of Gerenia and Craitland from the Voorpost Pact.

What is the Minister's opinion of the announcement of marriage between her predecessor Prince Hallbjörn and Princess Phillipa of Victoria? Will she wish them well?

I have no view on it. I am not in contact with either of the engaged parties, and therefore there is no reason for me to send them any wishes whatsoever.

Juana Beazcoetxea

Will the visa requirements for Craitish and Gerenian citizens be lessened now?

Visa policies are decided on a reciprocal basis. Unless there is a mutual will, there will be no change.

But minister, do you want a change?

As minister, I want only what is in the interest of the Imperial Republic. Reciprocal visa regimes are in the interest of the Imperial Republic.

I feel like you're not answering the question.

And that was not a question. Next question!

Does the minister foresee any thawing of relations with Stormark?

The government has no plan to engage with Stormark.

But what do you foresee in terms of our relations with Stormark?

I foresee that the government plans will be upheld.

But what are the government plans on Stormark?

The government has no relations with the Storish government, and has no plans of reestablishing any.

Juana Beazcoetxea

Minister, what is your comment on the engagement of Queen Victoria of Caputia with Francis Joseph of Alexandria?

I am immensely happy for the couple. I have had the joy of meeting both the Queen and Prince Francis Joseph. The Queen deserves every piece of happiness, and I am glad that Francis Joseph – with whom I worked closely when I was active in the Alexandrian government – a formidable man, will be by her side. It is a wonderful thing that the House of Carillo will be able to live on in a sitting royal family.

I would also like to take the opportunity now to congratulate Francis Joseph's sister, Princess Alexandra, and her fiancé the Sapa Wechua, Manco Cápac, of the Wechua Nation. This too is a great step of joy, and having had the pleasure of meeting these esteemed royal individuals myself, I am confident that their marriage will be blossoming and full of happiness and love.

I am told that the Kaiser and Steward share these sentiments and that they find comfort in these notices of engagements so soon after the untimely death of the great emperor Edgard the Second, whose loss the Kaiser continues to mourn.

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

From the Shirekeep Sentinel:

Minister, what is the policy of the Imperial Republic towards the alleged war-criminal and fugitive, the former Steward Waldemar Zinkgraven, and his band of followers in the Warring Isles? Does the Minister accept that it is the policies of the Imperial Government which exacerbated and prolonged the war, especially on Keltia, making the Imperial Republic directly culpable for the endemic piracy in the Great Western Seas, the Brettish Isles, the Warring Isles, and the coast of Nova England?

Juana Beazcoetxea

The Tarjeisson Trust wrote:From the Shirekeep Sentinel:

Minister, what is the policy of the Imperial Republic towards the alleged war-criminal and fugitive, the former Steward Waldemar Zinkgraven, and his band of followers in the Warring Isles? Does the Minister accept that it is the policies of the Imperial Government which exacerbated and prolonged the war, especially on Keltia, making the Imperial Republic directly culpable for the endemic piracy in the Great Western Seas, the Brettish Isles, the Warring Isles, and the coast of Nova England?
Waldemar Zinkgraven is a fugitive and not a representative of the Imperial Government. He is ordered under imperial decree to return to Shirekeep for processing. His actions are not reflective of the government's views. The Imperial Republic strives for freedom and peace, and concerns itself with a policy of non-interference with the internal matters of all nations.

Every effort is being made to return Zinkgraven to Shirekeep for processing.

Juana Beazcoetxea

Has the Minister heard of the Caputian parliamentary resolution that was just passed that "Expresses it sincere gratitude" and "admiration" to the Kaiser for his state visit and remarks?

It is a joyous piece of news, isn't it! Yes, I have heard it. I have not yet received the foreign minister, but I am sure I will. The Kaiser's state visit to Caputia was a wonderful event – it truly brought our two nations together. Caputia and Shireroth have a close and ongoing relationship, one that is built on respect, mutual understanding, and common goals in sight.

The Imperial Republic is very grateful to the Caputian parliament and state for the grace they showed our kaiser when he visited them.

The Kaiser himself has not yet received these news, as correspondence are only shared with him if officialized properly. We take every precaution to avoid "fake news" infiltrate the mind of our young kaiser. But I am certain that once he receives the news, he will be immensely honoured. The Kaiser keeps talking a lot about his Caputian visit, relating that it was once of his happiest memories as kaiser so far.

