[GF Bill] Western Tapfer Claim and Reconstruction Act 1685

The lower chamber of the Frenzy.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Speaker of the Frenzy, (Natopia) The Frenzy

Nathan II

[GF Bill] Western Tapfer Claim and Reconstruction Act 1685

Post by Nathan II »

Mister President,

On behalf of the Chancellor, acting as Speaker of the Greater Frenzy, I do hereby present this Bill to you for debate and voting in Lesser Frenzy. The Senators of the Greater Frenzy have voted to approve this Bill and request the approval of this Division of the Frenzy.

IN THE GREATER FRENZY OF THE BOVIC EMPIRE
24 Blumuar 1685

Senator Eiiard Darkroot of Flaventia introduced the following bill; which was referred by the Chancellor for consideration in the Committee for National Security

A BILL

To provide for the benefit of the Bovic Empire by claiming new lands

Be it enacted by the Senators and Representatives of the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation in Frenzy assembled, That the following changes are made to the laws of the Bovic Empire, namely:

Section 1
This Bill may be referred to as the Western Tapfer Claim and Reconstruction Act 1685.

Section 2
Resolved, an agent of the Imperial Government is directed to lodge a claim with the Micronational Cartography Society that extends Natopian territorial claims to the vacant land on Tapfer, attached as Schedule 1 of this Bill.

Section 3
Section 3 of Chapter XI is amended:
f. West Tapfer (including: Opaeghia, Massat, Salsang)
Section 4
Section 4 of Chapter VI is amended to add a new holiday:
4. Blumuar 19 - Vindication Day; to commemorate the day the Vanic Source was eradicated from Micras, and to reflect on the horrors of the Vanic corruption throughout history, and to rededicate the Natopian Nation to fighting for truth, justice, honor, and freedom for all people.
Section 5

The following section is added to Chapter XII of the Caprine Code:
Section 6 - Special Conditions for Former Vanic Lands and Providing for their Reconstruction

1. All lands within the Bovic Empire that were once under the sovereign control of the Vanic Source (i.e. Stormark) shall be subject to special considerations for the benefit of the former Vanic subjects and protection of the rest of the Bovic Empire. The Vanic Rehabilitation Zone of the former Duchy of Port Chloe and Providence Plantations or "Mandatory Providence" shall remain a special jurisdiction of the Bovic Empire, under the direct control of the Imperial Government and not integrated into any other Demesne or electorate of Natopia for a minimum of 5 years and then only with approval from the Emperor's Secretary for Defense, and the Chancellor's Minster of Security who will independently verify the reduction of instances of Vanic recidivism to zero, or manageable levels.
2. Officers of the Natopian Defense Force and any such notaries public, civic magistrates, or other applicable public servants will enter the former Vanic lands and receive oaths or affirmations from all residents to renounce now and forever the Vanic faith and culture.
3. Any high ranking Vanic officials, known sympathizers, hardliners, community leaders, civic officials, prominent residents, and others will be immediately relocated to military installations on the former international border located throughout Opaeghia, Massat, and Transegale. While there they shall be subject to humane treatment while undergoing thorough psychological and physical evaluations to determine the necessary level of cult-deprogramming therapy.
4. Integration Centers will be established throughout the former Vanic land, under the authority of the Ministry of Security, which will process the former Vanic subjects, count them, record their affirmation to denounce Vanicism, and either a) approve them to return to their homes or b) recommend further internment and committal to an Advanced Integration Program.
5. Inward migration shall be encouraged, with Natopian citizens who relocate to former Vanic lands shall be eligible for grants, income tax exclusion, low- or no-interest loans, and other benefits. Nationals of those countries who publicly denounced and fought against Vanicism prior to the Second Auspicious Occasion shall be welcomed to immigrate with less restrictions.
6. Any cities that were once in former Vanic lands shall be immediately removed from internal and external maps and dis-incorporated.
7. Former Vanic subjects shall be eligible for a pathway to citizenship after ten years of good behavior and no suspected Vanic relapses.
8. All residents of former Vanic lands shall enjoy total anonymity in reporting Vanic proclivities, private worship, and relapses to the authorities.
9. Relapsing Vanics shall be sent to Integration Centers and reenrolled in Advanced Integration Programs, their ten-year pathway toward citizenship shall be reset.
10. No legal distinction shall be made between naturalized former Vanics and other Natopian citizens.
11. Flags, emblems, and all other symbols of the Vanic Source shall be illegal to display or possess; unless presented in a museum within the context of anti-Vanic public education.
12. The dark history of Vanic corruption shall be incorporated into the curriculum of secondary education.
13. Statues, memorials, or other forms or remembrance of Vanic leaders or deities shall never be erected on public or private ground.
14. Memorials to the victims of Vanic sexual rites may be erected on private ground. Statues to anti-Vanic heroes may be erected on public ground.
15. Funds shall be made available for rape survivors of Vanic "religious rites" to receive psychiatric and therapeutic care as they require it.
16. Public nudity shall not be allowed in the former Vanic lands. After 1705 local and demesne governments may decide to legalize or decriminalize the act.
Schedule 1
New territorial claim and arrangement.

