Voyages and studies

The Principality of Sororiya, the Sister Land to Flaventia.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Faro of Flaventia

Seuthi Akellin

Voyages and studies

Post by Seuthi Akellin »

Dear High Priest Arusion:

First, I apologize for sending this message by telegraph. I don't think Tala even has a telegraph reception office. Truth and Beauty only know how this will reach you, if it ever does. But the King of Ziegeland sent a message by telegraph a few days ago and now it is all the rage here. If I tried to send a message any other way, I would be totally shunned by polite society.

After being shunned by the Anticans, I took your advice and crossed the Raynor Sea to Klaasiya, where I met with Kai Jackson, a Safir who had reached the highest ranks of the corporate government of Klaasiya. Calling on the long time friendship between our two peoples, I asked for a letter of introduction to King Nathan Waffel-Paine, the lord of Ziegeland. Despite the conflicting reports I had heard of the country descending into near-anarchy after the mysterious departure of Neoptolemus, I found most of the population expecting the four remaining demesnes to acknowledge Ziegeland's ancient and royal claim to leadership. Waffel-Paine would be an important person to know here, possibly the most important.

I was finally able to gain access to the king. I spoke frankly to him in the manner of our people, telling him of my service to yourself but also stressing my role as a businessman in Antica and my ability to be of aid for him in his work. He apparently had use for me, for he asked me to cross Newport Strait to Sororiya and try to bring its interests into alignment with those of the Ziegelandian Crown.

Arriving in Bagelton after an uneventful sea voyage, I found most of Sororiya ruled by ad hoc committees of concerned citizens who had picked up the pieces after the central administration collapsed. Using my shipping contacts to coordinate a relief shipment for Butter Cow City, which was on the verge of starvation after months of political and economic paralysis, I worked my way through force of personality into one of these councils and began promoting the advantages of uniting under the authority of the King of Ziegeland. The message seems to have been well-received, and I am now waiting for further contact from the King before making my next move.

In the meantime, I have been concerning myself with learning everything I can about this new land in which I find myself. Their language seems to be an easily comprehensible dialect of Common, but their history is complicated and I have only begun to scratch the surface. At the risk of giving this poor telegraph operator muscle cramps for the next month, here is some of what I have found:
Index of Information About Sororiya

Sororiya "has a strong republican streak to it" - The New Path of Natopia

Sir Konrad was the last Baronet of Sororiya, appointed about 90 ASC years ago - Despotic Decree

Sororiya has an ethnically Lavalonian population - Evacuation

Butter Cow City was once Lavitsiya, capital of Lavalon. The teaching of Laval were suppressed, and cultural assimilation into Natopia was encouraged by subsidizing farms to produce wheat for Natopia's insatiable appetite for free bagels. Sororiya's name means "the sister land", possibly as a reference to Natopia and Lavalon being sister nations. - A Visit To Butter Cow City

Sororiya enjoys Tapfer's rich and fertile soil. Its fields are perfect for wheat. - Dracoheim Info

There are two religious sees in Sororiya. The Cathedral of St. Branflake in Bagelston is the center of the See of East Sororiya, and the Cathedral of the Foolish Martyrs in the center of the See of Sororiya (Proper). - Places of Worship

About three thousand years ago, Sororiya was the center of the ancient empire of Norfolk - Norfolk

Konrad von Zeck once held the title of Prince-Victor of Sororiya - List of Imperial Titles

Stormark once claimed southern and eastern Sororiya - Territorial Expansion Policies

The Coat of Arms of Sororiya is a vertical tricolor azur, or, and vert beneath the blue crown of the Lavalonian Prince, and supported by two wolves rampant, with the motto "Ancient, Noble, Proud" - Natopian Coats of Arms

The capital, Bagelston, is at the foot of (sigh) Mt. Bagel, the tallest point in Natopia, nd in the middle of lush wheat fields that are made into Natopia's trademark bagels. Most of the area, however, is bushland/eucalyptus. Fort Newport is a military installation for protecting entry into Newport Strait, which opens to Borders Bay, the heart of Natopia. Estatia lies at the mouth of a river allowing the wheat crop from inland to be shipped around the world at this port. Nandaton is one of the most isolated cities in mainland Natopia. Little is known about the Nandans. Butter Cow City is the former capital of Lavalon. It was renamed to establish Natopian supremacy on the Southern Peninsula. The demesne is ruled by a Prince-Victor to represent the Natopian victory over her longtime rival to the south. - Sororiya Info

Natopia's gridiron team, the Bulls, play in the Lavalonian Memorial Stadium in Butter Cow City - Natopian gridiron football team

The holidays in Sororiya (previously East Tapfer?) include (sigh) Bagel Appreciation Day and Throw A Goat Off A Cliff Day - holidays[url]

There is also a Purification Day on July 20, which is celebrated by burning xon in effigy. - [url=http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=202&t=2374]Purification Day Festival

Fort Newport is a very utilitarian military/space industry city. It was once visited by the Butter Bull himself (?!) Apparently there used to be some really weird things going on in Natopia that I totally missed - Across The Strait

The cities of Lavalon were mostly preserved except for the ruined city of Vasroisitya, which is near (beneath?) Fort Newport. - Fort Newport Herd
I hear the King of Ziegeland is calling a council of all the old Natopian lands. In my more fanciful moments, it reminds me of the stories of Merveilles from the True Dream Story Galinomai. More practically, it may be our best chance to turn Natopia to the cause of good and excise the malign influence of Neoptolemus and his Raspurine masters once and for all. I will seek advice from you when the conclave begins, hopefully through a less tedious means of communication.

Yours,
Seuthi Akellin

HIM Empress Maia

Re: Voyages and studies

Post by HIM Empress Maia »

OOC: The Safir are a species, not a demonym — you want "Safirian" :doc:
Maia Ašura
27th Safir Empress
Played by Carl Jackson

Return to “Sororiya”