Kalgachi Envoy

Post by Kalgachi Envoy »

Seth Glitterbug, Bergburger Tagblatt:

1. Does the Shirerithian government consider the people of Kalgachia, through their genetic inheritance, to have accumulated arrears of debt in fealty to the Kaiser? If so, a) to what extent is Shireroth willing to enforce the payment of such debt, and b) are Kalgachis of Ashkenatzan descent considered to owe submission to the Kaiser despite having no Shirerithian blood?

2. Does the MiniEx still adhere to the Alexander Doctrine, wherein relations with foreign states are principally framed in terms of engineering their annexation into Shireroth?

3. Is the Minister confident in her ability to prevent the compromise of Imperial foreign policy by independent actors of the Shirerithian military-industrial complex and its ideological sponsors, as happened during the Mulcher Affair with Minarboria? Is the summons of Mr. Zinkgraven to Shirekeep part of a wider initiative in this regard?

4. What is the long-term policy of the Shirerithian government towards the Kingdom of Nova England at this time?

Juana Beazcoetxea

Does the Shirerithian government consider the people of Kalgachia, through their genetic inheritance, to have accumulated arrears of debt in fealty to the Kaiser? If so, a) to what extent is Shireroth willing to enforce the payment of such debt, and b) are Kalgachis of Ashkenatzan descent considered to owe submission to the Kaiser despite having no Shirerithian blood?
Shireroth and Kalgachia are equal states, as reaffirmed by our mutual treaty which sets out the formal basis for relations between Kalgachia and Shireroth, and is the doctrine that governs relations between our countries. Matters of ideology as well as the finer points of individual and collective points of morality and faith, up to and including the final eschatological determination of the fate of the cosmos, fall outside the scope of the treaty and can have no bearing on state interactions whilst the treaty remains in effect.
Does the MiniEx still adhere to the Alexander Doctrine, wherein relations with foreign states are principally framed in terms of engineering their annexation into Shireroth?
The Imperial Republic is a Benacian empire and the Alexander Doctrine, exploiting the cupidity and stupidity of certain long dead foreigners during the first two centuries of the modern era, brought the Imperial Republic a vast non-sensical colonial empire with maddening geopolitical commitments. We respect the sovereignty of our allies, our trading partners, and those sensible neutral countries who have embraced the path of non-alignment and moved to distance themselves from the rotting corpse of the Voorpost Pact. Our strategic interests are determined by our resolve to defend our Imperial Republic, our Benacian continent, the resulting sphere of influence, and our allies. The Alexander Doctrine, by its very nature, is incompatable with this.
Is the Minister confident in her ability to prevent the compromise of Imperial foreign policy by independent actors of the Shirerithian military-industrial complex and its ideological sponsors, as happened during the Mulcher Affair with Minarboria? Is the summons of Mr. Zinkgraven to Shirekeep part of a wider initiative in this regard?
If I were not confident in my abilities, I would not serve as minister. There are no independent actors in Shirerithian foreign policy which, alongside our defence and security policy, is determined at the highest level by the Imperial Advisory Council. Burgrave van Zinkgraven has ordered by imperial decree to immediately return to Shireroth so that a proper inquiry into his conduct can be concluded. Instead of doing so he has absconded with Imperial property. As a consequence of which he must be deemed an enemy of the Imperial Republic until such time as he has made a complete submission and restitution to the Golden Mango Throne or else he becomes interdicted by other means.
What is the long-term policy of the Shirerithian government towards the Kingdom of Nova England at this time?
The Kingdom of Nova England, although blinded by antipathy that dates back to its misguided intervention in the War of Jeremy's Nose [the Gascon War], is regarded as a fellow humanist regime - accordingly we consider the long term interests of the human supremacy to be ensured by a survival of the Nova English. As such our desire is for peace. However we shall continue to exercise our rights, afforded under Imperial Decree 988, to take from the territorial waters of the Jing occupied Brettish Isles, whatever we desire. If the Nova English prudently refrain from interfering in this exercise of our Imperial Rights then no further letters of marque will be issued authorising our captains to enter Nova English territorial waters.

