[Palace of the Bay] A surprising visit

Klaasiya's aristocratic past.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

[Palace of the Bay] A surprising visit

Post by Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak »

The former Emperor was nowadays spending most of his days in the Palace of the Bay, perhaps still coming to terms of it all. The Palace was the closest thing to Visda de Nada - how strange, Zakyyr thought. He had abdicated his responsibilities in good faith, Zakyyr was so proud for preserving the Empire's stance and strength (and to his mind making it a better, greater place than it had been when he took over). But above all, he was proud to bequeath it to the son of the woman he loved - not the impure, animal love, but the true platonic he felt for Asara. Yet during the years at Vista de Nada he got so used to being right at the centre of things, that even the busy long days in the Royal Tsardom felt incomplete and unfulfilling.

And, of course, his own conscientiousness about his role and imprint on the Caprine Throne contributed to the Tsar's insecurity, particularly he felt angry for failing to discourage Shireroth's demise as a great and settled nation, which ultimately damaged the Western alliance and Natopia too.

The Tsar's thoughts were interrupted. "Your Royal Majesty, you have a visitor." announced the Ellite Force guard. "The visitor, Sir, insist that she will be of interest to Your Majesty."

"Who is she?" asked Zakyyr.

The guard, visibly uncomfortable, replied "she... she claims to come from Shireroth, although... Sir, there is something unusual about this woman. If I may, she does not appear as... a casual, modern-day Shirerithian."

This was definitely unusual, Firstly, the former Emperor did not expect any visitors, yet alone from the nation whose rulership he had so much alienated. But as he liked to say, in his life the unexpected happened.

He wanted to see who she was and why she was here. "Please, let her in." said the Tsar.

His Imperial Highness Prince Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffel-Paine KBH

Tsar of The Royal Tsardom of The Marches and The Princely Isle
Metrobosarch of Vey
Lord Triumphant in All Four Quarters
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Nostalgia

Re: [Palace of the Bay] A surprising visit

Post by Nostalgia »

"Your Royal Majesty", the white-skinned, rather cold woman curtsied, "what an honour to be in Your Majesty's presence."

"The pleasure is all Ours, Ladyyy..." Zakyyr couldn't name the youngish-looking woman.

"Nostalgia, Sir" she replied. This rang a bell in Zakyyr's mind. He had heard this name before, and obviously it had to do with Shireroth. Was she an ambassador? Hardly. She certainly did not look like one of them, not nowadays at least. "I was once known as a Crown Councillor in the deceased Kingdom of Lichbrook", she explained.

Zakyyr now remembered. He had never met Nostalgia before, but he was following the state of events at the time and was quite aware of the situation at the time. "Oh" he let himself, "of course, my Lady. Please do excuse me, it has been long since I was dealing with matters concerning the Western republic." Despite his imperfect memory, the former Emperor was a wise man. He quickly made the calculations - in her he faced no enemy.

"I am rather surprised, I have to admit, by your visit, but nonetheless it is an honour of its kind" continued Zakyyr. "How have you been, Lady Nostalgia?"

"Healing old wounds, most of the time. Occasionally doing other stuff. I recently ended up in Natopia - unexpectedly, after which I found myself in your domain, Sir."

"And how are you finding it?"

"More lively than I would have preferred. But it does have its own beauty. On my way here, I came across the Safir Memorial in Klaasisitya and I did find it particularly intriguing."

"Have you been in touch?" asked the Tsar.

"Not much. I don't think I wanted to. I lost all my family to them."

The conversation reached a dead-end.

"Forget the past, you are a friend of this Tsardom. Tonight we are holding a celebration of your arrival, as my special guest. Like one, you can share Hartington Hold with my mother and siblings." announced Zakyyr.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. It has been some time since I last celebrated" replied the former Crown Councillor, relieved.

Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr
Former Crown Councillor of Lichbrook

Return to “Archive of the Royal Tsardom”