Letter to the Timeless Shadow

Office of the Secretary for Foreign Affairs.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Secretary for Foreign Affairs

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Letter to the Timeless Shadow

Post by Continuator »

For the Attention of Kurai Darkmoon,
Grand Chamberlain of the Court of the Calm Waters,
Lindstrom,
Flaventia,
Bovic Tapferite Empire of the Natopian Nation

Dear Timeless Shadow,

The ESB-Jörmungandr Group is presently interested in discussing the possibility of arranging the short-term lease of a Dingo Class Shuttle (or two) from the Natopian Defence Force, or an equivalent civilian agency, for inter-continental cargo flights that may require high-angle descents down onto improvised runways, and rapid take-offs to high altitude following erratic flight patterns.

The Natopian Government need but name its price.

The Timeless Shadow

Re: Letter to the Timeless Shadow

Post by The Timeless Shadow »

Sir,

Thank you for your letter. I shall bring it up with the government and then get back to you.
NGHAFH CTAGD
THE TIMELESS SHADOW

The Timeless Shadow

Sir,

After deliberations with the Government I now can report to you the results of them.

The Natopian government would be more than willing to offer your company a lease of two Dingo-class shuttles. However, the Government notes that the ESB-Jörmungandr Group is registered in Goldshire.

Under Article VIII of the Treaty of the Matrimonial Palace between Shireroth and Natopia, the free-trade regime only extends between Natopia, on one hand, and Shireroth's imperial territories on the other. Shirerithian imperial states are free to opt-in, without any objection from Natopia, to the free-trade regime, but no state, including Goldshire, has chosen to do so.

Accordingly, I regret to inform you that the Natopian government is unable to provide assistance on this matter until such time that the appropriate authorities opt in to the Shiro-Natopian free-trade area.
NGHAFH CTAGD
THE TIMELESS SHADOW

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Please accept my gratitude for your considered answer. I can advise that the ESB Group, whilst registered in Goldshire, has been granted an licence under Imperial Decree to operate a trading colony on the Imperial Dominion of Ura'Bos. This colony will be operated by a subsidiary company - the South Seas (Ura'Bos) Company Limited, which will be located in the aforesaid Imperial Dominion. If the Natopian Government is amenable, the lease can be made to the South Seas Company.

I will, of course, however make representations to the Kingdoms of Goldshire and Elwynn to opt into Article VIII at the earliest opportunity.

The Timeless Shadow

Sir,

Thank you for your speedy reply. We are most grateful for the representations that you undertake to make.

The Natopian government is willing to lease to the South Seas Co, as that would be in line with the current trade regulations. The question of the type of shuttle, how many, and for what period of time would determine the appropriate fee.
NGHAFH CTAGD
THE TIMELESS SHADOW

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

This is excellent news. I have raised the matter of the free trade area in the High Council of Goldshire.

The request then is for the lease, to the South Seas Company, of x2 Dingo Variant craft for one Elw year. Natopian Government to name the price. Our proposed method of payment will be for an agreed equivalent amount of ESB branded hardware, such as the Banshee cruise missile and the Samyaza torpedo or the provision of services in kind to an equivalent value.

Dingo Class Shuttle - Variant

Purpose: Personal, commercial
Range: Medium (space-faring and atmospheric)
Crew Complement: 24
Scientific Instrumentation: Navigational guidance
Sub-light Propulsion: Fusion impulse drives

The Timeless Shadow

Sir,

The government is pleased to propose that in return for the lease of 2 Dingo-class shuttles (24-seat variant), the payment of 18 Banshee cruise missiles would suffice.
(searching the web, leasing a Boeing 787 (probably comparable, not in size, but complexity, since the shuttles can easily go into orbit) is ~$9,000,000 for a year, and a cruise missile, according to wikipedia is ~ $500,000.
NGHAFH CTAGD
THE TIMELESS SHADOW

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

The South Sea Company will be happy to accept the terms of payment. I propose to visit the Shirerithian Embassy in Lindstrom in my capacity as Minister of Military Affairs, it is important to make sure that these facilities have proper security arrangements after all. Whilst I would be in town, I would like to invite you to an informal signing ceremony for the contract of the lease, to be held in the grounds of the embassy. Is tomorrow convenient?

The Timeless Shadow

Naturally. I look forward to it, sir.
NGHAFH CTAGD
THE TIMELESS SHADOW

Return to “Court of the Calm Waters”