[Haifa] On the question of Walstadt

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Secretary for Foreign Affairs

House Meir

[Haifa] On the question of Walstadt

Post by House Meir »

Foreign Ministry,
Free State of Haifa

To:
His Lordship Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Minister of State
Bovic Tapferite Empire of the Natopian Nation

Your Excellency, Greetings:

This letter is in reply to your earlier missives regarding the status of Walstadt. The Free State of Haifa finds itself open to negotiations on the matter, and is amenable to a transfer of Walstadt given proper verification of the claims.

I am quite pleased to also announce that Haifa would be amenable to the formalization of diplomatic relations between our countries. An exchange of ambassadors will be the natural next step in the diplomatic process, we await your reply patiently.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to make arrangements for this exchange, and of course, to proceed with a speedy and fair resolution to the Walstadt issue.

Respectfully,

Hon. Benjamin Meir
Foreign Minister,
Free State of Haifa
HOUSE MEIR OF NATOPIA
Thalassa, Natopia
(until Feb. 3, 2019) Chancellor Benjamin Meir, Count of Frenzyville
(after Feb. 3, 2019) Maria Meir, Countess of Frenzyville

Lord Erion

Re: [Haifa] On the question of Walstadt

Post by Lord Erion »

The Ministry of State
The Bovic Tapferite Empire of the Natopian Nation

To:
His Excellency The Hon. Benjamin Meir
Foreign Minister,
Free State of Haifa

Your Excellency,

On behalf of His Majesty Nathaniel, Emperor of the Natopians, I warmly welcome you to the Empire and thank you for your missive.

His Majesty is looking forward to an amenable resolution of the Walstadt issue, and I anticipate being able to forward appropriate verification from the Imperial Court in due course.

The Ministry of State would be delighted to exchange ambassadors in the near future, and would also be willing to establish an embassy for the use of the ambassador from Haifa. Would you be able to arrange for the reciprocal provision of an embassy for the use of our own ambassador?

Respectfully,

Minister of State,
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

House Meir

Post by House Meir »

Your Excellency,

The Free State of Haifa would most definitely be able to provide an embassy for the mission of Natopia to Haifa. We shall be in continued communication regarding this arrangement.

We look forward to the peaceful resolution of the Walstadt issue, and hope that it can bring a new age of Natopian and Haifan friendship and cooperation.

Respectfully,
Hon. Benjamin Meir
Foreign Minister,
Free State of Haifa
HOUSE MEIR OF NATOPIA
Thalassa, Natopia

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Your Excellency,

I am now in receipt of various documents of verification from the Imperial Court that pertain to His Bovic Majesty's desires for the confirmation of his inheritable titles in Walstadt and the possible reacquisition of that Principality.

The relevant narratives and links to these documents are as follows:
1. Elijah was the first prince of Wahlstadt. Wahlstadt was part of the Cibolan confederation.
http://bastionunion.org/archive/viewtop ... 728&t=8269

2. Once the Cibolan Confederation was dissolved, Wahlstadt became independent with Prince Elijah as the sovereign monarch
http://bastionunion.org/archive/viewtop ... 728&t=8911

3. Prince Elijah ennobled his family.
http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 563&t=7813

4. While insane, Elijah abdicated to Sisera who became princess.
http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 953#p71402

5. Princess Sisera executes her predecessor Elijah:
http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 073#p72312
I trust that these items will assist with the amenable resolution of the Walstadt issue.

Respectfully,

Minister of State,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Your Excellency,

Whilst we are awaiting further developments on the Walstadt issue, I have pleasure in presenting you with the keys to the new embassy for Haifa.

Respectfully,

Minister of State,

House Meir

Post by House Meir »

Your Excellency,

I apologize for the delay in a response. The Free State of Haifa has just carried out its parliamentary elections, and a new Government is being formed right now to govern. I can inform you however, that I have been elected Prime Minister of Haifa, and that my Government does intend to move forward with this matter. A new Foreign Minister shall be appointed, but until then I shall go ahead and continue with correspondence on this matter.

We are committed to the peaceful resolution of this issue. The Haifan Cabinet has decided that a land trade would be the most preferable course of action. The land trade does not have to be of equal size to Walstadt.

In the meantime, the Haifan Government will begin setting up its diplomatic mission to Natopia in our new embassy. Sites are being surveyed in Haifa for the Natopian embassy and we will provide a list of properties in Abeis for your consideration.

Respectfully,

Benjamin Meir,
Prime Minister,
Free State of Haifa
HOUSE MEIR OF NATOPIA
Thalassa, Natopia

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Your Excellency,

I would like to offer you my congratulations upon your election and wish you good luck with your new government.

The Empire is amenable to a land trade and has identified the city of Port Saint Andre and its immediate territory, centrally located on the southern coast of Apollonia, as a possible reciprocal candidate. With potential for further development, would that be in a convenient location for Haifa's benefit?

I look forward to viewing the options for the forthcoming Natopian embassy in Haifa. In the meantime, the Emperor and the Chancellor are conferring over the Empire's future diplomatic mission to Haifa.

Respectfully,

Minister of State,

House Meir

Post by House Meir »

Your Excellency,

The offer of the Port of St. Andre and its immediate environs is a perfectly acceptable trade for Walstadt. The Haifan Government sees no problem in making this land trade.

My staffers are currently in the process of the transition, as you may know, there are headaches and problems that arise in the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to the other. However, over the next few days, we will be working to put together a draft agreement for the land trade that we should be presenting to you by the end of the week.

Respectfully,

Benjamin Meir
Prime Minister,
Free State of Haifa
HOUSE MEIR OF NATOPIA
Thalassa, Natopia

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Your Excellency,

I wish you a successful transfer of power and look forward to seeing the draft agreement for the land trade in due course.

Respectfully,

Minister of State,

Return to “Foreign Affairs Archive”