Tsay Llyr: I will create a Republic.

Klaasiya's aristocratic past.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Llyr Angus-Moonoak

Tsay Llyr: I will create a Republic.

Post by Llyr Angus-Moonoak »

"Ladies and gentlemen, many years ago my grandparents were proclaimed Marquis and Marquise of Klaasiya by the Great Emperor Naian, who later bestowed upon them the right and duty to rule over the demesne of Klaasiya as Crown Duke and Duchess. They governed the realm with love, care and compassion for its people that few have seen before or since. It is not an overstatement to say that Ivo and Gwyneth presided over the golden age of Klaasiya. Their son, Zakyyr left his mark on the future, lives and destinies of Klaasiya, and those of Natopia too. He performed his duties according to the needs of the time and as he saw the needs of the time. His legacy was a monarchy that had never been greater, more powerful and more pompous than any I have ever known. In turn, my mother saw it as her responsibility to bring about unity and a sense of calmness and stability that many had lost. Despite her short life, she has left a legacy that I admire and solute to. In my lifetime and role as Tsar, we have seen the birth of a new era of democratic institutions in Klaasiya but across the Empire too.

The twilight of monarchy is felt in all corners of the Empire, and perhaps most so here. Our monarchical leaders, the dynasty of which I am so proud to be a part, have presided over times of great achievement as well as devastating loss. They have helped to create the culture and history that unites us as Klaasiyans and Natopians. But it is my belief that the days of monarchy in Klaasiya are days passed. The future awaits ahead of us and we must embrace it whilst paying gratitude to the times that came before it.

After careful consideration, I have decided that my role in succession to my predecessors is to be the last Tsar of the Royal Tsardom of the Marches and the Princely Isle. Over the next few months, I will do all I can to support the creation of a new, democratic and republican system of government for Klaasiyans, Egalians and Draconians. Once this system is in place, I will take this to the Emperor to seek his approval for our new way of governance, and leave the Throne of Klaasiya: and may it then remain empty forever."

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Re: Tsay Llyr: I will create a Republic.

Post by Li Naomiai »

A brave powerful speech from the young tsar!
Li Naomiai Avon-El
Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine

Princess of Klaasiya, Duchess of Hoffenheim, Marchioness of Sentratera

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)
Secretary of Legal Affairs in the Court of Noble Fountain (Natopia)

Llyr Angus-Moonoak

Li Naomiai wrote:A brave powerful speech from the young tsar!

Thank you.

Nathan II

Post by Nathan II »

This is indeed a good sign of the changing times. I applaud the noble decision of my cousin Llyr to give up the riches and splendors of a royal throne. The people of Klaasiya will prosper and, along with other democratic resurgences in our united Empire, Natopians will march forward as leaders of the world.
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Llyr Angus-Moonoak

Nathan II wrote:This is indeed a good sign of the changing times. I applaud the noble decision of my cousin Llyr to give up the riches and splendors of a royal throne. The people of Klaasiya will prosper and, along with other democratic resurgences in our united Empire, Natopians will march forward as leaders of the world.
Thank you, beloved cousin! :bow:

Return to “Archive of the Royal Tsardom”