Juana Beazcoetxea

Can the Lady Minister comment on why such swift action was taken to achieve Talenore's independence, if Talenore was just going to be swallowed up by Iteru the day after?
Shireroth has consistently supported the Talenorian right of self-determination. There was no reason to have a longer period of transition as our negotiations went swiftly and an architecture for Talenorian sovereignty was already in place. Thanks to our excellent Imperial High Commission in Talenore and the new government in Talenore, everything went smoothly. We have been very fortunate in everything going very well.

Now, what the Talenorians decided as independent is out of Shireroth's sphere.
But, Minister, surely the Talenorians were already thinking about Iteru before independence?
As I said, what Talenore does is Talenore's business. As a sovereign state they have every right to do whatever they want with their country. Shireroth respects that and engages in the policy of non-interference with the internal affairs of other countries. Talenore's constitutional status is Talenore's own business.
There are allegations that Mahmood Sadri orchestrated a coup d'état in Talenore to bring the presidency to him, so that he could immediately give his island to Iteru. What is the Minister's opinion on this?
The Imperial Ministry of the Exterior does not comment on rumours.

Juana Beazcoetxea

Can the Lady Minister give a comment on the international rejection of the Shirerithian claims along the Kalgachian and Kasterburg borders? Does Shireroth rescind its claims?
The Shirerithian government respects the opinion of the international community on the matter of sovereign borders. The MCS is a system that has worked well for centuries – a system that Shireroth was among the founders of – and today remains the only sovereign power from the founding to still be there. As the saying goes, we are Shireroth, time is on our side.

Does the Imperial Government then recognize the Republic of Inner Benacia as a sovereign power?
The Imperial Republic generally bases the credibility of sovereign powers on their membership in the MCS – though exceptions have occurred. At this moment, the Imperial Government has not yet fully decided its approach to Inner Benacia.

The Minister has been seen meeting with the President of the Florian Republic. What can she say about that meeting?
It is my job to meet with foreign dignitaries. The Florian Republic and the Imperial Republic are joined in a peace treaty, so obviously, there are always matters that need to be discussed.
Has the Florian president made any requests?
The Florian Republic has been a loyal and cooperative partner in the implementation of the peace treaty. The Imperial Republic is much pleased with the implementation in Floria. The content of any discussions between the President and me are, of course, private. Private matters remain private, even for Florians.

Does the Minister hold grudges against the Florian Republic for leaving Shireroth? She holds, after all, a title of nobility associated with a Florian city.
I am well aware of the title of nobility I hold, there is no need for you to mention that.

The Florian Republic left the Imperial Republic in accordance with a treaty that had been agreed between our two countries. Everything was done legally.

The Florian Republic has since then taken measures to implement the peace treaty, which is a positive step for closer relations in the future between the Imperial and Florian Republics. I look forward to closer relations.

Juana Beazcoetxea

What can the Minister say to reassure Shireroth's friends and allies on Shireroth's capabilities to have a government given how things went sour in the Landsraad?

First of all – these things happen in representative government. Sometimes people cannot agree, and sometimes – though rarely – there is no plurality for one candidate. That is what happened here. The Charter envisioned this. It states clearly that if the Landsraad fails to elect a Steward the outgoing Steward remains Steward until such time that the Landsraad has confirmed a Steward. So we will wait for the Landsraad to confirm one for the next term. There is no reason to worry, the government works just as well as it has ever.

Currently the Imperial Government is concerned with the preliminary talks with Jingdao to turn our armistice into a lasting peace treaty. As you can imagine, just getting the Jingdaoese to join preliminary talks is a huge step, and shows how well our government is working for peace.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Caputian government for its wonderful mediating efforts. As a neutral party, Caputia has shown how to help bring peace about. Kudos to them.

Juana Beazcoetxea

Can the Minister comment on the Florian government's repudiation of the police-exchange agreement?

The Florian government repudiated this agreement when it realized that its people are far too racist to accommodate Shirerithian helpers. President Cooke himself acknowledged this. The kind of behaviour the Shirerithian police officers have endured in Floria is appalling. To them, like to all Shirerithians, racism is abhorrent, and to see it widespread in Floria brings much pain to us all. But the police officers returned have testified that there are good things about having experienced racism – they have gained an understanding that less-enlightened nations still suffer with these problems, and that Shirerithian research and solutions to ethnic problems may find use elsewhere, so to bring harmony and peace to all lands.

