[Aurochsburg] A Private Ceremony

The Principality of Sororiya, the Sister Land to Flaventia.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Faro of Flaventia

Christo Eucalyptos

[Aurochsburg] A Private Ceremony

Post by Christo Eucalyptos »

Christo's advisors advised against it. 'You're a public official,' they said, 'it is expected!' But Christo and Valentina were adamant that the ceremony would be as private and small as possible. It was held in the Lamba Alpha Nu House on campus. Although he put his graduate studies on hold when he entered public service, his membership at LAN never lapsed.

It was the morning of the wedding. Only about two dozen or so people were in the LAN House's great room, family and close friends only. As Christo was getting dressed, his PR advisor asked him one more time, "Christo, just one cameraman, just for the Chancellery's blog! Please!"

"No. I agreed with you that the Empire needed a strong and settled man in the chancellor's chair, so I agreed to push my wedding up to now, instead of waiting til after I had completed all I could as chancellor, and then returned to my studies and graduated. The last thing I wanted was to make a circus of this private event."

"But... but you didn't even invite.... the Emperor!"

"If he came, his whole entourage and security detail and press corps would be here too. He is my emperor, true. But, I've felt my Sororiyan sensibilities slip away from me lately, caught up in the excitement and glamour of the capital city and its shiny new imperial fashions. I need this! Valentina needs this! If I am to build a family one day, it needs to be rooted in my traditions... and Sororiyans don't take to pomp the way the rest of the empire does."

The PR advisor shook his head and left the room. Christo held up his hand, "Wait a minute... you can take a picture of the marriage license for your blog, ok? I at least want people to know I'm married, that is the whole point isn't it?"

The PR man gave a half-hearted smile, "Yea, that would work, I guess," and he left the room, defeated.

A small announcement appeared the next day in the Laval Letter's chronicle of public record:
Aurochsburg, SO -- Mr. Christophos Eucalyptos wed Mrs. Valentina Eucalyptos-Hansel yesterday by a magistrate of the city.
Christophos Eucalyptos
Retired Natopian Statesman,
Writer for the Bagelcratican Sporadically
Played by Nathan

Return to “Sororiya”