Ratifying a treaty with Senya

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Ratifying a treaty with Senya

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

Since the Bloodsports Crisis in 1611 we haven't had formal relations with Senya. After some healthy discussions and some negotiations, the Imperial and Senyan governments have agreed to formalize their relationships in the treaty, which I hereby commend to the Landsraad, and move to its ratification without delay.

Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Democratic Environmental Society of Senya

Article 1: Relations

(i) The Imperial Republic of Shireroth (hereinafter Shireroth) and the Democratic Envrionmental Society of Senya (hereinafter Senya) shall engage with one another in a spirit of friendship and cooperation.

(ii) In so doing, they shall hold close communications on all matters of mutual concern. Should either of them hear or know of any threat against the other, the threat shall be communicated with highest priority. Embassies with one and another may be established by mutual executive agreement.

Article 2: Sovereignty

(i) Shireroth and Senya recognize the sovereignty, territorial integrity and the law of each other. They agree that the defined territory and jurisdiction of each other consist of the territory as marked on the map of the Micronational Cartography Society, as well as recognized through the Micras Treaty Organization Law of the Seas, also including as properties held as sovereign of the other under international law and convention.

(ii) The Kaiser of Shireroth shall hold sovereign immunity while in Elwynn and any of his representativess in Senya shall be given full diplomatic immunity, all according to international law and custom.

(iii) The President of Senya shall hold sovereign immunity while in Shireroth, and any of his or her representatives in Senya shall be given full diplomatic immunity, again according to international law and custom.

(iv) Neither Party shall apply any laws to the territory of the other.

Article 3: Cooperation

(i) Shireroth and Senya shall co-operate in various endeavours, including, but not limited to, those pertaining to facilitating trade, communications and cultural collaborations. 

(ii) Senya and Elwynn shall, by mutual executive agreement, establish reduced reciprocal tax regimes for businesses based in either nation trading in the other nation, as well as for imports and exports between them.

(iii) Nationals of one Party shall, for reasons of tourism, sports, culture, or business, be given visa-free access to the territory of the other Party through the recognized ports of entry for a period of 100 days per year.

Article 4: Final provisions

(i) Shireroth and Senya agree that any disputes between them, whether arisen from the Treaty or from other ways, shall be solved diplomatically and amicably. Failing that, they agree to arbitration by a mutually appointed arbitrator.

(ii) This Treaty is valid indefinitely and shall be ratified by Shireroth and Senya in the manner established by their respective constitutions. 

(iii) This Treaty enters force on the first day after the exchange of the instruments of ratification which shall take place in Shirekeep. 

(iv) Shireroth and Senya may at any time move, in the same manner as it ratified the Treaty, to leave the Treaty. Such action shall be notified to the other nation and become valid one Norton year after notification.

In witness whereof, the duly authorized representatives of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Democratic Environmental Society have signed and affixed their seals to this Treaty.

Done at Shirekeep, this 5.I.1670.

FOR THE IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH

Li Naomiai
Marchioness of Sentratera
Imperial Minister of the Exterior

FOR THE DEMOCRATIC ENVIRONMENTAL SOCIETY OF SENYA

Barnaby Hands
President of Senya

[/quote]
Last edited by Li Naomiai on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Li Naomiai Avon-El
Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine

Princess of Klaasiya, Duchess of Hoffenheim, Marchioness of Sentratera

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)
Secretary of Legal Affairs in the Court of Noble Fountain (Natopia)

Mahmood Sadri

Re: Ratifying a treaty with Senya

Post by Mahmood Sadri »

Article 2 - ii says that the Kaiser shall enjoy immunity in Elwynn. This must be a clerical error. Other than that, I support the treaty.
Dr. Mahmood Sadri Maleki
Governor-General of the State of Talenore
Count Sadri of Pasdaran
Chairman, National Development Party

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Lord Prætor

The clerical error has been rectified. The Kaiser's immunity in Elwynn is beyond the law of Senya. I thank the Governor General for his keen eyes.
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My Lords

Voting on the question to ratify the treaty with Senya begins now.
Tinker Sprocket
Count of Norrström (Natopia)
Count of Machinaria, Viscount Sprocket of Machinaria (Shireroth)
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

Aye
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Mahmood Sadri

Post by Mahmood Sadri »

Aye
Dr. Mahmood Sadri Maleki
Governor-General of the State of Talenore
Count Sadri of Pasdaran
Chairman, National Development Party

Soraya Octavius-Parini
"But why?"

Post by Soraya Octavius-Parini »

Aye

Steward and Minister of State
Count Palatine of Kezan

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Approved. Treaty ratified.
Tinker Sprocket
Count of Norrström (Natopia)
Count of Machinaria, Viscount Sprocket of Machinaria (Shireroth)
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Return to “Landsraad Archive”