While the Imperial Republic is saddened that the Florian government has so soon given up battling these anti-human sentiments in its own backyard, we of course acknowledge the Florians' sovereign right to uninvite our police officers. Accordingly, we have evacuated all our officers from the Florian Republic, along with all equipment, in line with the Florian requests. As a last measure before the final evacuation, Shirerithian officers, with the express approval and request of the Florian government, raided several Florian police stations and took possession of several hundred fire-arms. As you all know, fire arms, as any weapons are, are illegal in the Florian Republic under the Peace Treaty in which Floria acknowledged its fault for causing a world war.

The Florian government, I am told, are grateful for the final act of Shirerithian help before the evacuation, so to help Floria remain a law-abiding country that acknowledges its responsibilities under international law.

We remain friendly with the Florian government, and are ready to assist them with whatever they need whenever they need it. Friends stick to one another, never leaving the other behind.

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Can the Minister comment on her husband's absence from the government in Elwynn?

I am not here to discuss Elwynnese politics. I am the minister of the exterior. No questions on internal Shirerithian politics will be answered.

The Minister has been seen visiting the Tellian Mandate. What can she say about that visit?

Indeed, on behalf of the Shirerithian government, I had meetings with the Mandatory government, as well as a lunch meeting with a representative of the government of the Tellian Confederation. We discussed options for further cooperation between Mandate and Confederation.

The Minister has been quiet lately. What diplomatic initiatives is the Minister undertaking?

I apologize for my quietness – I am not used to reporting everything I do for the Imperial Republic to the media. On the diplomatic scene, I can report that there are negotiations with the Transbatavian government along with Batavian NGO's for the future direction of the Batavian nation. Furthermore, we have begun negotiations with the Craitish government on reassuming diplomatic relations. We're also a SANE conference to discuss matters of mutual importance in the Western Alliance.

What is the Minister doing about the Jingdaoese annexation of southern Floria?

It is a dastardly act of the Florian government, doing such an anti-Sane matter. We're of course in consultation with our Natopian allies on the manner, and we have decided in retaliation to this anti-peace act of the Florian government, we'll veto all industrialization attempts in the Florian Republic, all constitutional changes, and everything else that may need Shirerithian approval. Floria is not acting in accordance with the peace treaty – but Shireroth will, now, and forever. Mark my words: We will not let Floria act outside of the peace treaty regime.
Li Naomiai Avon-El
Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine

Princess of Klaasiya, Duchess of Hoffenheim, Marchioness of Sentratera

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)
Secretary of Legal Affairs in the Court of Noble Fountain (Natopia)

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Minister, how does it feel to be Queen Mother of Batavia?

My son's election to King of the Batavians does not bestow me any power nor give me any titles. Prince David remains in the care of the Shirerithian empire until such time that the Imperial Government and the Batavian Government at Kingsworth have made an agreement otherwise. We envision that such agreement will also touch on matters of cooperation, trade, matters on delineating the borders between the Imperial Dominion of Batavia and the Territory of the Batavian Government at Kingsworth, as well as matters relating to succession in both Shirekeep and Kingsworth.

Does that mean that Shireroth will give land to Batavia?

The Shirerithian government has no plan to bring more territory to the Imperial Dominion of Batavia. We are confident that the dominion is big enough as it is.

I meant, the United Batavian States or the Kingdom of Batavia?

The United Batavian States will, on the assumption of their new constitution, I am told, be renamed the Kingdom of Batavia. In the meantime before their is a confirmation of what is what, the Shirerithian policy is to refer to the government there as the Batavian Government at Kingsworth. Matters of the delineating the border between the Batavian Government at Kingsworth and the Imperial Republic may be dealt by the negotiations between these governments, if it is in their view that such negotiations ought to be made. I will now answer no more questions on Batavia.

Can the Minister comment on the RIB situation?

Indeed, I can. The Imperial Government and the government of the Republic of Inner Benacia are currently engaging in fruitful, constructive, and honest discussions on the question of their mutual future relationship. It brings me hope to see that the Inner Benacian government and the Imperial government already have made much progress in bringing their alignment closer to one another. Friendly relations with all of Shireroth's neighbours, excepting of course Stormark, is a priority.

