[Decree] Marriage to Ayreon IV

Imperial decrees, foreign affairs, defense, and judicial courts.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor

Nathan II

[Decree] Marriage to Ayreon IV

Post by Nathan II »

His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan the Second, by the Loving Grace of the Butter Cow Emperor of the Natopians, Faro of Flaventia, King of Ziegeland; Prince of Sororiya; Duke of Lochhatonia, of New Dracoheim, and of Modan and Malarboria; Marquis of Lükanburg, Count-Elector of Mertfray, Count of Elivia, and of Ynnraile; Lord of Tarsica, of Yellow Island, of Alrodey, Andelarion an der Neurändern, and in Jorvik; Grand Mayor of Lindstrom City; Sovereign of the Ancient and Secret Order of the Black Hole, of the Most Noble Order of the Yoshi, of the Honorable Order of the Palette, Triumphal Defender of All Four Quarters, Sovereign of the Natopian Order of Imperial Civil Excellence, and of the Order of St Asara Sisu; Grand Commander of the Natopian Defense Force; Avatar of the Imperial and Royal House of Waffel-Paine, Heir to the Imperial Bloodline of Drak, and Head of House Kilynn; Conqueror of Dracoheim, Uniter of the Demesnes, Protector of the Eternal Nation, Guardian of the Icons of the State, Wielder of the Sword of Sovereignty, and Scourge of Lavalon; Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, and Transcendence of the Dhury

sends Greetings to the People of the Empire and the Wider World

By virtue of the issuance of this decree, under the full authority of myself as Emperor of the Natopians, by which I have sole right to dictate and decide the composition, nature, and membership of my Imperial Court, I do hereby declare and decree that Kaiser Ayreon IV of Shireroth and I are lawful and legal husbands in the eyes of Natopian law and Bovic custom, and all other jurisdictions that recognize such contracts, with all rights and privileges that such status affords us.

I decree that the Contract of Marriage between the Kaiser and myself, attached to this decree, is fully implemented within the Natopian Empire and shall be the basis of our legal union, which must have unique provisions and protections considering our status as heads of state of two allied sovereign nations.

The Kaiser, while in Natopian lands and in such situations where it is appropriate, is entitled to be referred to as His Most Bovic Majesty, Ayreon, Imperial Consort of Natopia.

I request that no ceremony or reception be planned for us in Natopia, and that in lieu of gifts, any well-wishers contribute their time or money to their choice of local, regional, national, or international LGBTQ-rights advocacy organizations.

NATHAN II

Signed at Vista de Nada
on 21 Friedeber 1670
By The Emperor Himself with His Own Hand.
Contract permitting the marriage between

VIDAR SALIM LIVARSON AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI OF WAFFEL-PAINE

and

NATHAN ANDERS AHARSI WAFFEL-PAINE OF DRAK

Article 1
Kaiser Ayreon IV and Emperor Nathan II may join one another in marriage by decreeing the marriage into effect in their respective courts, provided such decrees reference this Contract’s full validity. Neither a religious nor a seecular ceremony shall cause the marriage into effect; the marriage is effective upon the decree according to this Article.

Article 2
Upon marriage, the husband shall in the jurisdiction where he is not head of state be titled Imperial Consort and be immediately second in rank to his husband in that jurisdiction. He shall not be its head of state or share the position of head of state with his husband. Nor may he take on duties of regency or remain in the order of succession.

Article 3
There will be no shared property during the marriage; what one party owns before marriage or secures during it is his. If property shall be transferred to the other party, it shall be in the form of a witnessed deed of gift.

Article 4
Upon the death of one of the parties in the marriage, the estate shall pass to his legal heirs; if there are no legal heirs, it shall pass to the state over which he, at the time of the contract of marriage, was head of state.

Article 5
Divorce may be sought by one of the parties by informing the other party of such request. If the other party agrees to a divorce, divorce shall occur upon the signing of a contract of divorce between the parties. If the other party disagrees to a divorce, the parties shall aim to negotiate on the matter in conjunction with the Natopian and Shirerithian governments. If no agreement can be made, divorce is effected 10 Norton years after the request for a divorce was made.

The Landsraad and/or Frenzy may, upon finding that the Contract of Marriage is violated, cause a dissolution of the marriage with the consent of the head of government of that state. Such dissolution shall take effect 1 Norton year after the resolution of dissolution has been adopted.

Article 6
No party to this marriage may impregnate a new woman with his seed without the notarized consent of the other party and of the woman in question.

Article 7
No party of this marriage shall take on a new spouse, spouse or catamite without the notarized consent of the other party, as well as adhering to such laws as may be in force on the matter in the relevant jurisdiction.

This Contract is agreed to by the prospective spouses and their respective councils:

Done at Lindström and Shirekeep [11 Friedeber 1670]:
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Return to “Vista de Nada Palace”