CLRF

The Republic of Los Liberados, a young and ambitious island nation governed by a benevolent Junta. Rum, Salsa, the best weather of Micras and music on every street corner, what is not to like? ¡Ven y visita!

Moderator: Castrigo

Kalgachi Envoy

CLRF

Post by Kalgachi Envoy »

From the DEO Telegraph Agency (Keltia Desk) 17/3/207, 08:31 CMT -10

AID FOR CORCOVADO AIMS TO END ISOLATION

CORCOVADO - The benighted San Pedrovian disapora are a little less alone since yesterday, when the Corcovado Long-Range Radio Facility (CLRF), built by warrant of the Los Liberados government with Iron Company labour and OIEC-supplied architects, was declared operational. Staffed by a combination of Liberadosan technicians and Kalgachi instructors, the CLRF provides reliable voice and data communications of high bandwidth between the Autonomous City of Corcovado and its benefactors in Los Liberados proper, greatly assisting the latter's effort to provision, resettle and otherwise assist the displaced population of San Pedro after the collapse of Caputia. The facility remains under construction, with the presently operational transmission units soon to be augmented with a full multi-band capability which will allow the station to serve as a communications relay between Puerto Arcadio and Batavia, via the latter's island possessions off Eastern Keltia.

Built with rugged Kalgachi electronics, the station is designed for low maintenance and resilience to the elements, both meteorological and electromagnetic. According to the Kalgachi Directorate of the Tumultuous Wastes, who have supplied the equipment free of charge as humanitarian aid along with a cadre of experienced operators, this will lessen the operating burden on the government and economy of Los Liberados and keep local resources flowing toward the San Pedrovians' more essential needs such as food and shelter.

"It's great," said Mirabella Querareheiroz, 31, a recently-arrived refugee. "My aunt and cousins got here ahead of me, and by the time I arrived at the transit camp they'd already moved on to Puerto Arcadio. But thanks to the new radio station, we can send each other telegrams! After all I've been through, it's so comforting to know where my family is. I've arranged to met them again soon, and in the meantime I can catch up on the telenovelas!"

Castrigo

Re: CLRF

Post by Castrigo »

Enrique Ruíz García, major of Corcovado, praised the CLRF in a short speech at its opening ceremony. "This facility marks a new step in the international co-operation of Los Liberados, we are glad to work together with our Kalgachian friends to provide better means of communication for the oppressed people of Keltia, especially those in San Pedro who fear the persecution of the Bassarid-Jing axis of evil. It is inspiring to see those who want freedom on this planet uniting and working together to build projects like these."

The major refused to answer questions related to potential military aspects of the facility, denying these rumours in strong terms.

Return to “República de Los Liberados”