[Order] Project Guinevere

Excelsior ad Augusta per Angusta

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Secretary for Defense

Christo Eucalyptos

[Order] Project Guinevere

Post by Christo Eucalyptos »

An ORDER of the MINISTER of STATE acting as BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR of the SPACEFLEET

Per Angusta ad Augusta

To allocate funds and resources

PROJECT GUINEVERE

Purpose: To construct a sealed dome next to New Lindstrom Tarsican Base

Reason: Relocation of the Hazel people

Timeline: 1-2 months for design; 10-12 months for construction

Resources: Troy class cargo (x3); steel frame from Skerry Steel Foundry; fused quartz and aluminum silicate glass panels from Frieden Mine Glass Company; two 12-person teams of Greivar EVA workers; two air processing units; two ice-extracting drills; misc. technology from Klaassoft

Rationale: Upon personal request by His Most Bovic Majesty the Emperor, the Spacefleet will design and construct a large dome adjacent and connected to the New Lindstrom Base on Tarsica so that the Emperor may plant a so-called "Seed" which will, allegedly, regrow the Great Hazel Woods, large portions of which have recently been destroyed by a wild fire. Although this branch does not answer directly to the Emperor and we are within our rights to reject, the project would represent a great engineering feat and encourage more interest in New Lindstrom.

Risks: Should "the Seed" not produce its intended results, which have been personally affirmed by the Emperor, the Spacefleet will still make use of the dome to mimic the intent of "the Seed" by conducting terraforming experiments.

Project Guinevere is hereby approved by my authority as administrative head of the Spacefleet, subject to review and reevaluation by the Chancellor as Grand Commander of the NDF.

Christo Eucalyptos
Minister of State
Christophos Eucalyptos
Retired Natopian Statesman,
Writer for the Bagelcratican Sporadically
Played by Nathan

Lord Erion

Re: [Order] Project Guinevere

Post by Lord Erion »

Wouldn't it be a lot less risky and considerably cheaper just to collect the next crop of hazelnuts from the surviving trees?
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Christo Eucalyptos

Re: [Order] Project Guinevere

Post by Christo Eucalyptos »

The emperor has informed me that while that would indeed grow more hazel trees, they would simply be normal trees. We're slowly understanding that the destruction of the Great Hazel Woods is perhaps the single worst ecological disaster in our nation's history.

I don't quite fully understand the Hazel and their arcane mysteries. I'm not even sure the emperor fully understands it, but I do agree that a major project like this will revitalize the space program.
Christophos Eucalyptos
Retired Natopian Statesman,
Writer for the Bagelcratican Sporadically
Played by Nathan

Return to “The Spacefleet”