I.R. v. Elwynn et al.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Heath Belledin

I.R. v. Elwynn et al.

Post by Heath Belledin »

IN THE IMPERIAL JUDEX

IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH,
Petitioner,

v.

KINGDOM OF ELWYNN,
KINGDOM OF LICHBROOK,
Respondents.

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM AND PETITION FOR INDICTMENT

COMES NOW the Government of the Imperial Republic, by and through the Imperial Inquisitor, bringing before the Judex matters most deleterious to the cohesiveness and national industry of the Imperial Republic.

Respondent Elwynn, in 5908 ASC, did enact a law restricting entry to its lands to residents and holders of an internal visa issued at the King of Elwynn's sole and absolute discretion.

Respondent Lichbrook, in 5592 ASC, did enact a policy restricting the right to post in the fora corresponding to that portion of Respondent's territory without its capital at Lichkeep; which policy furthermore requires residents to reside in Lichbrook for three months — such is only granted to persons at the heads of state's pleasure — and to show “a willingness to adopt local values and a strong desire to contribute positively to the development of Lichbrookian society”, as prerequisites to citizenship there.

It is the view of the Imperial Inquisition that these mandates infringe on the exclusive Imperial competencies to regulate interstate commerce and citizenship, and on the free movement of Shirithian citizens. As such, may it please the Court to adjudge and declare that they stand in direct contravention of Article VI, Section A, Subsection 1, Clauses g and j of the Imperial Charter, and of Chapter 2, Section B, Subsection 4 of the Imperial Code of Law.

May it further please the Judex to issue an injunction to halt the enforcement of these mandates pending review thereby.
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Malliki Nur Pinito
Major Asshole

Re: I.R. v. Elwynn et al.

Post by Malliki Nur Pinito »

IN I.R. v ELWYNN ET AL

FINDINGS
Never before has this Court seen a case that so aptly fit the phrase res ipsa loquitur. Article I, Section D of the Imperial Charter grants each citizen of Shireroth a common citizenship. As a matter of fact, that common citizenship grants each citizen the right, without it being an exhaustive list, to travel, live, post and work in any State or Dominion of the Imperial Republic. Limiting this right is not within the purview of the Imperial States. Both referenced laws are held to be null and void on the grounds of unconstitutionality.

ORDERS
1. The governments and institutions of Elwynn and Lichbrook are hereby ordered to cease the enforcement of these laws.

2. The Imperial Government is instructed to ensure their compliance with this order.

3. The petitioner is instructed to inform the respondents and the Imperial Government of this order.

SO ORDERED.
Malliki Nur Pinito

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

The Imperial Government notes the order of the Arbiter in his findings concerning the matter of I.R. v. Elwynn et al, but does enquire of the Arbiter whether there should be an opportunity for the Respondents to respond?

Malliki Nur Pinito
Major Asshole

Post by Malliki Nur Pinito »

Ordinarily yes. In this case tho the outcome is obvious.
Malliki Nur Pinito

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

In which case I've passed a note to the admins on the subject.

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

I think it would have been good of the Inquisitor to notify the Kingdom of Lichbrook of the issue of this claim and indeed of its result, as required by the Arbiter's order of 6340 ASC.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Heath Belledin

Post by Heath Belledin »

OOC: Yep, I forgot. >_< Mainly because I thought that Ardy's use of the admin control panel to enforce the court order was thorough.
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Return to “Imperial Judex”