[Moonoak] Guinevere's Final Gift

The Kingdom of Ziegeland, the ancient, Inner Lands of Yellow Island.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Faro of Flaventia

Naian the Evergreen

[Moonoak] Guinevere's Final Gift

Post by Naian the Evergreen »

Brother Haidy had been leading the colonization efforts inside the Guinevere Dome. It was a nearly four day journey from Cape Newport until people actually entered the Dome. Most Hazel had already read of the restructuring of Flaventia in that morning's news. It filled them with sadness and hope, they were still part of Yellow Island, a little colony on the moon. Not all Hazel chose to relocate. Many settled in Oakham, it had a lot of overgrowth in it to feel like home.

Haidy had been communicating with the new Saplings, they were the Hazel who died in the Great Fire and interred here. Guinevere Moonoak, Naian's mother and the woman who became the Seed of this new forest, was also busy treespeaking with the new Saplings and all the Hazel, repeating all the information and history that the old Tree Spirits imparted to her when they knew the Great Hazel Woods would burn down. As she divulged more and more information, her voice grew weaker and weaker.

Great Mother, thought Haidy, your voice grows weary. Why do you not speak with such vigor as you once did?

Child, it is the same reason in the old woods you could not speak directly with the most ancient Tree Spirits. My knowledge and spirit is being diffused into the Saplings, the first new generation of Tree Spirits on Tarsica. I will live through them, but I will not be distinct.

I should call for Naian, he will speak with you before that happens!

No child, he knows all I can say to him. I have one final bequest to him, however, a gift for saving our people. I cursed him when he was born, denying him my and my mother's name: Moonoak. I named him Loneoak and they called him bastard. I was angry at his father only. He must not go through life alone. He must know I will always be with him and he will grow greater than he imagines. Child, tell him he is a Moonoak. Tell him he is Naian... Moonoak... the Evergreen! ...

"I'll tell him Great Mother."
Naian

Nathan

Lord Erion

Re: [Moonoak] Guinevere's Final Gift

Post by Lord Erion »

And unnoticed in the reflective silence that followed, a single golden hazelleaf fluttered through the air and gently embedded itself in the ground.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Return to “Ziegeland”