Application to void Imperial Decree 651

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Application to void Imperial Decree 651

Post by Raz »

Your Excellency,

on behalf of the Tourism Bureau Holy Empire of Jingdao at Sea I come here to ask the voiding of Imperial Decree 651, which forbids Shirerithian citizens to set foot in the Holy Empire of Jingdao at Sea. We do not think this is legal under the present charter of the Imperial Republic and we believe it hurts our tourism industry.

Bianfu Fengkuang, M.D.

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Re: Application to void Imperial Decree 651

Post by Ryker »

Agreed.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Agreed, oddly enough.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

You know it's messed up when Aryasht says Jingdao is being mistreated.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Aryasht was neither friendly nor hostile towards either Jingdao and Kildare. It follows its own interests without permanent friends or enemies. There are only permanent interests.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

But of course.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Ryabin Merkayastreb

Post by Ryabin Merkayastreb »

Aryeztur wrote:Aryasht was neither friendly nor hostile towards either Jingdao and Kildare. It follows its own interests without permanent friends or enemies. There are only permanent interests.
A fine description of Goldshire's foreign policy too. If only because the current Duke struggles to give a damn at times. I envy Lichbrook these days, they stay out of everything...
Ryabin Merkayastreb
- Son of Krasniy, Father of Stellus
- From 5222-5461 ASC, Duke of Goldshire
- From 5323-5416 ASC, Kaiser Mo'll I

Tokaray al-Osman

Post by Tokaray al-Osman »

Ryker wrote:You know it's messed up when Aryasht says Jingdao is being mistreated.
The prospect of gaining more land having no sway on the Grandsire's stance... (just saying he's a mercurial opportunist who spins like a weathercock)
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

IN THE IMPERIAL JUDEX
5268 ASC.

In the case of

THE IMPERIAL REPUBLIC

v.

KAISERESS SEMISA II

ex parte THE TOURISM BUREAU OF THE HOLY EMPIRE OF JINGDAO AT SEA

As Arbiter, I will accept this case for a full hearing only after a prima facie case has been put forward by the claimant. The only justification for voiding an Imperial Decree is that it violates the Charter. A prima facie case has not been shown by the applicant - simply asserting that a measure violates the Charter is not sufficient in a case as significant as rendering void an Imperial Decree, unlike a less serious case such as questioning the legality of an act of an Imperial Minister. Therefore I await the presentation of a prima facie case.

BENKERN
Arbiter
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Should this decree be passed, my lands will pay little heed to its existence as it acts against the Countship Charter's policy on discrimination without just cause.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Ryabin Merkayastreb

Post by Ryabin Merkayastreb »

Ryker wrote:Should this decree be passed, my lands will pay little heed to its existence as it acts against the Countship Charter's policy on discrimination without just cause.
May I draw your attention to Article III, Subarticle II of that Charter:
The Count of Suthergold is a constituent county of the Duchy of Goldshire. The Count of Suthergold exercises zir rule on behalf of, and in subordination to, the Duke of Goldshire. The Count holds full power over the County of Suthergold in such affairs as are not reserved or overridden by the Duke of Goldshire.
...and to Article II, Item II of the Codex Aureus of Goldshire:
The Duke rules in deference and favour to the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, of which the Duchy of Goldshire is an Imperial State exercising the full privileges and obligations thereof.
You are thus obliged to obey Imperial law and by extension the judgements of its primary custodian, even if you dislike it.

But let us not tie up these proceedings, they don't concern either of us directly and I can feel the Arbiter's cudgel brushing the back of my neck for breaching the order of this Court... :Court:
Ryabin Merkayastreb
- Son of Krasniy, Father of Stellus
- From 5222-5461 ASC, Duke of Goldshire
- From 5323-5416 ASC, Kaiser Mo'll I

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

*Grumble* Very well.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I don't think we should care about the tourism industry in the savage nation of Jingdao. The safety of our citizens is what concerns me. Therefore, I congratulate the Kaiseress on this decree and welcome this sign of the rejection of the uncivilized and barbarious nation of Jingdao at sea.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

Your Excellency, my superiors believe that this decree is beneficial to the Holy Empire of Jingdao at Sea in other areas than tourism and I have been asked to retract this application. I will comply with their wish.

Return to “Imperial Judex”