[Anmutstadt] Arrival of the Pentheros

The Kingdom of Ziegeland, the ancient, Inner Lands of Yellow Island.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Faro of Flaventia

Neoptolemus

[Anmutstadt] Arrival of the Pentheros

Post by Neoptolemus »

His Holiness, Neoptolemus, Pentheros of the Dozan Bovic Church, arrived by his private jet in Anmutstadt at 2 in the morning. Fortunately the media had not yet been tipped off so he was able to disembark and get in the waiting limo without any commotion. Within a half hour he was at Haas House. The staff was befuddled and tripping over themselves to prepare the guest apartments for quite possibly the only person just as important as their boss the king.

When the pentheros and his entourage were settled, the chief steward of the House knocked on the door.

"Your Holiness, I beg your pardon, His Majesty was in Lindstrom today, addressing the Frenzy. He opted to spend the night in his residence in the city and is currently asleep. He will be notified of your presence when he wakes and will no doubt return here immediately to receive you. I apologize for the inconvenience, if only we had known..."

"You are forgiven, of course, um... Jeeves..."

The steward dare not blatantly correct the living representative of Bous, "Forgiven for what? Oh, Your Holiness... it was merely an expression of..."

"No no, my calf," Neoptolemus felt the steward's disapproving glare, "Of course, I simply meant... naturally, that..." now was the time to pull off some pentheral magic, "I of course meant you are forgiven, for... your sins of... gluttony." Neoptolemus then stared at the pencil-thin, almost frail, steward. Damn it.

"Your Holiness...," the steward then broke down in tears, "I simply can't stop my addiction... my addiction to..."

Neoptolemus held up his hand, I don't need or want to hear this crap, "Be quiet my calf, all is forgiven, your gluttonous addiction will be cured... when Bous commands it so. Maybe today, or next year, but know that when it happens, it will be thanks to Bous' grace... and me, of course."

The steward stood up, "Yes your Holiness... you are truly a great man. I will inform you when the King is ready to see you," and he bowed and back out of the room.

Neoptolemus then flopped back on the bed and exhaled loudly. "Yeesh... I need wine... oh wait, they drink beer here don't they... that always makes me gassy though."
His Holiness, Neoptolemus
Pentheros of the Dozan Bovic Church

Played by Nathan

Nathaniel
Vagrant who is the owner of two celeriacs

Re: [Anmutstadt] Arrival of the Pentheros

Post by Nathaniel »

"Good morning, your Majesty"

A young maid had entered the King's chambers and with her squeaky cute voice, she wanted to wake the king. After all, the Pentheros was in the same house. The King just couldn't sleep now, could he?

"Morning... Isabelle, is it?"

"Majesty, you remember!"

"You have an... uh... unforgettable voice." Nathaniel replied, still drowzy.

"Majesty!" she smiled as big as her somewhat round face could. The maid then bowed deeply before realizing that the gesture would not be seen by her king. She rose quickly, got her apron straight, and told the king of the news. "The Pentheros would like audience with you."

"Oh, have Ms Belbekk find him a slot in my calendar... I'll see him when I've time."

"No, Majesty. He's here, he wants to see you now."

"Where? What? Why? How?"

"Yes, sir. I'll help you put on your suit."

"But, but..." Nathaniel sat on his bed, feeling very confused.

"Don't worry, sir. I have a girlfriend. I won't, you know..."
Nathaniel
NATHANIEL ANDRE UTAS AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED BIN SATHRATI OF WAFFEL-PAINE
[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Imperial Prince of Shireroth
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Master of the Cathedral of Eternal Slumber
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Lord der Stadt der Gestrandeten ...
Knight of the Holy Lakes
Scion of the King of Kings[/spoiler]

Neoptolemus

Post by Neoptolemus »

The Pentheros sent a note to Nathaniel:
Your Majesty,

I am told that a plane from Jingdao has touched down here in Anmutstadt. You will understand my need for discretion in what I want to discuss with you. Regardless, the safety and security of this demesne is of paramount importance, and I will await the conclusion of your meeting with the Jingdaoese envoy. If you would like my presence and counsel during the meeting, please let me know.

Yours in Bous,
Neo. Penth. Max.

Played by Nathan

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

"The next time the Pentheros wishes to send me a note intended to be private, he should do it in braille." Annoyed with the paper note that he had to have Rebecca Belbekk, his secretary, read to him, Nathaniel walked around in circles in his room with his hands on his head.

"What does he mean? A meeting so important, so private...? Ah well, let him tag along to whatever the Jingdaoese are doing in that ranch up north."

Rebecca nodded.

"Will you tell him, Ms Belbekk?"

"Of course, your Majesty. I'll do it right away."
Nathaniel
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Knight of the Holy Lakes

Neoptolemus

Post by Neoptolemus »

"Thank you Ms. Belbekk! Please, allow my entourage a few minutes to prepare. We will meet His Majesty at the airstrip, after he has greeted the Jingdaoese envoy. Very few people on Micras deserve the honor of being received by a king and a pentheros, especially uninvited people, so I will arrive fashionably late. Also, please convey my deepest apologies to the King, my concern over these events and the importance of me needing to speak to him clouded my judgement and struck me with arrogant ignorance to his requirements."

