Cedrism 2.0 Scratchpad

All reverence is due to the Highest Divinity and Our Lord the Radiant Sun!

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kaiser Dominus

Cedrism 2.0 Scratchpad

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

1. That the religion's aesthetic and theology will be influenced by Aztec ritual, Tibetan demonology and Mesopotamian legends
  2. In the consideration of the Cedrist clergy, the chthonic/Gnostic aspects of Minarborealism, the daemonic aspects of Balgurd and other associated creatures such as the Ohl'tar from the 'good old days' have a common origin in the pre-history of Micras before it was terraformed to be made habitable for humans... and that Minarborealism/Lichdom is a resurgence of the chthonic forces that heralds the approach of the end times. The mines of Germania postulated by the Catologian heresy probably spring from a similar inhuman source of inspiration.
  3. Dæmons have a corporeal form in their own realm on a tangential plane of existence
  4. Dæmonic intrusions into the mortal realm take two forms; spectral, in the form perceived and reported as 'Dæmon Fish' by surviving witnesses, and corporeal by certain portals, the last of which was found and sealed by a certain iteration of Krasniy. There may be others...
  5. Dæmonic resurgences have occurred more frequently in the early history of Shireroth more regularly than is generally admitted, the last being in the reigns of the Kaisers John I & II. These unfortunate lapses have hitherto been either passed over in silence or else suppressed by the efficacious flinging about of damnatio memoriae.
  6. The Cults of Mors has moved beyond the sacrifice of citrus fruits. The Prefect may be asked to do something about this as the stench of burnt flesh is upsetting the tourists and deterring investors.

Kaiser Dominus

Re: Cedrism 2.0 Scratchpad

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

For reference in regards to point 2:
Some supplementary guff about my own my own backburner notion; the pre-history of Micras, or 'how did a bunch of humans find themselves on another planet with no recollection of how they got there' and the counterpart Minarborian perspective.
It's an idea that I've tiptoed round the edges of before, but now I'm considering it from the other angle - what if the colonisation attempt failed and the unique characteristics (Lichdom etc, the vast swathes of the 'green' which are inimical to human civilisation) of this world are in some way representative of attempts by the indigenous ecosystem to reassert itself even two million years after the extinction event represented by the terraforming of the planet, manifested through upheavals that the surviving and diminished human populations remember imperfectly (the Micronian Plague, the destruction of Khaz Modan, the doom of Valtia (although that last one is a bit too close a borrowing from Game of Thrones that I'd avoid mention of it), the little gremlin that got into the Antican AI, the madness that infected the Atterans, the Babkhans and latterly the Jingdaoese, and the general malaise of entropy that sees the human population decline and those who remain seeking to alter themselves into something new... or something very, very old.
Krasniy wrote:[...] the Spirit of the Garden as a process of Gnostic liberation from the control freakery of some celestial archon which has long kept the humanoids of Micras in line with meteor-based 'police actions' such as the destruction of Khaz Modani Empire and the gifting of a lump of iron that made the Sword of Vengeance to promote the rise of Raynor and the technomaezji - enforcing through them a sort of Act of Celestial Enclosure whereby all occluded powers were appropriated and hidden by a fedual class of ascended mortals who became the Cedrist pantheon. Now that process is being slowly but surely reversed; as the archon of the mundane slowly loses its grip on humanity and we see necromantic energies etc. returned to the masses, we see the resurgence of the planet-spirit in the forms you mentioned.

It's a happy narrative coincidence (or, dare I say it, a synchronicity) that the Sword of Fire originally forged by the Khaz Modanis, passed underground to Rrakanychan and eventually captured as a spoil of war by Raynor Me'Jiliad is now in the personal possession of Empress Lyssansa. That and the talisman of Raynorite Imperial power, the old Shirerithian flag, being lowered during the reign of Kaiser Mo'll whose efforts in breaking down the barriers between breather and lich were pioneering for their time and whose work continues through his wife and descendants.

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

manifested through upheavals that the surviving and diminished human populations remember imperfectly (the Micronian Plague, the destruction of Khaz Modan, the doom of Valtia (although that last one is a bit too close a borrowing from Game of Thrones that I'd avoid mention of it)
Valtia is the Icelandic Commonwealth meets Atlantis, so the destruction of Valtia, also known as Valtias Forlǫg, is inspired by the same reason why Atlantis went down: falling out of favour with the Gods.
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I'm going to have to get a closer look at all this. I suppose it is my duty to be the voice of the old guard of Cedrism.
It is from our fruitful hands that we will make this nation perennial with fate.

Heath Belledin

Post by Heath Belledin »

I'm not a fan of the notion of Micras having been terraformed.
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

It would help make sense of some of our wonky climates.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Return to “Office of Rites and Doctrines”