1651/I/E/2: Imperial Map Archive and Archive Standards

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) MiniInt

Mira Octavius-Aryani

1651/I/E/2: Imperial Map Archive and Archive Standards

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

MINISTERIAL EDICT
IMPERIAL MINISTRY OF THE INTERIOR

1651/I/E/2 – 13.IX.1651

ON ESTABLISHING AN IMPERIAL MAP ARCHIVE AND ARCHIVING STANDARDS

Section 1: Imperial Map Archive

This Edict is issued in order to fulfill Imperial Decree Nº 967.

The Ministry of the Interior shall maintained and organize an Imperial Map Archive, or IMA. IMA shall have a forum presence and a wiki presence.

The IMA Forum Presence shall reside within the schedule of this edict, to be revised by the Ministry of the Interior as necessary.

The IMA Wiki Presence shall reside on the ShireWiki and shall consist of any and all maps stored therein.

Section 2: Organization of the IMA

All manifestations shall accord to the following organizational model.

Each map shall be organized into one of the following IMA Categories:
  • National, i.e. maps depicting the entirety of the Imperial Republic;
  • States & Dominions, i.e. regional maps of the Imperial Republic, especially those that depict Imperial States and/or Imperial Dominions, published after 11.X.1595 AN / 4884 ASC;
  • Cities, i.e. maps that depict a city, town, village, or other kind of local space;
  • Historical, i.e. regional maps of the Imperial Republic dated to before the creation of the States System;
  • Foreign, i.e. maps that depict territories outside of the Imperial Republic;
  • Physical, i.e. maps that specifically depict topographic and/or geographic information
  • Thematic, i.e. maps that specifically depict information about the territory depicted beyond other than political borders and sites of major settlements, etc.

Categories may be further subdivided into subcategories where appropriate.

Each map shall have IMA Identifier Information associated with it. This IMA Identifier Information shall contain the following points when available:
  • authorial source;
  • a description of what is depicted,
  • the year produced,
  • the year depicted if it differs from contemporary.

The IMA Forum Presence shall list all available maps in the IMA, organized by category, within the schedule of this edict. Within each category/subcategory, maps shall be listed in chronological order. IMA Identifier Information shall be used as the title for the URL to the map file itself.

The IMA Wiki Presence shall consist of all map files properly formatted to IMA standards. File metadata shall include category tags appropriate to its IMA Categories and any subcategories. The file description shall include the map's IMA Identifier Information. All map files on the ShireWiki shall include a Map category tag.

The IMA Forum Presence shall prefer ShireWiki-hosted map files when multiple sources are available.

Section 3: Principles of Operation

The Ministry of the Interior shall maintain the IMA Forum Presence directly by editing the list document (i.e. this edict's schedule) to include new entries as they are made available to the Ministry.

The Ministry of the Interior shall monitor the ShireWiki for new map file uploads and examine the file metadata to ensure that it conforms to IMA Category and IMA Identifier Information requirements.

The Ministry of the Interior is encourage to actively pursue the uploading of map files to the ShireWiki whenever non-wiki sources are used, in order to avoid loss of map files due to loss of non-wiki hosting.

Mira Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan,
Acting Imperial Minister

Last edited by Mira Octavius-Aryani on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Imperial Map Archive, Forum Listing

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

SCHEDULE: IMPERIAL MAP ACTIVE, FORUM PRESENCE

National
Maps depicting the entirety of the Imperial Republic

States & Dominions
Regional maps published after 11.X.1595 AN / 4884 ASC, especially those depicting Imperial States and/or Imperial Dominions

Cities
Maps that depict a city, town, village, or other kind of local space

Historical
Regional maps published before 11.X.1595 AN / 4884 ASC

Foreign
Maps that depict territories outside of the Imperial Republic

Physical
Maps that depict topographic and/or geographic information

Thematic
Maps that depict information other than specifically political or physical data

Return to “Office of Citizenship and Nobility”