Schedule 2
Proposed future arrangement of the West Tapfer Federation.
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Primo de Aguilar

Re: [GF Bill] Western Tapfer Claim and Reconstruction Act 1685

Post by Primo de Aguilar »

Mr. President,

I have the honor to echo the words of our late Princess Isabella of Arboria of Blessed and Happy Memory, nearly 24 years to this day, when she said, "On behalf of Arboria I hope that I will soon be able to warmly welcome the West Tapfer Federation into the fraternity of the Natopian Nation."

I yield.

Kir

Post by Kir »

Herman Zeewinckel (AWFWL, Two Martyrs):

Mr President, congratulations on your well-deserved victory in this position. I look forward to working under your direction. It is my understanding that in the absence of our own rules in this frenzy, we'll abide by the rules of the "other place". As such, I would like to move that we approve this bill with unanimous consent.

Nathan II

Post by Nathan II »

Melvin P. Butterworth, FJBP-Pavleton:
Mister President,

One of the goals of Reconstruction was to prevent the atrocities of the Storish from happening on this planet again. One of the ways this was to be accomplished was to reduce the political power of the residents of these tainted lands.

I worry that the region of Salsang will, inevitably, return to the deplorable ways of the "Ancient Ways" if these... Salsangers as we are calling them now, are allowed to form their own region again. I am unaware of the degrees of autonomy provided to the regions incorporated into the West Tapfer Federation but my level of comfort with having any region designated for them has rapidly dropped as I watched the debate in the Greater Frenzy. The senators there are filled with lofty speeches, and indeed their words are idealistic. But they seem to think the Salsangers are already reformed and repentant... after only two years? Even then the ten-year probation period until citizenship is very little time when considering some of these Salsangers have been entirely subsumed into the "culture" of the Ancient Ways for their entire adult lives and have groomed their own children to accept their ways too. We are not talking about years or decades of "re-integration." We must begin to look at this as a generational project to redeem the Salsangers who are not even born yet, as the ones living now will need decades of therapy and supervision to prevent regression.

I, however, am a Representative of the people of the county of Pavleton, I know what my people want and my people want to make sure their children are safe when they take a vacation to the pristine coastlines of that new countryside.

Furthermore, I don't believe the Senators' proposal went far enough to remove the vestiges of the former foreign border. They just smudged the borders a little bit. The scar is still visible on this proposed map. Radical problems require radical solutions and I propose that a portion of the area referred to as Salsang be added to Transegale such that the so-called Salsangers be divided among two demesnes and thus denied the ability to form a majority government in the near future.

I have no doubt the future generations of the Salsangers will rediscover the untainted version of their culture and at that time we can celebrate their diversity, as is the Natopian way. It is simply too soon now.
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Primo de Aguilar

Post by Primo de Aguilar »

Second

Ernesto de la Cruz

Post by Ernesto de la Cruz »

Kir wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:00 am
Herman Zeewinckel (AWFWL, Two Martyrs):

Mr President, congratulations on your well-deserved victory in this position. I look forward to working under your direction. It is my understanding that in the absence of our own rules in this frenzy, we'll abide by the rules of the "other place". As such, I would like to move that we approve this bill with unanimous consent.
I second this motion for unanimous consent. The UDM caucus stands firmly behind approving this measure.
Ernesto de la Cruz
Chancellor of the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation
Member of the Frenzy
Most Serene Union of Demesnes, Natopia
Lord High Steward and First Secretary of the Most Serene Government (1663-1668)
Dos Gardenias, New Alexandria

(Member of the Central Committee of Edgards.)

Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

With the majority of Representatives in the president's coalition voting in favor, this has passed both divisions of the Frenzy.

:Court:
Tinker Sprocket
Count of Norrström (Natopia)
Count of Machinaria, Viscount Sprocket of Machinaria (Shireroth)
Speaker of the Frenzy
Prætor of the Landsraad

Nathan and/or Ric

Return to “The Lesser Frenzy”