But aren't we blackmailing the Ribbers to be subjugated to our forces?

No. The suggestion is preposterous. All discussions between the Inner Benacian government and the Imperial government are made without any duress. All agreements will be made by mutual satisfaction. The Imperial government does not bully. The Imperial government recognizes the sanctity of each country's sovereignty, and expects all countries to recognize Shireroth's sovereignty with the same degree of respect.

What can the Minister say about Kalgachia's occupation of Ermingander?

The Imperial government supported Kalgachia's promise to defend Ermingander, but now we see that the question of defence of Ermingander, or Mondo, is becoming more a charade for a Kalgachian design of subjugating the free people of Mondo/Ermingander, and dragging them into the Garden of Kalgachia. The Imperial Republic will not support an extension of the Garden's borders. The independence and sovereignty of Mondo and Ermingander must be guaranteed. The Kalgachian government must stop its attempts of wanton Kalgachification of the Ermingander landscape. Do not turn it into a garden, keep it free, keep it wild, keep it Mondo's.
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

What can the Minister say about Kalgachia's occupation of Ermingander?

The Imperial government supported Kalgachia's promise to defend Ermingander, but now we see that the question of defence of Ermingander, or Mondo, is becoming more a charade for a Kalgachian design of subjugating the free people of Mondo/Ermingander, and dragging them into the Garden of Kalgachia. The Imperial Republic will not support an extension of the Garden's borders. The independence and sovereignty of Mondo and Ermingander must be guaranteed. The Kalgachian government must stop its attempts of wanton Kalgachification of the Ermingander landscape. Do not turn it into a garden, keep it free, keep it wild, keep it Mondo's.

Daily Mail & Telegraph of Eliria: This is a rather serious policy change is it not? The Imperial Government has hitherto taken a relaxed attitude towards the Northbloom Protectorate. Does the Minister accept that her comments will be construed by Kalgachia as being potentially hostile and the precusor to a "forward move" into territory that has already been effectively ceded to the suzerainty of the Garden?

Shirekeep Gazette: Was this policy change discussed at the IAC before it was announced? Does the Minister still enjoy the confidence of the Steward and her fellow councillors?

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

The Tarjeisson Trust wrote: Daily Mail & Telegraph of Eliria: This is a rather serious policy change is it not? The Imperial Government has hitherto taken a relaxed attitude towards the Northbloom Protectorate. Does the Minister accept that her comments will be construed by Kalgachia as being potentially hostile and the precusor to a "forward move" into territory that has already been effectively ceded to the suzerainty of the Garden?
You are wrong. The Imperial Republic has consistently championed the rights of small nations. We support them. We guard their independence against colonizers.

The Imperial Republic was supportive of Kalgachia's commitment to defend Mondo/Ermingander, and will remain supportive should Kalgachia withdraw its colonizing tactics.

This is no shift, sir, this is upholding the same principles that Shirerithian diplomacy has consistently had.

Kalgachia may continue to vow to protect Mondo/Ermingander – but such measure shall not indicate the establishment of an occupying government. That is something the Imperial Republic can never support.

If Kalgachia wishes to be paranoid about this, that is the Garden's prerogative. But Kalgachia knows very well not to interfere with the freedom of free nations. The power dynamics of Kalgachia on Mondo is the same as Shireroth to Kalgachia. A large neighbour close to a smaller one. Surely Kalgachia would want us to support Kalgachia's freedom and non-interference too?
Shirekeep Gazette: Was this policy change discussed at the IAC before it was announced? Does the Minister still enjoy the confidence of the Steward and her fellow councillors?
Again, the matter is no shift, it is no policy change. The Kalgachians changed their policy when they established a government in Mondo. The Kaiser's government does not condone the foreign subjugation of free peoples against the principles of the law of nations.

The Steward and the Imperial Advisory Council are behind me on this. It is a policy they have had since the end of Zinkhaven's government, and a policy that the Imperial Government will continue to have.
Last edited by Li Naomiai on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Shirekeep Vindicator: Does the Minister have a life insurance provider she can recommend?

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

The Tarjeisson Trust wrote:Shirekeep Vindicator: Does the Minister have a life insurance provider she can recommend?
The Imperial Government does not interfere with the free market, and can therefore not recommend any specific commercial opportunities.
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”