Shirekeep v IR

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kai Jackson

Shirekeep v IR

Post by Kai Jackson »

(a) Kai Jackson
(b) Imperial Republic of Shireroth
(c) On Semisaday the 21st of Ikolstyme 5073 did the Kaiser issue the enclosed Imperial Decree 599, which attempts to illegally carve off those parts of Shirekeep south of the River Elwynn into a separate territory under the eternal control of the present Kaiser and indeed possibly separate from this Imperial Republic, and furthermore contrary to Imperial law which dictates the capital as Shirekeep attempts to make such a territory the seat of government.
(d) LB I, C, 1, c; LB II, E, 3; LB III, C, 2, a; LB VIII, A, 3, b; LB VIII, B, 1; LB VIII, B, 2, b
(e)
Mira Raynora Minor wrote:

IMPERIAL DECREE Nº 599

TO ALL AND SINGULAR to whom these Presents shall come, Her Imperial and Royal Niftiness the Kaiseress of Shireroth sends greeting!

WHEREAS we can no longer guarantee the safety of the people of Shirekeep, most of whom are attacking one another in a a cabbage-fuelled frenzy;

MINDFUL of our obligation to preserve the lives and livelihood of our remaining loyal subjects;

AND RECOGNIZING that many of our so-called subjects are in fact ungrateful morons plotting to overthrow us out of a misguided belief that they have what it takes to govern an entity as ungovernable as this Imperial Republic;

LET IT BE KNOWN that we, Mira Raynora the Younger, Kaiseress of Shireroth, Queen of Lichbrook, Lichgravine of Overdolor, Markhaness of Lachmodan, Countess of Caverden, Woodshire, Lowbrook, Azarea and Ž, Khaness of Karalakh and Kizillakh, Viscountess of Maltenstein, do by these Presents decree that:

1. The Foreign Quarters and all other districts lying to the south of the River Elwynn are hereby removed from the jurisdiction of the City of Shirekeep and reconstituted as the separate City of Lichkeep, which we shall retain in our own hands as our private dominion.

2. The seat of our imperial regime shall be transferred to Fort Tempus, which is hereby renamed Raynora's Keep.

3. Provided one can be found or otherwise procured, a seedling of the great lord of discordant colours, Malarbor, shall be planted outside of Raynora's Keep.

4. Those inhabitants of Shirekeep who are still loyal to us will be relocated to Lichkeep, should they wish it, together with their dependents and as much of their moveable property as can be safely transported.

5. New homes are to be constructed within the Fishian Walls for any families or individuals who wish to relocate.

6. As soon as the relocation is complete, we shall cede authority over the remainder of Shirekeep to the authorities of that city, assuming any remain alive, confident in their ability to control the situation.

Given by us at Raynor’s Keep in the Year 5073 Ab Sectora Condita,

MIRA RAYNORA MINOR
(f) Imperial Decree 599
(g) Will be provided upon request
(h) Will be paid upon request

Monty

Re: Shirekeep v IR

Post by Monty »

In terms of (g), Ms Jackson, it is not for the Judex to deem what is relevant and necessary for your case to be made but you yourself. I urge you to submit anything you deem of relevance in the next 6 days.

It is also preferred by the Judex that the text of the laws you are relying are reproduced for the benefit of the Judex.

BE IT ORDERED BY THE COURT THAT:

As this matter is now potentially sub-Judex, the Arbiter (or any potential future Assistant Arbiter, named now as Shyriath) shall refrain from discussing the issue at the heart of these proceedings.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

Milord,

I believe no material falls under Rule 3.02(g) other than the Imperial Decree itself and the laws that I by these particulars claim violated, viz:
LB I, C, 1, c wrote:Imperial Decrees may be used to enact changes to this Lawbook, modify the Imperial Charter, or in any other manner consistent with both this Lawbook and the Imperial Charter.
LB II, E, 3 wrote:Justice will be served.
LB III, C, 2, a wrote:No Noble may violate Imperial law.
LB VIII, A, 3, b wrote:Modifications that affect two or more Duchies but do not affect the national borders, may be decided on by the Dukes of the involved Duchies and communicated to the MCS.
LB VIII, B, 1 wrote:The Imperial County consists of the City of Shirekeep and the surrounding area, as well as the Skyla islands.
LB VIII, B, 2, b wrote:The Prefect is tasked with the development of the Imperial County, and especially the capital of our great Empire, Shirekeep.
I remain

Faithfully yours,

Mira Raynora Minor

Post by Mira Raynora Minor »

My Lord Arbiter,

The case being brought against the Imperial Republic is riddled with misconceptions and outright distortions.
Kai Jackson wrote:On Semisaday the 21st of Ikolstyme 5073 did the Kaiser
I am the Kaiseress, not the Kaiser. My gender has never been in dispute.
Imperial Decree 599, which attempts to illegally carve off those parts of Shirekeep south of the River Elwynn into a separate territory under the eternal control of the present Kaiser and indeed possibly separate from this Imperial Republic
1. Where in ID No. 599 does it state that the arrangements are "eternal"?

2. Where is the evidence that it was ever my intention to separate the territory in question from the Imperial Republic?
contrary to Imperial law which dictates the capital as Shirekeep attempts to make such a territory the seat of government.
I have repeatedly clarified that this is a temporary measure necessitated by the state of disorder affecting Shirekeep and does not alter that city's long-term position as capital of the Imperial Republic.

I would also remind the officers of the Judex of three key facts:

1. The Charter states that:
Imperial Lands are territories under the direct administration of the Kaiser.
The Kaiser issues Imperial Decrees for:

b) The administration of the Imperial Lands;
As I am the Kaiseress, it is therefore perfectly within my power to remove a portion of the Imperial Lands from an existing jurisdiction and place it under my personal rule.

2. The Charter also states that:
This Charter replaces the previous Imperial Charter of Shireroth in its entirety, including all laws passed under that Charter.
This establishes the supremacy of the Charter over any pre-existing articles in the Lawbook, an interpretation that was noted in the discussions attending the drafting of that Charter.

3. None of the Lawbook articles cited above were violated by Imperial Decree No. 599; most, indeed, are of absolutely no relevance. LB VIII, A, 3, b, for instance, deals with territorial exchanges between duchies. Since no duchies are involved, this can have no bearing.
Mira Raynora the Younger
Queen of Leichenberg
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Marchioness and Lichgravine of Lachmodan, Countess of Azarea and Ž

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Milord Arbiter,

I am Vilhelm Benkern, and I am representing the defendant, the Imperial Republic, in these proceedings. The Kaiseress has commissioned me to argue the case on her behalf. I am a fully accredited member of the Mango Bar.

You have heard a full statement of particulars of claim from the applicant and in the interests of justice, and moreover of national security at this time, we apply for a striking out of the application as manifestly unfounded, constituting a waste of the Judex's time and a vexatious act of litigation against the defendant, possibly with political motives. Whatever the applicants motives are, they cannot be to actually win this case.

If this application is rejected, we will file a full defence complying with all formalities.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

Milord,

I do by this statement drop the present suit at law.

I remain

Faithfully yours,

Return to “Imperial Judex”