Played by Nathan

Neoptolemus

Post by Neoptolemus »

The Pentheral entourage was diverted back to Haas House after the king's security detail indicated suspicious activity form the Jingdaoese. He had been kept apprised of the situation form his room in the palace. When Nathaniel returned from the ranch later that day, and after the king had met with several advisors and notified Chancellor Eucalyptos, the king was finally ready to meet with the pentheros.

After a formal greeting ceremony in the throne room and before the formal reception, the king and pentheros were left to discuss privately.

"Your Majesty, I apologize the timing of my visit was interrupted by the unexpected visit by the Jingdaoese. But I had a revelation several nights ago... a revelation from Bous, the Butter Cow appeared before me. He told me that it was time for Natopia to have another Emperor. He told me an Emperor can say and do things that I and the Chancellor cannot. He said we are insufficient to manifest the full glory of Natopia. He said only someone who is the heir to two realms, and of the noble and royal blood of Waffel-Paine can truly inspire and stimulate the nation and her people... He said I was to crown you Emperor of the Natopians!"

Played by Nathan

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Nathaniel was stunned. Was that really the will of the Divine?

"Swear to me, Pentheros," he said. "Swear on Bous that which you speak is true. If it is, I will take on this burden. But if you speak wrong, may your blood, by Bous, turn to margarine!"

The Pentheros was silent for a few seconds. Before he had time to answer, Nathaniel talked again. "Sorry, but this is serious business. Do you swear?"
Nathaniel
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Knight of the Holy Lakes

Neoptolemus

Post by Neoptolemus »

Neoptolemus had his head down, he was silent, searching his memories... He was certain the Butter Cow stood before. Then he looked up, staring at this young man... this young man who had been burdened with so much already. Did Bous really want to make this man suffer more? Nathaniel could feel Neoptolemus' gaze.

"Well?!"

The pentheros then grabbed the king's hands in between his own, "Your Majesty, I swear to you that this is what the divine Butter Cow commanded me to do. It pains me to see the despair on your face, the dread of the coming burdens. I know your burdens, I was not born a holy man. I was.. or rather still am... a spy... an assassin... an agent of the Blessed Ones. They maneuver me into these positions to enact their grand plan for Natopia. I will be honest with you Nathaniel, I had never heard the divine voice of Bous before this revelation. Yes, I served as Grand Master of the Dominion while the incarnate Butter Bull ruled, but he only ever spoke to me of physical and worldly and mundane things. I had never heard the cosmic and universal revelatory tones of Bous wash over me, piercing my mind and my soul as happened the other night. I freely admit to you these secrets, secrets that may get me killed, but they are the secrets give to secure your trust. Bous commands that you will be Emperor."

Played by Nathan

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Nathaniel believed the man, every word. The only reason he had doubted what the Pentheros said earlier was that he had always disbelieved him... but now, the voice of Bous spoke through him. Nathaniel heard it. He knew it. But why him? Why Nathaniel? There was no other choice now, he had to obey.

"Pray with me, Pentheros!" Nathaniel commanded. He dropped to his knees buried his face in his hands. And he prayed silently.

He must have prayed for almost ten minutes, in total silence. Only Bous and Nathaniel knew what was said.

Once the ten minutes had passed, Nathaniel rose, listening for where in the room the Pentheros was. Turning to him, Nathaniel asked, "Now, Pentheros... how do we execute will of Bous?"
Nathaniel
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Knight of the Holy Lakes

Neoptolemus

Post by Neoptolemus »

Neoptolemus was also praying during those ten minutes. He had never really prayed before, or at least not as earnestly. He, too, asked for guidance, or at least a clear mind. After all, the Butter Cow commanded him to figure it out for himself.

"I know, your Majesty. In the past the Emperor was a civic position, and coronations were held in Lindstrom City. They had constitutional weight to them. This coronation, it will be done outside, or if you will, above the limitations of the government. You, as emperor, should be beyond the control and whims of the Frenzy and bureaucrats. You are a symbol of the nation and people, not the government.

"I want to crown you in the Basilica of Our Beloved Saint Elijah, in St. Bart's. I know you spent some time there with your fathers. It will send a powerful message. It will remind people that you are connected to all parts of the Dominion, you really are a living symbol of unity. There are a few titles held by the last emperor that I want to recreate for you: "Uniter of the Demesnes" and "Protector of the Eternal Nation." I want to elevate your style to His Most Bovic Majesty. As for your official title, I want you to be known as "Emperor of the Natopians" and to signify your unique position "Ruler of the Twin Realms.

"Your coronation and authority as emperor will have the legal weight of a Pentheral Bull behind it, Bovics throughout Micras will be compelled to honor your title and prestige. I must return to Athlon so I may draft and issue this Bull and make arrangements to bring my vestments and oils and barrels of sacred butter to St. Bart's. We will plan this and, after the true glory of Natopia has been formally recognized by the Cartography Society and we exercise control over most of Tapfer. After that, I will crown you emperor."

Played by Nathan

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

"Thank you, Pentheros. Thank you for your honesty. You will forgive me for my fear in all this. I am terrified.

"I only hope that this will please our Lord and Maker and all his minions in heaven. I am very grateful for the significance of using Saint Elijah's Basilica for the coronation.

"I am so sorry. Will you excuse me? I need so much more time to meditate and pray now. Please, speak to the Chancellor."
Nathaniel
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell